Petracca Ready to Take Next Step

Demonland

He is a brilliant player whose flaws sometime outweigh his brilliance. Improve his tank and ball use and he slides straight into the A grade category. His turnovers kill me but I love watching him.

One thing is for sure - he is one of a maybe 5 players who stood up in 2019. He is part of our solution, not part of the problem and I celebrate him for that.

• Like 10

I’d play this bloke as a half forward flanker pinch hitting for 2 centre bounces a quarter.

Despire his want to be a full time midfielder, he should be utilising his innate  ability to hit the score board.

Petracca should be aiming for and kicking 40 goals a year and be in contention for all Australian.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, monoccular said:

I suspect that most here would prefer deeds to words from our club.

You are no doubt correct Mono, but in the off season its hard to give more than words. 

Yes, its off-season fluff but at least we have something to talk about while there are no games being played. That is most likely the aim of these articles. Imagine if the club said nothing until round 1 next year....................................................................

Edited by ding

On 9/26/2019 at 9:36 PM, whatwhatsaywhat said:

I for one love his attitude

Really hope he becomes the player we all want him to be - an out and out superstar

I actually think he was one of our most consistent players in a truly awful year

Yeah well I have my doubts, Overweight, Questionable goal kicking technique, Inconsistent!..happy to trade!!!!

2 hours ago, ding said:

Imagine if the club said nothing until round 1 next year....................................................................

Then come out firing ........ Happy days.

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

Yeah well I have my doubts, Overweight, Questionable goal kicking technique, Inconsistent!..happy to trade!!!!

Too many are willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Especially considering I have zero faith on who they'd trade him for.
It'd be some injury prone NQR.
He improved this year and if he can improve again next year and the year after he'll be a 25yr old gun.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, picket fence said:

Ridiculous overraeaction Yes he needs to build fitness or a tank and his goal technique from 35 m in is flawed but you work in these problems and improve players 

Trading l players out is not the answer 

his season was his best overall yes 30 plus goals should have been his total but his major fault was his very good first halves and not so good after half time 

that's partly fitness and dldonbuikding a tank not necessarily overweight .

Far too much flogging players over last year snd in 2020 everyone gets a chance if retribution.

On 9/27/2019 at 6:32 AM, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Wow that’s lofty expectations!

The elite such as Martin, Fyfe and Dangerfield aren’t even capable of it.

They spend most time on the ball

Trac prob is more a forward and perhaps 40 plus goals is more realistic but 25 possessions is not unrealistic.

9 hours ago, picket fence said:

yr as bad as my tigers supporting mate who three years ago wanted hardwick sacked, houli and grigg delisted, cotchin removed from the captaincy, and martin traded

14 hours ago, picket fence said:

So do you think we should trade every player who has any faults or limitations?  

I think we all agree that  CP5 needs to work on endurance and set shot goal kicking - so rather than trade him, how about we encourage and help him address these limitations?  

5 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

yr as bad as my tigers supporting mate who three years ago wanted hardwick sacked, houli and grigg delisted, cotchin removed from the captaincy, and martin traded

I want Goodwin sacked, Jones delisted and Viney traded. I hope 2020 turns out like Richmond's 2017. :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Became hard to tackle and hard to bring down in a tackle this year.  That will really boost his confidence going forward. I want to see him regain his one grab marking. He's a confidence player and a decent kick, his set shot shockers should disappear.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

Yeah but similar to when Jimmy Toumpas was drafted, I always went for Oliver Wines. Don't put words in  my mouth and guess what...

I, Unlike your tiger mate would NEVER have agreed to what your mate wanted.

Coz "Fence Knows Footy"

?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, picket fence said:

So what WAS the problem??? SWYL?

It was all too hard Picket. Tracc had a serious crack at least. 

Should get 2nd to Max in the B&F tomorrow night 

Another main problem I believe happened this year, was too much structure. Not enough playing on instinct. 

Edited by Sir Why You Little

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

Yeah but similar to when Jimmy Toumpas was drafted, I always went for Oliver Wines. Don't put words in  my mouth and guess what...

I, Unlike your tiger mate would NEVER have agreed to what your mate wanted.

Coz "Fence Knows Footy"

?

You are a fingging troll  you have never had a positive post ever, Jimmy toumpas is not even half the player tracc is he is tracking along nicely, very few superstar became one in there first four years in the AFL, Gary Ablett only avaraged 16 disposals a game in his first 100, not saying that he will be as good but Rome was not bulit in a day.

Edited by don't make me angry
  • Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 7:19 PM, Sir Why You Little said:

It was all too hard Picket. Tracc had a serious crack at least. 

Should get 2nd to Max in the B&F tomorrow night 

Another main problem I believe happened this year, was too much structure. Not enough playing on instinct. 

Well the FACT that an insignificant and largely non effective Co Capt Viney was 3rd in the B&F, is, was a Damning indictment on our year!!

• Like 1