PaulRB

1 minute ago, The Chazz said:

Weak AF champ.  You misquoted me, I caught you out, then you deleted your post saying that you didn't want to get sucked in to a rubbish slanging match?

Poor form.

No, I just decided that once our discussion got to the point of throwing around insults it had run it's course.

Have a good one.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tiers said:

Weed and Tmac for me. Start with them and leave them to work it out. It's obvious the coaches can't.

I'm with you Tiers.  If Goodwin thinks it's acceptable to sit Smith in the backline while they wait for him to develop, then get Weid back into the team, get him and TMc working together, and start building our forward entries around the strengths of these two blokes.

His refusal to do so is Neeld-like.  Neeld implemented a game plan that very few of our players were able to play.

17 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Collingwood need a key forward, does Weideman already have one foot out the door? 

There is probably a fair bit in this comment, I would hazard a guess his management is being very open and active right about now.

Although, we won't ever have a dominant forward because we don't give them a chance

3 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

We desperately need another genuine key forward, even if it's a B grader such as Casboult.

We lost on Sunday because of our dysfunctional forward line and we will lose the majority of our games this year because of our dysfunctional forward line.

I was deeply concerned about our forward line over summer and it appears as though my fears have been realised.

The head coach, head of football and list manager all have to be held severely accountable for this.

I also wonder if Bennell played that he may have had the type of influence that might have won us teh game.. a nice kick inside 50 or a goal himself. I agree though.. we cant play 1 tall forward and keep bombing it in. 

To me it feels like teh coaching is so out of their depth to solve this that the only way is to play run and gun style and hope we get a fast break goal. Not sustainable at all.

26 minutes ago, MF-C said:

if not Weed then who? 

I'm pretty keen on us really hunting a stronger fwd line - I just don't know who is out there that's decent or that I'd want in the side. 

The big issue is that our mids also don't hit the scoreboard enough too 

Spot on about our mids. Brayshaw is the only one that looks like kicking a goal. Our red haired guy and his mate Viney got no idea how to kick a goal shown by the stupid hand balling fiasco 40 yards out on Sunday instead of kicking a goal. Have a look at the young red headed guy up this way (Qld). Think he's averaging 2 goals a game last 3 games

On 6/29/2020 at 10:29 PM, Lord Nev said:

Yeah, my hope would be Levi could bridge the 'Weid/Jackson gap' where he covers us for a couple of years while one (or hopefully both) of those guys really come on. He almost left the Blues last time he was out of contract but then some weird contract clause kicked in from memory and they signed him up again. Having a genuine big unit who will lead hard and never drop the ball would be a godsend for us, plus the bloke literally hasn't missed this year; 8 goals straight.

I'm on Levi watch tonight, LN. He has been terrible, 3/4 time, 5 disposals, 2 marks (none contested), 1 shot on goal for an on the full.

Interesting sidenote, BT made the comment that while he has kicked 8 goals, 0 behinds, he has kicked a number out on the full.

Perhaps instead of just looking at stats, we may need to watch the player closely during game time to paint a better picture of his worth...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Chazz said:

I'm on Levi watch tonight, LN. He has been terrible, 3/4 time, 5 disposals, 2 marks (none contested), 1 shot on goal for an on the full.

Interesting sidenote, BT made the comment that while he has kicked 8 goals, 0 behinds, he has kicked a number out on the full.

Perhaps instead of just looking at stats, we may need to watch the player closely during game time to paint a better picture of his worth...

Cool mate, I look forward to your Levi watch reports after every quarter the Blues play this year. Can't wait.

• Haha 1

Just now, Lord Nev said:

Can't wait champ. Nothing says "I understand footy" like judging the ability of a player one a game by game basis.

Here he goes, using personal shots when it suits the poster.

Nothing says "I understand footy" like having Casboult 2nd on your KPF shopping list. ?‍♂️

And nothing says "I'll just use published stats for my argument" like leaving out Levi's on the full count of your "he literally isn't missed" justification.

Now, go and annoy someone else. I'm done.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, The Chazz said:

Here he goes, using personal shots when it suits the poster.

Nothing says "I understand footy" like having Casboult 2nd on your KPF shopping list. ?‍♂️

And nothing says "I'll just use published stats for my argument" like leaving out Levi's on the full count of your "he literally isn't missed" justification.

Now, go and annoy someone else. I'm done.

No need to cry it's just discussion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/30/2020 at 2:14 PM, whatwhatsaywhat said:

weideman is signed up til the end of 2021 with us

fwiw, i would happily have jesse back - never wanted to lose him in the first place

Interestingly, I think it was TMc who sounded the death-nell on Hogan.

I reckon when Tmc was playing so well at CHF,  and playing high half-forward,  he took that position off Jesse.

So Hogan played deep, and wasn't a jumper at the ball really.  He needs some run to it, to time his launch.   I think this made it tough for Hogan, who might have gotten down on himself.?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 10:13 PM, Lord Nev said:

Can't wait champ. Nothing says "I understand footy" like judging the ability of a player one a game by game basis.

How's the great Levi been traveling lately, champ?

Please tell me you have come to your senses and realised he is NOT a player you should have in the top 3 of your shopping list.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Chazz said:

Please tell me you have come to your senses and realised he is NOT a player you should have in the top 3 of your shopping list.

Has kicked more goals then anyone in our side.

So he must be doing something right.. I'd take him over McDonald on form.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

When LN brought up Casboult's name, we were crying out for a help for TMc. My argument was that we have two capable back-ups in the scratch matches that could do that. Bugger me, the coach finally brought in Weid, and what do you know? He has averaged 2.5 goals a game since his return. Significantly more than Casboult's return in the same timeframe (to be fair, Levi has been ordinary since LN brought up his name, and Carlton have had some big scores in that time).

Casboult is not a player that we need to chase.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, The Chazz said:

21 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Averaging more goals, marks, tackles, contested marks, marks inside 50, score involvements, clearances, metres gained and more; all by a pretty decent amount.

TBF tho, McDonald has him covered for handballs, so it's a line ball call at this stage.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Chazz said:

When LN brought up Casboult's name, we were crying out for a help for TMc. My argument was that we have two capable back-ups in the scratch matches that could do that. Bugger me, the coach finally brought in Weid, and what do you know? He has averaged 2.5 goals a game since his return. Significantly more than Casboult's return in the same timeframe (to be fair, Levi has been ordinary since LN brought up his name, and Carlton have had some big scores in that time).

Casboult is not a player that we need to chase.

My argument was he would be a mature and reliable key forward while Weid and Jackson develop.

I'm a Weid fan, but you're not seriously talking averages after 2 games? What are Jackson's averages in that time btw?

If you're happy with TMac as our prime mature key forward, then that's your opinion. I feel it's a weakness in our team at the moment which is why I suggested 3 peak age free agent key forwards that were realistic targets.

Nothing shows more of a lack of understanding of the game than people who think every player is either an absolute star or absolute spud.