Angus Brayshaw to Fremantle Rumours

Lord Nev

Unless a godfather deal comes our way, we should be keeping our core together at all costs until at least 2021.

They're not in their prime and under Paul Roos, we drafted these players to be the future of the club.

I would be absolutely livid if we let one go given the fact that they're supposed to 'come through together'.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Unless a godfather deal comes our way, we should be keeping our core together at all costs until at least 2021.

They're not in their prime and under Paul Roos, we drafted these players to be the future of the club.

I would be absolutely livid if we let one go given the fact that they're supposed to 'come through together'.

Fully agree on that, if any of those  players are traded there goes the future.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevethemanjordan said:

what do you class as a godfather deal out of interest.

I'm starting to think we could trade Brayshaw for a good pick (has to be first rounder albeit mid to late) which then gives us salary cap relief enabling a play for Tomlinson.

With the pick we go best available midfielder.

I suspect after signing Weideman, McDonald Brayshaw and now Frost each at more dollars than we would have budgeted for that our cap is tight. Sure you can play around with front ends and backends but we will need money for Oliver and Gawn just to mention a few.

First time I’ve read this thread.

Interesting if there’s any truth to it, and it wouldn’t surprise me. I know that he was dropped for the first 3 rounds last year to give him a rocket for being lazy, and it worked. And now this year the coaches have been getting frustrated with him again, because everything is always someone else’s fault with Angus. 

One day it will probably click and he’ll be a gun. Do we hang on? I don’t really care, as long as we get a fair return of he leaves.

That would mean Cerra & Langdon in my opinion, maybe a bit more going to Freo. Pick 6 would be ok, but I’d rather a kid with a few years development in him. Would help spread our age profile too.

I’m leaning towards making a move, as I think we need a bit of change, but he’ll need to be the agitator.

• Like 2

Thank god someone in demonland is talking some sense- why would we trade a player who almost won a Brownlow a year ago?

Edited by Sargent Shultz

22 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Brayshaw is a keeper. Fantastic player.  Over his concussion issues and 2018 showed his gun potential.  2019 not ideal but he wasn’t alone.  Need to retain Oliver-Viney-Brayshaw-Harmes-Petracca and add outside runners like Langdon & Amon and gun pick #2/3 like Anderson or Ash. 

Thank god someone in demonland is talking some sense- why would we trade a player who almost won a Brownlow a year ago?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diamond_Jim said:

what do you class as a godfather deal out of interest.

I'm starting to think we could trade Brayshaw for a good pick (has to be first rounder albeit mid to late) which then gives us salary cap relief enabling a play for Tomlinson.

With the pick we go best available midfielder.

I suspect after signing Weideman, McDonald Brayshaw and now Frost each at more dollars than we would have budgeted for that our cap is tight. Sure you can play around with front ends and backends but we will need money for Oliver and Gawn just to mention a few.

No way would I do that. A pick around the 10 mark and the opportunity to sign Tomlinson, who is an average, nothing sort of player imo, and we lose Brayshaw who is still early 20s and is more than capable of bouncing back to his best.

As pointed out earlier by STMJ, we drafted a very capable core who are just about to come into their prime years. Obviously we need to make some tweaks, but I’ll be filthy if we start deviating from that plan of having these guys come through together. We’ve already lost Hogan, can’t afford to lose Brayshaw or Petracca this trade period imo.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sargent Shultz said:

If he honestly wants out, and is not willing to accept his own responsibility for his performance, then is it not prudent?

Also, you’d be ignoring the fact that he received the majority of those as a result of Oliver’s hard work yet the umpires are not fit to recognise this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mach5 said:

If he honestly wants out, and is not willing to accept his own responsibility for his performance, then is it not prudent?

Also, you’d be ignoring the fact that he received the majority of those as a result of Oliver’s hard work yet the umpires are not fit to recognise this.

Interesting reading your comments mate on Gus and Clarry. 

I'd thought Gus' downturn in form this year was back-related, but maybe I was too hopeful. 

Off little pre season and a double shoulder-surgery Clarry managed to get into the right spots enough this year to amass more of the ball than he had in previous years. Why not Gus?

You've obviously heard things that I haven't, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Clarry is the only player that I'd pay over top dollar on our list. Probably my favourite all-time Melbourne player already. If it came down to Clarry, Gus or Petracca, I think I'd probably be more open to Gus being traded, but ultimately I want all of them to stay and I think our 'inside dominance' is overstated. It's an absolute strength if we get our stoppage set ups right and get the game going on our terms.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 6:15 PM, spirit of norm smith said:

Brayshaw is a keeper. Fantastic player.  Over his concussion issues and 2018 showed his gun potential.  2019 not ideal but he wasn’t alone.  Need to retain Oliver-Viney-Brayshaw-Harmes-Petracca and add outside runners like Langdon & Amon and gun pick #2/3 like Anderson or Ash. 

Gil Tse-Tung will more than likely kill off that last little sweetener NS.

43 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

He implies many things on here.  We will see how good his info is over the next couple of months.

You're welcome to look back at my posts for my track record so far.

You're also welcome to talk about footy instead of other posters, give it a try sometime.

1 minute ago, Lord Nev said:

You're welcome to look back at my posts for my track record so far.

You're also welcome to talk about footy instead of other posters, give it a try sometime.

I'll do what I want.

But, I wasn't trying to have a go.  I've just noticed you talk regularly about inside info, and have done around trades, interest in players and so forth.  I'm not wrong in saying that you imply many things on here, as you do.  We'll see how close to the pin you are as the off season continues.  That just comes with the territory. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

I'll do what I want.

But, I wasn't trying to have a go.  I've just noticed you talk regularly about inside info, and have done around trades, interest in players and so forth.  I'm not wrong in saying that you imply many things on here, as you do.  We'll see how close to the pin you are as the off season continues.  That just comes with the territory. 

Fair enough, and as mentioned you can have a look at some of the things that have already happened for proof that I'm at least not making things up. Not saying I'll get everything right by any stretch, but I try to only post things that seem legit.

I'm not trying to make it seem like I'm an insider or connected or anything of the like, just have a couple of mates who sometimes pass on info that has often been correct in the past.

I'll cop my whack for the inevitable times I'll get things wrong.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Fair enough, and as mentioned you can have a look at some of the things that have already happened for proof that I'm at least not making things up. Not saying I'll get everything right by any stretch, but I try to only post things that seem legit.

I'm not trying to make it seem like I'm an insider or connected or anything of the like, just have a couple of mates who sometimes pass on info that has often been correct in the past.

I'll cop my whack for the inevitable times I'll get things wrong.

Hey Suess. Some kind of gotcha death match is DL

post away LN, h8erz gonna h8, ya know?

Brayshaw is simply untouchable. He is a solid tackler, has a great hip and shoulder and is damaging going forward. He also helps our spread when he is fit. Personally think this thread should be shut down. He could be our captain in a few years.

1 hour ago, Thehardtackler said:

Brayshaw is simply untouchable. He is a solid tackler, has a great hip and shoulder and is damaging going forward. He also helps our spread when he is fit. Personally think this thread should be shut down. He could be our captain in a few years.

He's an ordinary tackler. Needs to get a lot better. Thought you'd know that @Thehardtackler.

• Like 1