The 2019 Draft and Trade Targets Thread

Nascent

54 minutes ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

really?

i see him as a small, lightweight player - he's not that much better than someone like lockyer, albeit younger

I reckon he'd be handy on a wing. In terms of a trade though, I wouldn't be parting with anything more than a second or third rounder.

1 hour ago, A F said:

I reckon he'd be handy on a wing. In terms of a trade though, I wouldn't be parting with anything more than a second or third rounder.

to explain what i heard was the Suns want more than just the Blues first pick, and he was the steak knives they had asked for. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

i wonder, if we do execute the split with the two picks in the teens that gw$ hold, whether we'll go for brodie kemp, the kid who did his knee but was originally touted as a top five pick?

Wondered the same (great minds think alike, but fools...)

• Like 1

Need to be a little bold and ruthless

pick 2 to GWS for 11 and 13, might cost a bit more with later picks

Pick 13&56 to WCE for Petruccelle and pick 32 , give eagles 2 first round picks for Kelly

Brayshaw pick 20 and 32 to Fremantle for Langdon and pick 6

Leaving us 6, 11, 38 in the draft, hopefully Young or Ash will be there at pick 6.

O Mac to go not worth much a pick in the 40s which will go to GWS.

We can cover losing Brayshaw and we get that exciting outside speed that we need

Anyone else think there would be a temptation to nudge Nathan Jones out the door and up to the Suns? we'd likely get pick 21 as compensation and he's likely got one year of average football left in him, he's been a champion of the club but part of me feels this is the type of decision a really good club would take the emotion out of. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, drdrake said:

Pick 13&56 to WCE for Petruccelle and pick 32 , give eagles 2 first round picks for Kelly

Leaving us 6, 11, 38 in the draft, hopefully Young or Ash will be there at pick 6.

We can cover losing Brayshaw and we get that exciting outside speed that we need

Pick 13 for Petruccelle?? Are you mad?

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

Anyone else think there would be a temptation to nudge Nathan Jones out the door and up to the Suns? we'd likely get pick 21 as compensation and he's likely got one year of average football left in him, he's been a champion of the club but part of me feels this is the type of decision a really good club would take the emotion out of. 

we would get zero compo

think waite going to north

1 minute ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

we would get zero compo

think waite going to north

No, i think we would get band 3 compensation, he'd be offered minimum 3 years on probably 600k because they need to fill their cap, he's captain of the club and our ladder position. we'd probably argue for band 2 and get pushed back to 3 which would be the pick immediately after our second rounder.

2 minutes ago, drdrake said:

Also getting 32 back, the guy would walk into our starting 18 and be in our best 6-10 players in 2020

Look I'd love to have Petrucelle in our side but there is no way he would be in our best 6-10 players.

A general list of players better than him:

Gawn

May

Lever

Jetta

Salem

Oliver

Petracca

Melksham

Fritsch

T McDonald

Brayshaw

Harmes

I know we had a bad season but to suggest Petrucelle is better than some o those is ridiculous

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DubDee said:

not sure the adelaide teams would go for these trades mate!!

jenkins would be on 600K+,  rubbish soft player too

stretch would be close to delisting unfortunately

Amon for Neal-Bullen might be close. Neal-Bullen had a good year last year. Amon hasn't done anything yet.

I thought that Adelaide may throw out Jenkins to get rid of salary cap space and he's in his 30's.

I would keep both Neal-Bullen and Stretch if they didn't get traded.

Edited by WERRIDEE

12 minutes ago, Collar-Jazz-Knee said:

Look I'd love to have Petrucelle in our side but there is no way he would be in our best 6-10 players.

A general list of players better than him:

Gawn

May

Lever

Jetta

Salem

Oliver

Petracca

Melksham

Fritsch

T McDonald

Brayshaw

Harmes

I know we had a bad season but to suggest Petrucelle is better than some o those is ridiculous

Gawn, May, Lever, Oliver I will give you the rest are hit and miss, Jetta's body is letting him down, Petracca, Melksham, Brayshaw, Harmes play well on their terms, Salem shows glimpses, T Mac two good seasons one down back one up forward, that is all we have seen from him.  

If as you would expect Petrucelle improves he could very easy be amongst that list, he is the exact type of player that we need, even try to add in Brander from West Coast as well

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, drdrake said:

Gawn, May, Lever, Oliver I will give you the rest are hit and miss, Jetta's body is letting him down, Petracca, Melksham, Brayshaw, Harmes play well on their terms, Salem shows glimpses, T Mac two good seasons one down back one up forward, that is all we have seen from him.  

If as you would expect Petrucelle improves he could very easy be amongst that list, he is the exact type of player that we need, even try to add in Brander from West Coast as well

You're banking on Petrucelle getting better which is no guarantee.

Plus he has not shown anywhere near enough yet to be swapped for a first round pick.

I'd absolutely give a pick in the 20s for him. O even late teens. But not 13, even with a pick back.

This might've been suggested somewhere but how bout a 3 way trade:

Dees:

Out - 3, 38       In - 7, Langdon

Freo:

Out - 7, Langdon    In - 12, 14

GWS:

Out - 12, 14      In - 3, 38

Edited by CRomey

3 hours ago, drdrake said:

I agree with you on most of that, but why  would any club trade pick 2 for 11,13? 

3 hours ago, drdrake said:

I like the fact you have had a go at this but no way do you swap pick 2 for 11 and 13.  Petrucelle is worth a late 2nd rd, early 3rd pick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CRomey said:

This might've been suggested somewhere but how bout a 3 way trade:

Dees:

Out - 3, 38       In - 7, Langdon

Freo:

Out - 7, Langdon    In - 12, 14

GWS:

Out - 12, 14      In - 3, 38

Would be happier with 12, 14 and Langdon for a pick in the 20s.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mach5 said:

Would be happier with 12, 14 and Langdon for a pick in the 20s.

Fair enough, guess it depends on who the club thinks will be available at 7.

2 hours ago, Demons11 said:

I like the fact you have had a go at this but no way do you swap pick 2 for 11 and 13.  Petrucelle is worth a late 2nd rd, early 3rd pick. 

It won't be pick 2 for 11 and 13, it will be 3 for 12 and 14 once the GC compo pick is awarded. If that is what happens it is a win / win, GWS need a pick above Green to get value in the draft and 12 and 14 give us good value in a draft that has a good even spread below the 1 & 2 picks. If we could get Rowell or Anderson that would be different but once GC get the compo and they are gone I'd do this trade in a heartbeat.