Jack Watts video

dazzledavey36

4 minutes ago, hemingway said:

No Sir, actually that year my favourite was Fiddler on the Roof, closely followed by Klute and the French Connection. 

All good films i must agree

Klute with Donald Sutherland, must watch that again. 

With “Kelly’s Heroes” as a double :)

• Like 1

I don't care whether people think it's right, wrong, or are indifferent, but what I do know is that Watts is just another a-clown cruising through an AFL career.

Goodwin has shipped off Hogan, Watts, and Bugg, for a reason.  He's a very smart man our Goody and his decisions remind me of the excellent image Gonzo shared a while back written by the great Ronald Dale Barassi.

20171008_224729.thumb.jpg.03dc02d3115123451ce793699b658f02.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

so culture is like a tap, huh?

wonder why jack said he was embarrassed for his parents and sister if it was just a question of fun

Jack's parents are humble, church-going folk. Wonder what they think of this and his well known like for hookers? 

He's a grown adult stuck with the brain of a 14 year boy. Glad he's not on our list anymore. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, ProDee said:

I don't care whether people think it's right, wrong, or are indifferent, but what I do know is that Watts is just another a-clown cruising through an AFL career.

Goodwin has shipped off Hogan, Watts, and Bugg, for a reason.  He's a very smart man our Goody and his decisions remind me of the excellent image Gonzo shared a while back written by the great Ronald Dale Barassi.

20171008_224729.thumb.jpg.03dc02d3115123451ce793699b658f02.jpg

Organisational culture and setting standards starts from the top and goes all way down. Amazing that it took the Club 50 years to do it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hemingway said:

Organisational culture and setting standards starts from the top and goes all way down. Amazing that it took the Club 50 years to do it. 

No not amazing Ernie. 

It was a bloody disgrace and the people who held influence should be utterly ashamed. 

It is not hard to fix....

On 2/3/2019 at 2:40 PM, Demonland said:

Jack Watts seems to be showing   skill  more  style  and go than when he was playing  for  P A in 2018.

15 hours ago, Darkhorse72 said:

Made the ch7 news tonight.

Don't care except they introduced him as "Ex Melbourne Player jack Watt"  then briefly mention a statement by Port on the issue.  Its seems he has more profile as Ex-Melbourne than current Port!

Port who?

Of course the mighty MFC has more profile/relevance than that  backwater rabble.

I’ve no doubt Jack was up to similar hi jinks when he was with us but it seems Port have something of a culture problem right now. You’ve the Jack Watts stories, Sam Powell-Peper and his two highly publicised incidents, and there are rumours on their board that Dixon came back out of shape and Rockliff is having attitude problems. Would not be one bit surprised to see them drop sharply down the ladder this season 

4 minutes ago, Goffer said:

I’ve no doubt Jack was up to similar hi jinks when he was with us but it seems Port have something of a culture problem right now. You’ve the Jack Watts stories, Sam Powell-Peper and his two highly publicised incidents, and there are rumours on their board that Dixon came back out of shape and Rockliff is having attitude problems. Would not be one bit surprised to see them drop sharply down the ladder this season 

Rockliff could have attitude problems because of Port's culture? I wouldn't be so quick to judge him. When he was at Brisbane he was clearly frustrated, and the fact they got Fagan in to clean up their mess suggests there was a problem. I'd be willing to cut Rockliff some slack. He isn't he easiest bloke to like but maybe he expects more from others. That probably isn't a bad thing. 

• Like 1

At the time (like other contributors) I was disappointed they gave Jack away or rather got rid of him. 

On reflection, I now see that Goodie and his crew recognised Jack's long term worth - party boy, uncommitted to doing the hard stuff, etc. Nice bloke but I'm really glad they pist him off/ie/sent him packing!

And used the 2nd round pick to get the Fritter.

Clearly, our club is in great management hands.

I'm still trying to get over Hoges.

I wonder what the AFL has to say about this?

It does have a Respect and Responsibility Policy in place and whilst the emphasis is on physical violence and mental abuse of women, it also sanctions activity that degrades women and this is a prime example of exactly that. Forget the woman in the video who willingly took part in Watts’ little escapade. Think of women in general; think of the image Watts is representing and think of the example this sets for young kids who look upon AFL players as heroes.

As far as Port Adelaide is concerned, they are heading for a fall - neither they nor their player appear to be particularly remorseful. That’s a sure sign that there are cultural problems at that club. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Whispering_Jack said:

I wonder what the AFL has to say about this?

It does have a Respect and Responsibility Policy in place and whilst the emphasis is on physical violence and mental abuse of women, it also sanctions activity that degrades women and this is a prime example of exactly that. Forget the woman in the video who willingly took part in Watts’ little escapade. Think of women in general; think of the image Watts is representing and think of the example this sets for young kids who look upon AFL players as heroes.

As far as Port Adelaide is concerned, they are heading for a fall - neither they nor their player appear to be particularly remorseful. That’s a sure sign that there are cultural problems at that club. 

To his credit, Watts has now belatedly expressed remorse at taking part in the video.

Not sure why people get so fired up about Watts. What you see is what you get. He is talented footballer and a party boy that commits about 70% to footy. 

I don’t get Anyone being surprised by this 

• Like 1

Even Malcolm Blight is airing his thoughts on Watts' football career:

At 27, you’re supposed to get smarter and better. Of all the (draft pick) No. 1s, five years either side of him … from 2003 to 2007: Adam Cooney, Brownlow Medallist, Brett Deledio, best and fairest winner, Marc Murphy, best and fairest winner, Bryce Gibbs, best and fairest winner, Matthew Krezuer, great warhorse. They’re the five before him, head and shoulders above him. The five after: Tom Scully, works his butt off every game he plays, David Swallow, terrific player at the Suns, Jonathon Patton, when he plays — he’s had some injuries — but a beast, Lachie Whitfield, All-Australian, Tom Boyd, premiership player. That’s his peer group. You know where he sits? Screamingly last. He might be the worst No. 1 pick ever.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2019-malcolm-blight-says-jack-watts-could-be-the-worst-no-1-pick-ever/news-story/d1ae4648989a81660a8cdd5b4bf14bd3

Wow blighty didn't hold back. But he does make a few good points when talking about players that have gone 31 before him or after him. 

What confuses me about this though before he snorts the stuff he appears to be looking at the camera and says are you ready. Or is he just saying it to those around him. Surely he could notice someone has there phone recording it. Then today he says he didn't know he was being filmed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2019-malcolm-blight-says-jack-watts-could-be-the-worst-no-1-pick-ever/news-story/d1ae4648989a81660a8cdd5b4bf14bd3

Wow blighty didn't hold back. But he does make a few good points when talking about players that have gone 31 before him or after him. 

What confuses me about this though before he snorts the stuff he appears to be looking at the camera and says are you ready. Or is he just saying it to those around him. Surely he could notice someone has there phone recording it. Then today he says he didn't know he was being filmed. 

Watching the full video; he knew the Cameras were on....

Leave Jack alone! Australia has bigger problems!

i would rather blame everything bad on the greedy banks, corrupt politicians and crooked property developers and corrupt unions.

i think the fun police should let Jack Watts and others have their chance to blow off steam like the rest of us. He even committed the act in a foreign country so a simple apology to satisfy the bleeding heart liberals should suffice.

Edited by Thehardtackler
  • Like 1
  • Love 1