2019 Fixture

beelzebub

5 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Understood but then again I have always enjoyed the more esoteric discussion of football politics that the lazy summer months encourage.

Go Dees

A starving man needs to eat. I'm not knocking back a kale salad if I'm really really hungry. Wait a sec ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to the fixture as I am going to try and make the bucket list road trip to Alice and the Rock while taking in the big clash.. (remind me what they called it ?)

Now... "The Road to Alice" or similar could make a great summer time thread.

Pro Hart in Broken Hill, bacon and egg sandwiches at renowned road stops... the possibilities are limitless ;)

Edited by Diamond_Jim

3 hours ago, Mr Steve said:

So Collingwood and Melbourne wanted to play in the first game of the season, the AFL release the first round fixture and THEN look at the wish list. 

I wonder if this changed post season with Collingwood's finish?

Travis Auld:

“We want to bolster Friday nights, we want to make sure that Thursday and Fridays are really strong that those feature events are there.”

"We want to reward teams that have been playing really good football...West Coast and Collingwood are the two obvious ones but Melbourne and Essendon look quite exciting after trade period...So we want to feature them in the right spots as often as we can.”

Melbourne and Essendon set to take centre stage

Thursday and Friday nights here we come!!  Hopefully a few are home games at the G as better for our sponsors and members!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Looking forward to the fixture as I am going to try and make the bucket list road trip to Alice and the Rock while taking in the big clash.. (remind me what they called it ?)

Now... "The Road to Alice" or similar could make a great summer time thread.

Pro Hart in Broken Hill, bacon and egg sandwiches at renowned road stops... the possibilities are limitless ;)

Planning on doing my first Alice trip this year too, Jim.

• Like 1

Melbourne AFL app reporting we have a game in Darwin Sat night v Adelaide Jul 1 (the week before QB) and a game in Alice v WC Eagles R18 (Jul21). Hopefully this means we’re not playing them in Perth as well (sorry Ethan and Steve, selfish I know).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wolfgang219 said:

What does the article say?

Main points:

It’s understood the number of interstate trips, short breaks, who they play twice and how many Thursday and Friday night games they get are highlighted in the document.

But the Herald Sun has been told some clubs were unhappy their requests were not met, prompting them to seek late adjustments to the 23-round season.

While there is always some last-minute haggling between clubs and the league over specifics of the fixture, the league has this year been forced to ask for more time.

1 hour ago, In Harmes Way said:

Melbourne AFL app reporting we have a game in Darwin Sat night v Adelaide Jul 1 (the week before QB) and a game in Alice v WC Eagles R18 (Jul21). Hopefully this means we’re not playing them in Perth as well (sorry Ethan and Steve, selfish I know).

Unless M/WC playing twice this was likely to be a MFC home game. WC want to play games at the G so won't be excited by this idea.

On 10/28/2018 at 12:05 AM, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Just hurry up and release the whole bloody draw, I want to start making some travel plans for 2019.

Does anyone know when the AFL are releasing it?

From the experience of past years, the AFL fixture for any year cannot be released until in private conversations, Eddy Maguire has approved that draw. His exacting criteria, not comprehensively included, seems to be:

• first game of the season for the Filth at the MCG
  • at least 14 home games in a season
  • no more than two interstate games in a season
  • we only play the Dees when they are devastated with injuries
  • gate receipts maximisation is configured based on which team we play at home and what crowd that team may draw
  • we are advised - before spending our entertainment funds - on which umpires will be allocated to each match in the pursuit of cordial relations with those umpires prior to the upcoming game over a 'slap dang' lunch as our guests.
  • Haha 1

GIving up these games in the NT is still [censored] me off. It’s always against an SA and WA side who gain more from playing there than we do, other than financially. The support for both sides is always far greater. It also makes it a 50:50 scenario, which would otherwise favour us at The G. When will we drop this ? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

How on earth can a multi-dollar organisation delay its announcement because the feedback was not positive......Ah, sorry, I forgot, we are talking AFL here! Beggars belief.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Angry 1

Just trying to upgrade and renew my membership.

Trying to reset password.  The reset link / email takes 40 min to reach me by which time it has expired.

Tried ringing the club last two days. Over an hour wait time both times.

Ticket master is pure pus

23 minutes ago, Call Me What You Will said:

How on earth can a multi-dollar organisation delay its announcement because the feedback was not positive......Ah, sorry, I forgot, we are talking AFL here! Beggars belief.

Despite what they are saying I believe the AFL are just holding off to create a few more headlines.

I can't see them making any changes to the schedule apart from maybe a few cosmetics.

It gives them another major headline and some great talking points before the release now on Thursday.

Adding some tension to the mix was probably always in the plan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Collar-Jazz-Knee said:

Would be a good result if we can an extended break after the Darwin game!

It will be 8 days when we play QB on Monday 10th June. 

Edited by McQueen
Apple [censored] it