Farewell Jesse Hogan

8 minutes ago, demon191919 said:

Is that a hunch or heard from a source? 

Well for a start Angus has said we need to get him over to the Dees.

We could then get Hamish, who has not played a game in his first year, to leave the Eagles and we could rookie him, saving Dad a flight every second week to see his sons play. Couldn't see the Eagles standing in his way. ATM he appears to be a WAFL player.

• Like 1

Unless Andy Brayshaw kicks up a fuss and demands to leave he isn't leaving. Why do people think this will happen? Freo are [censored] [censored] and he's a young bright light who is contracted. Ross loves him and points to him and Cerra as the future, it's one of the only things protecting him from the [censored] off Freo fans. I'm not going to say it's not happening, but if Brayshaw is in the deal to get Hogan the Freo fans will riot and Ross will be on death row.

1 minute ago, Redleg said:

Well for a start Angus has said we need to get him over to the Dees.

We could then get Hamish, who has not played a game in his first year, to leave the Eagles and we could rookie him, saving Dad a flight every second week to see his sons play. Couldn't see the Eagles standing in his way. ATM he appears to be a WAFL player.

I understand that but it's obviously easy to say it would be great to get him here when Angus is playing for Melbourne. I personally can't see Freo letting go of Neale and Brayshaw in the same year but would be happy if I were wrong. 

I was more interested in whether there is any actual mail on this being a possibility.

16 minutes ago, MurDoc516 said:

Touring facilities doesn't actually mean anything, it's just a way for a club to impress potential targets.

These days I think 'touring the facilities' is code for getting the medical check done. 

12 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Both of you are correct, and I'm certain that other players do tour facilities without it hitting the mainstream media.

It just feels as though Jesse has now crossed a 'boundary' so to speak, and there may not be any coming back from this. 

Yes there's a difference between something under wraps in season and  a post season tour. The exceptions might be at clubs like the Giants now who need to move certain players but might keep some depending on the deals and in situations like with Dusty where there are extenuating circumstances.

2 minutes ago, MurDoc516 said:

Unless Andy Brayshaw kicks up a fuss and demands to leave he isn't leaving. Why do people think this will happen? Freo are [censored] [censored] and he's a young bright light who is contracted. Ross loves him and points to him and Cerra as the future, it's one of the only things protecting him from the [censored] off Freo fans. I'm not going to say it's not happening, but if Brayshaw is in the deal to get Hogan the Freo fans will riot and Ross will be on death row.

Disagree, the arrival of Jesse would be bigger than the departure of Brayshaw. You sell it be saying Jesse wanted to come home, as did Brayshaw and who also wanted to play with his brother, something that would have come up every year, like the Jesse saga.

Keeping 4 or 5 would also soothe the members as there are probably better players than Brayshaw available at that pick.

We would need to trade the pick to Port for 9 and 10 and hope GC would take say 9 and a future pick as well, leaving us say 10 or use the pick and offer GC our first next year and something else as well.

21 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Don't be surprised if Andrew Brayshaw comes into serious discussions. 

Do you rate him, DD?   Most people think Cerra is the much better prospect.  To those people I say  hold that thought -  we all believed Petracca was twice as good as Angus not so long ago.

Just now, Redleg said:

Disagree, the arrival of Jesse would be bigger than the departure of Brayshaw. You sell it be saying Jesse wanted to come home, as did Brayshaw and who also wanted to play with his brother, something that would have come up every year, like the Jesse saga.

Keeping 4 or 5 would also soothe the members as there are probably better players than Brayshaw available at that pick.

We would need to trade the pick to Port for 9 and 10 and hope GC would take say 9 and a future pick as well, leaving us say 10 or use the pick and offer GC our first next year and something else as well.

Mate i literally live in WA and every freo fan is laughing at the suggestion of Brayshaw going.

Just now, Petraccattack said:

Do you rate him, DD?   Most people think Cerra is the much better prospect.  To those people I say  hold that thought -  we all believed Petracca was twice as good as Angus not so long ago.

What is this we business, white man?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Don't be surprised if Andrew Brayshaw comes into serious discussions. 

That has been crossing my mind, too. Especially with Jones in his twilight, uniting the Brayshaw brothers as midfield linchpins for the next 8-10 years might have great appeal.

If that doesn’t happen I’ve switched my thinking now away from the 5 & 9 scenario (Old55 is right - Port not guaranteed of landing Lukosius of Rankine in that scenario by trading up for pick 4) ... to pick 5 and Freo’s 2019 first rounder.  That seems a very fair and reasonable trade to me. Without Hogan Freo’s first round pick would surely be a top 6 pick with their list, but with Hogan in their forward line the onus is on them to back themselves in and finish higher on the ladder, say just outside the eight. That would translate to roughly pick 9 or 10 in next year’s draft.

Leave Port out of it. Demand picks 4 & 5 now and then soften to picks 4 and their first round pick in 2019. That’s the deal we should be looking at if an enquiry into Andy Brayshaw falls flat.

You should always plan with an eye towards the future and the possibility of having two solid first round picks in the 2019 draft, say picks 7 and 16 opens up some nice options for us next year. Either to draft in more young talent or trade some quality in for specific needs.

That sort of draft caché could put us in the frame for a Josh Kelly as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MurDoc516 said:

Mate i literally live in WA and every freo fan is laughing at the suggestion of Brayshaw going.

They may laugh and he still may go. He also might not. It is obviously something that will be raised. I am sure a few scenarios will be raised before the deal is done.

What does literally live in WA mean BTW?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

The kid will be a gun.  Adding him to our midfield mix for the next 10-12 years would be terrific.

Then we add May as well to shore up the backline and we make out like bandits.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

The kid will be a gun.  Adding him to our midfield mix for the next 10-12 years would be terrific.

Then we add May as well to shore up the backline and we make out like bandits.

How does he go in a prelim Final ? We seem to be a bit light on for goers in that space atm