Farewell Jesse Hogan

wizardinoz

9 hours ago, Wolfturdo said:

80% of the people on this thread are full of bull sh*t. Also Dr D, don’t give up your day job. 

80% of people on this thread wanted to keep jack watts. And like I said that was embarassing. I would've got rid of him 5 years earlier. He was clearly never going to make it. We probably wouldve made finals sooner without him. Port will delist him at the end of next season. Some people are so blinded by their deep support that they don't have it in them to talk about a players flaws. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

The seeds are there because people decide they are there.  Clearly the bloke loves being at the club and loves living in Melbourne.  The seeds are planted by those who need something to write about.  Outside of signing another deal, what else does he need to do?

This 'anything is possible' stuff to justify you continuing to waffle on about it is rubbish.  If anything is possible, then why not start a thread on every player leaving because, you know, anything is possible.  It's tripe.

The seeds are there because they are there. You can glibly deny it til the cows come home.

A thread on anyone isn't warranted. Nice deflection. I don't attempt to paint all with one brush as you would.

Edited by beelzebub

On 8/28/2018 at 5:23 PM, Watson11 said:

If the question is for the next 5 years then my list is Gawn, Oliver, Viney, Lever, and Hogan.  They are what clubs build a list around (if we can keep them all fit and on the park).  But the club imo has buolt a list that can still be really, really good if one or more of the above players are injured, as has been the case for 4 of them for large parts of 2017 and 2018

Viney for Brayshaw. Doubts about Viney's foot to the extent you can't plan around it. But then you could mount the same discussion around Brayshaw's scone so what do I know.

I thought I knew what this thread was about but just be certain I went back to the start.

The person who started the thread asked should we trade Hogan.

it was not Hogan wants to go to Freo.

or the FD don't want him as well as numerous other side distractions of people bagging each other.

The thread is legitimate it asks a question to which most people have given their view.

To say that the thread should be shut because you don't agree or that Hogan has said he loves the place and wants to be at the Dees when we lift the cup is IMO ridiculous .

There are numerous threads on Demonland, some of which I have no interest in or I think are silly. I don't go onto them demanding they be shut.

There is a simple solution if you don't like a thread don't go on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, old dee said:

I thought I knew what this thread was about but just be certain I went back to the start.

or the FD don't want him as well as numerous other side distractions of people bagging each other.

The thread is legitimate it asks a question to which most people have given their view.

To say that the thread should be shut because you don't agree or that Hogan has said he loves the place and wants to be at the Dees when we lift the cup is IMO ridiculous .

There are numerous threads on Demonland, some of which I have no interest in or I think are silly. I don't go onto them demanding they be shut.

Equally, if you don’t want it intimated that your ideas are idiotic and stilted - don’t share them in a thread.

13 hours ago, Redleg said:

According to Jon Ralph who spoke to Jesse’s Manager, he is going nowhere. Loves the club and players, just got his licence and happier than he has ever been in Melbourne.

Think we can put speculation to bed .

I am in two minds. If he wanted out, trade him, if not let’s get the lad right. With weeds bobbing his head up it will allow hogan to be, ready for it , a high crumbing forward who can also smash through opposition. 

Unless freo offer

pick5

brayshaw

fyfe

and a yacht 

then let’s not even worry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dirts said:

I am in two minds. If he wanted out, trade him, if not let’s get the lad right. With weeds bobbing his head up it will allow hogan to be, ready for it , a high crumbing forward who can also smash through opposition. 

Unless freo offer

pick5

brayshaw

fyfe

and a yacht 

then let’s not even worry.

And the little creatures brewing company 

• Haha 1

Why trade Hogan unless he wants to go back? If the Weid continues his growth there is a good chance that Hogan plays CHB next year. Didn't Neitz used to play CHB before being moved to the forward line? Nothing stopping us from trying, could lead to a few premierships. Plus I think we would have one of the best teams in the comp.

my there are some pompous among us.

close all threads then

What comical arrogance

Careful wearing those Emperor's  clothes there .... ;)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, old dee said:

Actually the original post declared that we should trade him for 2 first rounders.

But the thread shouldn’t be closed just because it’s a stupid thread. It should be left open as a shrine to the dim wittery of many football supporters. Trading the best young key forward in the game for draft picks when we are about to push towards a flag ..... that is just stupid.

Free speech allows you to say many things. But once your view is out there then it can be derided by anyone. Trading Hogan for draft picks is an opinion worthy of derision.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, No10 said:

I’m sure this has been mentioned...

I went to check those amazing Clarry stats were accurate (they were) and found this. I thought it incredibly surprising:

482696D2-BF14-48AE-9AC7-3DFAA8576A93.jpeg

Am I alone in being shocked Jesse clocked the fastest speed in the entire AFL?

I must be late to this revelation.

Never trade Hogan.

• Love 2

15 minutes ago, Axis of Bob said:

Actually the original post declared that we should trade him for 2 first rounders.

But the thread shouldn’t be closed just because it’s a stupid thread. It should be left open as a shrine to the dim wittery of many football supporters. Trading the best young key forward in the game for draft picks when we are about to push towards a flag ..... that is just stupid.

Free speech allows you to say many things. But once your view is out there then it can be derided by anyone. Trading Hogan for draft picks is an opinion worthy of derision.

Bob, you ignore using those draft picks to secure stars at other clubs. Hogan for picks, picks for Kelly & Lynch?

Before Hogan was injured he took 24 contested marks and McDonald took 28.

Since Hogan has been out of the team, McDonald hasn’t taken any, while Weideman has taken 6.

It’s funny what happens when you have to play on the number 1 key defender each week.

• Like 15
  • Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, No10 said:

Am I alone in being shocked Jesse clocked the fastest speed in the entire AFL?

I must be late to this revelation.

Never trade Hogan.

I thought he was in our top 3, not fastest in the afl.  But either way he is super quick and unique in the afl being 100kg, good one on one, good skills (very few changers).  I’ll say it again that we don’t use his speed yet.   The number of times he has 5m on his direct opponent and we kick long was embarrassing for most of this year.  Probably leads to his frustration at times that he needs to work on.  I wouldn’t trade him even for Cerra and 2 first round picks unless he wants to go. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Axis of Bob said:

Since Hogan has been out of the team, McDonald hasn’t taken any, while Weideman has taken 6.

It’s funny what happens when you have to play on the number 1 key defender each week.

That is true but we have also been good at lowering the eyes for the last 2 weeks.  If we had done that all season we would have finished top of the ladder.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Axis of Bob said:

And since Hogan has been out, we have beaten two top 8 sides. And McDonald has still snagged two lots of 3 and continues to play well against sides that matter.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, rpfc said:

Equally, if you don’t want it intimated that your ideas are idiotic and stilted - don’t share them in a thread.

Exactly but  should they just never have a conversation with another fanatic?

12 minutes ago, ManDee said:

Bob, you ignore using those draft picks to secure stars at other clubs. Hogan for picks, picks for Kelly & Lynch?

Are you saying that Hogan = Kelly + Lynch?

We spent 2 first round picks on Lever, and he was uncontracted. You’d have to spend more than that on Kelly alone. Plus Lynch is RFA, so draft picks aren’t important.

If we got pick 5 and Cerra for Hogan, we’d give them straight to GWS for Kelly. Then we have give Lynch a vault of cash .... which we can’t afford after paying Kelly who got that to re-sign with GWS on a long term deal.

You haven’t thought this through.

Edited by Axis of Bob

52 minutes ago, rpfc said:

rpfc, it is harder to feel superior amongst equals, thank god for idiots.

Threads get closed if they’re spurious, damaging or otherwise against the rules.

There’s nothing against the code of conduct in this thread. People have the right to share their ideas, even if the rest of us think they are completely inane and illogical. 

• Like 3