Essendon VFL v Casey Demons - VFL Round 13

WERRIDEE

24 minutes ago, wizardinoz said:

Baker has the worst haircut in the VFL

You clearly didn't see the previous one he was rocking. This latest one's a work of art compared to it. And this is the first time that I've seen his head in the game for the entire game. Exciting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

Good hard fought win

STRETCH - Prolific but done nothing to suggest he can take the next step

KENT - Poor really rusty.

FROST - Really good game.

PEDERSEN - Serviceable game, took a few good marks.

VINCE - Fantastic game, too good for VFL level.

KENNEDY HARRIS - No real impact.

BALIC - In and out of the game.

BUGG - No real impact as well.

BAKER - BOG must be close to AFL selection.

KING - Still developing took a nice mark and kicked a nice goal.

GARLETT - Poor really struggling at VFL level.

JOHNSTONE - Done some good things developing nicely as a backman.

T.SMITH - Started like a house on fire, but died out of the game late.

KEILTY - Mr. Dependable the best backman on the ground.

FILIPOVIC - No real impact. 

Agree with most but would offer this

Oskar Baker looks ready but where does he play, deserves a game with recent very good form and excellent game today.Reminds me a bit of Cameron Ling the way he plays

Sam Frost is too good for this level hardly made a mistake and unless Petty is one out of the box He also deserves a game . He was top notch today

Bernie was irrepressible as he was impassable also too good

Stretch started very well faded a bit at the end but again was consistent. Still not convinced though but he has definitely improved.

Jeffy some good pressure acts classy goal but this standard does not suit him I believe. Not sure he would ever dominate a game.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, old dee said:

Twice in the last Kent had the chance to seal the game one did not make the distance and the other was almost out on the full. Poor kicking from a senior player.

He actually turned the ball over with nearly every possession. He had the chance to ice the game from 30, late in the last quarter and missed everything. Oob on the full and another turnover.

I thought he was terrible and a mile off the seniors.

Yes I know he is coming back from injury, but if that is his disposal, goodnight.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Gee some tough comments here, I thought him quite serviceable and will be better for the run!

I didn't think he was that bad either Picket. The shot on an angle was poor but he looked dangerous on occasions albeit short of a gallop.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SFebey said:

Harsh on Baker re disposal, conditions were rubbish and nobody stood out re foot skills. 

it's more the fact all of his kicks are so loopy and cause contests rather then nice flat passes, he will never make it at afl level unless he can learn to kick flat

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elegt said:

it's more the fact all of his kicks are so loopy and cause contests rather then nice flat passes, he will never make it at afl level unless he can learn to kick flat

Jack Viney!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Elegt said:

I didn't see today's game but those loopy kicks where what stood out to me when I watched his draft highlights package

43 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Looks just a little less like Ben Brown now .... just a little

You obviously didn’t see Melksham last week

Spot-on 'mnclr',  it was a disgrace last week.  Melky was ripped off throughout the game.

37 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

Good hard fought win

STRETCH - Prolific but done nothing to suggest he can take the next step

KENT - Poor really rusty.

FROST - Really good game.

PEDERSEN - Serviceable game, took a few good marks.

VINCE - Fantastic game, too good for VFL level.

KENNEDY HARRIS - No real impact.

BALIC - In and out of the game.

BUGG - No real impact as well.

BAKER - BOG must be close to AFL selection.

KING - Still developing took a nice mark and kicked a nice goal.

GARLETT - Poor really struggling at VFL level.

JOHNSTONE - Done some good things developing nicely as a backman.

T.SMITH - Started like a house on fire, but died out of the game late.

KEILTY - Mr. Dependable the best backman on the ground.

FILIPOVIC - No real impact. 

I wonder if TSmith could do with more fitness.   Might be good to see him working more with Daniel Cross ?

Dion Johnstone.   I wonder if Jeffy has been having any effect on Dion's development, over the past 10 months or so?

It seems ever since Jeffy won our trust this time last year;,,, and our written accolades, he has gone downhill.

And I'm wondering IF Dion has followed him in that same time-frame, effecting his footy?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Agree with most but would offer this

Oskar Baker looks ready but where does he play, deserves a game with recent very good form and excellent game today.Reminds me a bit of Cameron Ling the way he plays.

Lmao.. Plays absolutely nothing like Cameron Ling. If he didn’t have red hair you would have never made that comparison. 

• Like 12

46 minutes ago, davo said:

Bernie will be back next week 

I liked his run and dash from half back.

44 minutes ago, Elegt said:

bakers footskills are poor and very loopy, had a solid game but frost Vince and keilty were all better 

Not just his footskills Elegt,  I think his ball skills generally need tidying up, at brief look today.

8 minutes ago, DV8 said:

Spot-on 'mnclr',  it was a disgrace last week.  Melky was ripped off throughout the game.

I wonder if TSmith could do with more fitness.   Might be good to see him working more with Daniel Cross ?

Dion Johnstone.   I wonder if Jeffy has been having any effect on Dion's development, over the past 10 months or so?

It seems ever since Jeffy won our trust this time last year;,,, and our written accolades, he has gone downhill.

And I'm wondering IF Dion has followed him in that same time-frame, effecting his footy?

Que?, Jeff Garlett just lost form at the wrong time, he is doing his role at VFL level, obviously not well enough to be banging the door down to get back into the AFL side

Dion was treading water in the forward half, club moved him back, with Nev Jetta tutoring, now enjoying his footy as you can see

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 8

41 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

I hope he gets to 100 Melb games. 

Not only hope I'm certain he will have great little footy kids.  He has to get the 100 in RednBlue.

I think he'll freshen up well, and If he plays like today he'll be handy in September.  He looked fresher, younger the way he moved.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, D4Life said:

Rucks got slaughtered, so a pretty good effort to get the win.

Vince stood out.

Stretch is getting better.

Frost pretty strong.

Not a lot of speed in the team.

Balic injured or just slow?

balic looks like a slow version of Pederson, surprised me really as in his draft year he was touted as a first round prospect, I think he needs to lose a few kilos and word on those fast twitch fibres 

I watched the 1st half today and thought Jeffry played his role. A lot of pressure acts and tackles, some leading to goals plus one classy, classic Jeffry goal himself.

wasnt disappointing for me.

There is definite things to like about Keilty, Balic, Stretch, Frost at this level. Baker promising.

if we need changes next week I’d be happy with Vince.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miracle said:

I watch Casey each week. Unless there are a lot of injuries Gartlett is finished. JKH was consistently beaten one on one all day. 

On the bright side Baker gets better each week. Spoke to him at Willy and he spoke a lot of sense. 

Also I have been harsh on Frost but the last two weeks has been very good. Dion is also improving  

Lets hope nothing happens to Gawn because Casey ruchmen are three years away. 

Try never!

1 hour ago, chook fowler said:

Kent looks a long way off. Very slow

First game back after a longish layoff into a game played in wet and wind.   Certainly didn’t push his case for the selectors but wouldn’t mark his papers quite yet. 

1 hour ago, SFebey said:

Harsh on Baker re disposal, conditions were rubbish and nobody stood out re foot skills. 

57 minutes ago, Elegt said:

Loopy delivery into F 50 seems to be the MFC KPI ?

41 minutes ago, juzzk1d said:

Lmao.. Plays absolutely nothing like Cameron Ling. If he didn’t have red hair you would have never made that comparison. 

Baker is about as opposite a player as you could find to Ling.

I think @picket fence has been drinking again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1