Demons on Masterchef (16/5/18)

hardtack

At least parts of it were filmed during the cricket season. Covers on the pitch area can be seen.

Marketing is a complex thing. Master Chef may or may not result in memberships or larger viewing audiences. But national exposure and a linking to the "Melbourne" brand can only be a positive. And it only cost a free feed in the off season for the team and a day or 2 of our co-captain's time.

2 hours ago, beelzebub said:

You've got me

You'll have to spell this one out Ethan.

Am terribly sorry it's gone through to the keeper mate ;)

At the end of a good speech always drop the mic and walk away like a boss. For bonus points you can throw in an air jerk as well. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Obmik said:

Love this!

Loved the 69 point smashing of Gold Coast last weekend. Wish I was there at the ground to witness it in the flesh. Looking forward to an even bigger smashing of the woebegone and hapless opponents this weekend. 

Edited by Obmik

5 hours ago, Rocky said:

you wouldn't be the CEO of a major company/a Liberal party member would you by chance?..

I'm CEO at White Male Pay Gap Engineering.

We're a small but powerful organisation who believe strongly in inequality and unfairness.

We're now hiring as it happens.  

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Ethan now you'll have to explain 'air jerk' to bub

I'm sure it's self explanatory. But are you perchance an expert ?

15 hours ago, jackaub said:

And the relationship to the performance of the club is described? Showing up on crap like masterbeef does nothing for the club and will not translate to memberships so why do it. You have presumed to have some idea about my view of the club.You obviously have no idea and are presuming a lot

Just as easily I could draw all sorts ofwrong conclusions about a person who amongst 910000 other people get something from a show like  masterbeef. Anyway mate enjoy your reality tv.

I don't actually watch Masterchef and I don't like a lot of reality TV.

But that's not the point. Nor is it the point that jackaub and Rocky thinks it's "crap". The point is that nearly a million people don't think it's "crap".

The Masterchef episode was filmed off-season, and it's a comparatively small effort on the club's and the player's part to get massive exposure on prime time television. It shows there's more to the club than just playing football, and there's a lot of great footage of our magnificent home ground.

I have presumed your view of the club from the massive number of critical posts you make. Maybe you could prove me wrong by being more positive more often as we rise up the ladder. I understand that might be hard.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

@Deemented Are Go! - does your ex-missus happen to be Maggie Beer?

Oh good god, no. Although I’ve met her plenty of times. She had an unhealthy obsession with verjuice. Like, she bathes in it. 

• Like 2

Just watched it on catch up and thought it was great exposure for the club. Especially liked the copious references to our team as being elite athletes at the top of their game. Well done to all involved.

• Like 1

We’re also going to be special guests on the Block. Building a brick barbecue for a military base. 

Oh, nope, just been cancelled. 

I’ll see myself out. 

1 hour ago, Robot Devil said:

Where’s the vomit emoji?

?

Oh good.... there it is. 

Just picture her relaxing in the verjuice bath, eyes closed, her flappy bingo wings gently bobbing around with the movement of the hot tub.... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

You're a [censored] sicko Deemented.

Strange praise 

• 1 year later...

Just thought I'd pose the question. As footy doesn't seem to be Melbourne's go, can we get a trio of players to replace the Masterchef team and who would you choose ?

I think Salem would be a walk up start and perhaps Petracca for some delicious Italian fare.

Who else ??

6 hours ago, pineapple dee said:

Just thought I'd pose the question. As footy doesn't seem to be Melbourne's go, can we get a trio of players to replace the Masterchef team and who would you choose ?

I think Salem would be a walk up start and perhaps Petracca for some delicious Italian fare.

Who else ??

Owner of The Bearded Jaffle

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.