Jake Stringer

Watts the matter

23 minutes ago, Vogon Poetry said:

It's instructive if they got it from Jake. 

sounds like you are good at starting rumours by innuendo

i can think of heaps of ways how they could have got the number and none are instructive

Edited by daisycutter

16 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

What Stringer allegedly did to his wife was appalling, but how does that make him a 'proper lost cause?' 

Like any other person, a player is going to respond differently in a new environment with new players and staff around him. He's a young guy who made a huge mistake and will no doubt regret it for a long time. I'd be happy to cut him some slack and see how he goes in a new environment. 

When you constantly think with an organ a metre below your brain, it doesn't matter what club you play for.

Wouldn't touch him with a 3-metre pole.

Oh my. Stringer cheated on his partner. We can't have any such vulgar immorality associated with our esteemed Melbourne Football Club. Indeed, we need to weed out any suspected philanderers from our current roster, as this wanton hanky-panky is clearly the reason for our poor first-quarter performances. 

6 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Oh my. Stringer cheated on his partner. We can't have any such vulgar immorality associated with our esteemed Melbourne Football Club. Indeed, we need to weed out any suspected philanderers from our current roster, as this wanton hanky-panky is clearly the reason for our poor first-quarter performances. 

The gambling problem is the issue here, Skuit.  As a supporter I couldn't care less about a players sex life or other issues related to it.

A lot of time and resources will have to go into keeping him on the straight and narrow for his gambling addiction, and Im sure the MFC and most other clubs will not touch him.

1 hour ago, Skuit said:

So 17 year old school girls are fair game?? Nar think about it Partner and two babies already and now this 

Nup Not on! EVER!

30 minutes ago, picket fence said:

So 17 year old school girls are fair game?? Nar think about it Partner and two babies already and now this 

Nup Not on! EVER!

What if she was a 17 year old business-woman? Get the patronising licentious 'school-girl' business out of the equation and she was 17 and he 22. Indeed, they may have attended the same school at some stage and could be long-term friends. Regardless, the law dictates that their relationship was entirely legal, and the morality of it features some pretty slippery and subjective boundaries. As for his marital status, we have no idea of the ins and outs of someone else's relationship. 

Above all, wtf has any of it got to do with kicking goals? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Skuit said:

What if she was a 17 year old business-woman? Get the patronising licentious 'school-girl' business out of the equation and she was 17 and he 22. Indeed, they may have attended the same school at some stage and could be long-term friends. Regardless, the law dictates that their relationship was entirely legal, and the morality of it features some pretty slippery and subjective boundaries. As for his marital status, we have no idea of the ins and outs of someone else's relationship. 

Plenty, if you go by his form this year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dees189227 said:

Remember stringer according to the article also seems to have a gambling issue. We have been through that with ox. 

Also u are wondering why girls are sending photos to the ex. Its to boast and rub it in that not only did they sleep with a footy player but also her husband.  

Unfortunately social media can be very unkind 

IMO social media is a serious misnomer for anti-social media. 

1 hour ago, Skuit said:

If he continued to kick goals, probably little impact; but the data from 2017 v 2015-16 suggest otherwise. 

• Like 1

On 09/19/2017 at 3:28 PM, Redleg said:

Hawks have ruled out any interest.

Not the brightest tool in the shed, or most articulate.

When referring to what might happen in the next few weeks he said " the past three weeks will let us know more".

I take back what I previously said Redleg.

This is also my apology to you.

Just now, Vogon Poetry said:

Okay. But she said this

"The text from the schoolgirl said she was having sex with Stringer"

It may very well have been a text message. She may have got the number from his phone. But if I were a betting man, no pun intended, I would bet that it was via a social media account.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ignition. said:

It may very well have been a text message. She may have got the number from his phone. But if I were a betting man, no pun intended, I would bet that it was via a social media account.

She also said

"Gilmore later called her only to discover he had been visiting"

How did she get the number? Something really stinks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vogon Poetry said:

She also said

"Gilmore later called her only to discover he had been visiting"

How did she get the number? Something really stinks. 

Yeah well if that's the case the former is correct and it wasn't via social media.

I'm only guessing but maybe straight from his phone while he was out the room. Other than that, no idea.

On 30 September 2017 at 6:46 AM, DaveyDee said:

Fantastic opportunity for the club that lands Stringer to help him rebuild his life - clearly the Dogs dont have the support structure needed. Nobody yet has stated what crime he has committed or what he did wrong apart from let his personal life effect his professional life. Had his form not dropped at the Doggies all the bulldust would have blow over. 

Sure the noisy right wing conservative do-gooders will have their say - but its 2017 not 1964. 

"Grand sale! Grand sale! Grand sale! ...."

(Actually, Franco Cozzo is a great bloke. Don't think even he could sell a Stringer though.)

11 hours ago, Vogon Poetry said:

How did they get her number?  

"Hey, wanna send a pic of me to my wife?"

"Pretty weird, but OK"

Seriously, why is he letting her take a nude photo?

Edited by Akum