THE BOMBERS' DOPING SAGA - THE FAT LADY SINGS

Whispering_Jack

43 minutes ago, pineapple dee said:

I realise now that my support for Collingwood was un ethical, un conscionable and  un acceptable. I withdraw it and apologise to all.

it is absolutely understandable to want the Pies to win.

I will cheer for anyone thats playing against Essendrug.

• Like 3

Bomber Thompson complaining that it ruined his life:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mark-thompson-says-the-essendon-supplement-scandal-will-probably-end-up-killing-him-20170420-gvogq5.html

This is the bit that interests me:

"I know what happened. I know that there was things that were added to the report, things were taken out of the report not to be seen."

According to him, we are still blind to some of the events. The conflicted nature of the bodies involved compromised the contents of 'the report' (I assume this is the initial ASADA report?).

He later implies the whole thing is the AFL's fault for not enforcing WADA's rules when Dank was at Gold Coast. His theory is that if they had, then Essendon wouldn't have hired him and none of this would have happened. I don't buy it. Essendon knew who they were in bed with IMHO. They are not the victims.

• Like 4

I read that report and with my limited command of Q's English it looked to have been maybe, possibly,slightly, minutely altered but i'm no QC.

16 minutes ago, Choke said:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mark-thompson-says-the-essendon-supplement-scandal-will-probably-end-up-killing-him-20170420-gvogq5.html

"I know what happened. I know that there was things that were added to the report, things were taken out of the report not to be seen."

According to him, we are still blind to some of the events. The conflicted nature of the bodies involved compromised the contents of 'the report' (I assume this is the initial ASADA report?).

He later implies the whole thing is the AFL's fault for not enforcing WADA's rules when Dank was at Gold Coast. His theory is that if they had, then Essendon wouldn't have hired him and none of this would have happened. I don't buy it. Essendon knew who they were in bed with IMHO. They are not the victims.

Didnt the weapon and Dank work at the Cats while Bomber was the senior coach?

He would know them better than anyone. Zero sympathy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Petraccattack said:

Didnt the weapon and Dank work at the Cats while Bomber was the senior coach?

He would know them better than anyone. Zero sympathy.

I completely agree.

It's the 'adding and removing' things from the 'report' (whichever that may be) that interests me in that article.

We'll never know the full story and the full extent of who was complicit (and conflicted) in what action.

The whole thing is dirty.

Still no club-wide punishment for the doping. Only governance failures. WTF.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Choke said:

I completely agree.

It's the 'adding and removing' things from the 'report' (whichever that may be) that interests me in that article.

We'll never know the full story and the full extent of who was complicit (and conflicted) in what action.

The whole thing is dirty.

Still no club-wide punishment for the doping. Only governance failures. WTF.

Maybe Thompson also knows where the records and reciepts are hidden if he "knows" what really happened. 

Tell all Bomba...

get it off ya chest 

It's just amazing, Dank, Hird, Thompson and others all know the truth and want it out but just can't seem to articulate it. It must be a terrible burden the verbal paralysis holding it all in against their will.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Maybe Thompson also knows where the records and reciepts are hidden if he "knows" what really happened. 

Tell all Bomba...

get it off ya chest 

Yeah, after reading that...he knows more.

How could the Essendon football department be adamant no prohibited substances were given to players, when there are no records and they can't say what they were given.

"Thompson never understood why Essendon self-reported on that fateful February day in 2013 because the key figures in the football department were adamant no prohibited substances were given to their players."

• Like 2

Thompson must know a lot what has happened at his club and at other clubs as well. Same as Dank, Hird etc. A lot of this has to do with being caught whilst others have gotten away with it. They are mightily [censored] off that they may be the scapegoated and made examples of. Problem is they can't say more without incriminating themselves and perhaps other clubs (Geelong, GC?) and paying a much higher price be it admitting a crime, being sued and further trashing their dodgy reputations. Thompson also has a couple of flags to protect.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

it is absolutely understandable to want the Pies to win.

I will cheer for anyone thats playing against Essendrug.

How about ... under certain circumstances. The Pies to win, with each of their 22 belting an EFC player and copping 6 weeks.

3 hours ago, Dante said:

How could the Essendon football department be adamant no prohibited substances were given to players, when there are no records and they can't say what they were given.

"Thompson never understood why Essendon self-reported on that fateful February day in 2013 because the key figures in the football department were adamant no prohibited substances were given to their players."

Double negative.

Fixed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, america de cali said:

It's just amazing, Dank, Hird, Thompson and others all know the truth and want it out but just can't seem to articulate it. It must be a terrible burden the verbal paralysis holding it all in against their will.

God. it must burn Hird up. Knowing that they'll all be in a very good place when the truth comes out.

I suppose it's the AFL, Demetriou, McLachlan, ASADA, WADA, CAS, Fed police, ALP, Worksafe, and the boy scouts all colluding to prevent it. Can't be any other explanation.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Choke said:

Classic logic error. "If the police had been on the ball they would have put in place better security and I wouldn't have been able to rob that bank."

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

God. it must burn Hird up. Knowing that they'll all be in a very good place when the truth comes out.

I suppose it's the AFL, Demetriou, McLachlan, ASADA, WADA, CAS, Fed police, ALP, Worksafe, and the boy scouts all colluding to prevent it. Can't be any other explanation.

Don't forget "swiss family Robinson"

• Like 1

Hope the pies smash  the  cheating  swine. They deserve zero  sympathy.  

7 hours ago, Ted Fidge said:

Jack Watts?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Choke said:

That's all based on the assumption that he did anything illegal at the Gold Coast, given he was also involved at the cats I think bomber knew all he needed to know. 

If you have some evidence bomber please come forwards otherwise stfu

• Like 2

Bomber, like many involved has his version of events at Essendon.

Im sure he has his own version too of his time in and arround Geelong:rolleyes:

Me thinks Mr Thompson talks a lot of shlt.

• Like 2

Yeah, I too find it hard to believe all these people who claim innocence and blame others yet don't reveal the records or any other info that might clear them. Dank, the Weapon, Bomber, Hird, the players etc. Can't have it both ways.

BOMBER, IF YOU ARE INNOCENT THEN SHOW US WHAT YOU'VE GOT, ALL OF IT, OTHERWISE CRAWL BACK INTO YOUR HOLE AND SHUT UP!

• Like 7