MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION - Round 13

Demonland

27 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

We are definitely too tall on paper. If the weather prediction is right Dawes and Oscar should both come out.

Too tall for an Olympic-sized swimming pool? Never fear - Paul has more experience at the ground than the other bloke. :roos:

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Hmmmm....not sure about Oscar. Was very composed on Monday and did many good things....

He did but I thought Frost did as well. The dropping of one maybe even two talls (which most likely won't happen) would only be for this Sunday's game where we could get as much as 4 inches of rain. 

37 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Have a great day! You'll hear me cheering from back here, BA...

Cheers Jumbo, been looking forward to this all year. This will be my first game for the year, was actually planning on flying down for QB but we were short staffed at work for various reasons and couldn't get away.

Sydney are gettable this weekend.

• Like 2

We overused the ball a bit last week and it is a part of the game plan to free up someone on the outside. It will come unstuck in wet conditions as Casey found out. We will need to adjust...Sydney are also guilty of flicking it around a bit in close so it will be an interesting game.

• Like 2

Tom Mac definitely starts on Franklin as he has consistently kept him quiet when played on. 

Id have a double team play on/off him all night like Macdonald/Jetta. Tall to spoil and Jetta to help then run off him.

Backs have to be smart and not have 6 players all go for the panic spoil. Smarts to know when to run off there man to help if Macdonald need and good communication with other backs.

Somehow this might be easier said than done though we are getting better with this and probably shows how good our midfield is as they cover lot of ground helping(carry atm) out our defence.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Hard to see a win here but the wet weather could turn it into a low scoring lottery.

For those who can remember it might be like the game in the West all those years ago where Vardy won it for us on what I think was almost the last kick of the day.

My favourite game I've ever attended (and probably last time I saw a win at Subi oval). Vardy and Robbo smashed it!

1 hour ago, Maldonboy38 said:

Do we have any genuine mud runners, those who excel in wet, slippery or muddy conditions? 

For me it's more about "smarts" than "skill". We need to keep it simple, in wet conditions marks are readily dropped, we need to position ourselves around contests accordingly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

Hope we can take out a top team at least once this year.

Kids have bought zz top beards to like gawn

56 minutes ago, rjay said:

GWS...

Doesn't count. GWS lost to Melbourne.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Hard to see a win here but the wet weather could turn it into a low scoring lottery.

For those who can remember it might be like the game in the West all those years ago where Vardy won it for us on what I think was almost the last kick of the day.

I thought we won by 5 goals that day against Freo? Think we kicked 6.7 to 0.0 in the last. The last kick win was against the Crows a few years before (maybe 2001) when Ox tapped it down to Chell and he goaled with 3 seconds left.

• Like 1

Grimes is the only one of those three I'm interested in seeing this week but I'm also not that interested in dropping/resting Hunt, Trengove, Oliver or Kennedy, so I think I'd rather see no change.

I'd be surprised, though, if we really didn't change anyone off a 6 day break into a wet game interstate against a top 4 side.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DemonLad5 said:

I would have dropped Stretch for Grimes

Stretch is playing career best footy and building nicely. There are others I'd have out before him, particularly a tall or two. 

Grimes will come in and I think there's a chance that either Trengove or Oliver will be rested.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

I thought we won by 5 goals that day against Freo? Think we kicked 6.7 to 0.0 in the last. The last kick win was against the Crows a few years before (maybe 2001) when Ox tapped it down to Chell and he goaled with 3 seconds left.

You are right... just checked the stats......... we won by 30 odd points after being two goals down at 3/4 time.

Freo did not score in the last quarter !!

round 11 2004

Time to make some new stories perhaps

5 minutes ago, martin said:

Dawes surely can't play.

Dawes changes the whole dynanic of how we play.

As long as he keeps doing the 1% he'll always be one of the few the first named. He brings more than people actually think, his teammates certainly walk a lot taller with him about which is a bonus with a young side  

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, thesleepinggiant said:

Dawes changes the whole dynanic of how we play.

As long as he keeps doing the 1% he'll always be one of the few the first named. He brings more than people actually think, his teammates certainly walk a lot taller with him about which is a bonus with a young side  

39 minutes ago, martin said:

Dawes surely can't play.

Dawes' work rate is sensational and always makes a contest. No chance he gets chopped

• Like 3