My 3 word player analysis V Richmond

joeboy

6 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

It happens every game, just not sure why you've highlighted Bugg doing it to Riewoldt.  

The last time I saw opposition getting into an injured player was when Nick Reiwoldt did his shoulder. 

I'm with Clint - poor form. I have no problem Bugg being a pest but pushing a hobbling player going into the arms of trainers is just not on.

Got a fine and deserved it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I love being proven wrong when players come out and show the talent that they have. 

I can never understand why people get so boorish about being either right or wrong.  We're all amateurs at this, we see players in brief compared to the professionals who see them continuously.  And the professionals get it wrong regularly.  It's not an exact science.

This year alone I've been totally wrong on Hunt and Wagner. Who cares, I don't.  What is frustrating is those that try to continuously shout down others opinions and also the way some almost show a vindictiveness about a players shortcomings.  The expression "he's a spud" fits comfortably into this category.

Like you Dazzle I couldn't see Hunt making it and thought he'd be a liability in defence.  Thought the same with Wagner.  I was wrong but who cares?  I don't.

I do feel for Grimes and Garland too because the success of these two consign the two G's to support roles.  Very sad for two guys who were so loyal during the inept years of our club and it must hurt so much that they are not now part of the resurgence.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

There were two trainers there to assist Riewoldt, it wasn't as if he just had a bit of a limp.  It's very rare that this happens.

Reiwoldt was being a pratt throughout the game...

It was a mild annoyance and he was hobbling off under his own steam, I don't have a problem with it 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Baghdad Bob said:

I can never understand why people get so boorish about being either right or wrong.  We're all amateurs at this, we see players in brief compared to the professionals who see them continuously.  And the professionals get it wrong regularly.  It's not an exact science.

This year alone I've been totally wrong on Hunt and Wagner. Who cares, I don't.  What is frustrating is those that try to continuously shout down others opinions and also the way some almost show a vindictiveness about a players shortcomings.  The expression "he's a spud" fits comfortably into this category.

Like you Dazzle I couldn't see Hunt making it and thought he'd be a liability in defence.  Thought the same with Wagner.  I was wrong but who cares?  I don't.

I do feel for Grimes and Garland too because the success of these two consign the two G's to support roles.  Very sad for two guys who were so loyal during the inept years of our club and it must hurt so much that they are not now part of the resurgence.  

I have some sympathy for them as well as by all reports they are ripping blokes. But maybe thats why we were so inept that we had them as key players for us...

Just now, jnrmac said:

I have some sympathy for them as well as by all reports they are ripping blokes. But maybe thats why we were so inept that we had them as key players for us...

If we'd had better they may not have played at all as you say.  If they had been part of a good team they may have developed into much better players. 

Tom Rockliff commented last week on the negative impact it had on him being captain of Brisbane last year.  The impact on Grimes and Trengove would have been profound and Garland as a senior player over that period would also have been seriously effected.  Chicken and egg.  Grimes particularly was fantastic early under Bailey.

11 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Reiwoldt was being a pratt throughout the game...

It was a mild annoyance and he was hobbling off under his own steam, I don't have a problem with it 

Yup Reiwoldt was a pratt and a pillock all night - however, you pick your time and your place. He was hobbling and in the hands of the trainer. Not tough at all and I have a huge problem with it. On the field, push and shove, be lippy as you like but when a player is injured and in the hands of the trainer it is a step too far. It was roundly denounced when Nick Reiwoldt was targeted and rightly so. Bugg was also denounced for his actions and was also denounced.  

( as to the mild annoyance - when a player is injured you have no idea what is wrong with them. Leave them alone. If they come back on then they are fair game. If they play injured then they are fair game but to target an injured player in the hands of the trainer - nope)

10 hours ago, Baghdad Bob said:

Should have got more to send a message.  It's not tough to do it it's actually cowardly to go an injured player.  

I don't want my Club condoning such things.

.... and it seems that they don't condone it Baghdad.  On 360 tonight Robbo said that his mail is that the Club were unhappy with the action.  My guess is that they may have been behind the Bugg apology.  Good on them if that's the case.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Baghdad Bob said:

A good point. Footy is a brutal sport ....and its easy to get left behind. Unfortunately theres no soft way to do it. They gave us a lot in dark years but unless they both get a handle on their weaknesses their depth now. Ultimately I  barrack for the team and not a player but I wish them well. 

• Like 2

It is very heartening to see that our players will not be bullied by opponents and are ready to give back or even initiate some aggression. But like everything there is a balance and I hope that it does not spill over into unnecessary aggro or what in the old days we called "dirty play" which also results in fines, suspensions or even tipping the balance of a game the wrong way. I want to see a Jack Viney out there giving it to them by his sheer dominance and not sidelined by suspension.Sure I want to a hard edge but I much prefer to see our boys punish the opposition on the scoreboard.