Channel 7, Seriously?

Giles

15 minutes ago, Maple Demon said:

Secondly, Channel 7 won't have to fork out all the cash associated with running two different telecasts. As a national network, it has to make the best financial decisions on a national scale.

Exactly, but when it all comes down to it Channel 7 couldn't give a rats ass about what the supporters want all they care about is making more money. And that is there job so fair enough i dont have a problem with a broadcaster who's main purpose is to make money prioritising that. It's the AFL's responsibility (who rely on fans for success) to look out for their fans and right now they dont do a very good job when it comes to broadcast/streaming rights. They say they have negotiations but clearly the AFL does nothing but sit and listen to Channels 7, 9 and 10 all say they want to broadcast and regardless of their plans the AFL sits there with glazed over eyes signing "Money money money" in their heads.

... I feel i went on a bit of an unintentional rant just there but the point is don't blame channel 7, blame the AFL they should never have given broadcasters so much power

Edited by ArtificialWisdom
wow all the bad english
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ManDee said:

No extra cash involved, cameras commentators everything is done, anyway rather watch in HD no ads on Foxtel

I'd prefer Foxtel as well, given the choice. Unless there is an alteration in the agreement between Foxtel and Seven, Foxtel isn't just going to 'give' the broadcast to Seven. It would cost them extra to broadcast two games. At the very least, Seven would have the costs of on-air personnel.

Edited by Maple Demon
4/5 of original post missing
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ArtificialWisdom said:

Full replay is also 12 hours delay (which is horse s#!t because there is no reason why it cant be up 5 min after the game finished... the NBA does it with their replays and they even have multiple commentary selections!)

And the only navigation in full replay is selecting which quarter due to the crappy silverlight video player they insist on using you cant skip to any part of the video without loading the whole thing first. 

Long story short for a $90 a year service is absolute crap (or $180 if you dont take the time to read the T&C) but given I cant get foxtel thats the best we have :(

If you click on the link at the bottom you can navigate to Marks I50, free kicks, behinds or goals. This is not a bad way to move to the point you want to get to......Its not ideal but it works

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ManDee said:

I thought I was an4l. Rather is followed by a base verb. Prefer by an infinitive. 

So it should have been, "anyway I'd rather watch in HD with no ads on Foxtel". But keep up the good work, we need more grammar nazis.

or "anyway I'd prefer to watch in HD with no ads on Foxtel".

Wasn't having a go at your choice of words, Mandee. If you look I edited the post because for some reason when I first tried to post, it only posted the first two words.

Just now, jnrmac said:

If you click on the link at the bottom you can navigate to Marks I50, free kicks, behinds or goals. This is not a bad way to move to the point you want to get to......Its not ideal but it works

I believe that is the smart replay not the full replay available through the live pass 

1 minute ago, Maple Demon said:

Wasn't having a go at your choice of words, Mandee. If you look I edited the post because for some reason when I first tried to post, it only posted the first two words.

I'm disappointed now. I was hoping you were a grammar nazi. I shall remove my smart ars4 reply.

35 minutes ago, ArtificialWisdom said:

Exactly, but when it all comes down to it Channel 7 couldn't give a rats ass about what the supporters want all they care about is making more money. And that is there job so fair enough i dont have a problem with a broadcaster who's main purpose is to make money prioritising that. It's the AFL's responsibility (who rely on fans for success) to look out for their fans and right now they dont do a very good job when it comes to broadcast/streaming rights. They say they have negotiations but clearly the AFL does nothing but sit and listen to Channels 7, 9 and 10 all say they want to broadcast and regardless of their plans the AFL sits there with glazed over eyes signing "Money money money" in their heads.

... I feel i went on a bit of an unintentional rant just there but the point is don't blame channel 7, blame the AFL they should never have given broadcasters so much power

well the thing to do is stop watching other clubs televised games like the Pies & the Bummers.  They greedily take the bulk of live TV.  at the expense of struggling clubs.. Its unequal opportunity, causing inequity,  resulting in handouts.  >  Unsustainable.

So don't patronise the Bummers & the Pies.  Or do, at Our expense.   Protest by not being a part of the problem.  support the underdog.  Us atmo.

I'd like to make it known the Maple does attend games even though she often has the misfortune of having to sit next to some rather boorish behaviour from people who are ugly enough to know better.I know this for a fact as she often tries to get my help in abducting children to sell overseas.

4 minutes ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

If I was running channel 7 I would only telecast an game involving the drug cheats if there was no other options 

You'd love to broadcast their smashings to the masses however...