Free AFL live pass for Telstra customers.

DeeSpencer

I am a Telstra customer and I bought a live pass last year, fantastic I can watch live football on any device (except my PC) and watch the replays on everything (including PC) 24 hrs later. What's not to like. It does however reek of Telstra getting a little bit desperate to keep customers, but hey they should rolling in NBN money at the moment.

4 minutes ago, biggestred said:

Telstra own foxtel so im pretty sure they wont care.

Well 50% actually, but I was thinking more on losing the Monopoly they have had on the data market. No none gives things away for nothing, they must have an angle.They charged for it last year? 

12 minutes ago, Dalrot said:

Not bad, now just have to work out how to get it from my phone to my TV.

Check out this recent DL thread for iphone and android options 

Only Telstra mobile, which is [censored].

Should be available to Bigpond as well with the crap I have to put up with every time their billing system craps itself.

8 hours ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

They could offer me free entry to every game of the season and I still wouldn't go with Telstra.  They're right up there with Australia Post as contenders for worst business in Australia. 

Why do you say that? Their mobile coverage is so vastly superior to anyone else's that I wouldn't dream of going with another carrier again. Their customer service experience has a reputation for being pretty [censored], but in the last few years I've found it quite good. The call-center staff are relatively knowledgable and empowered, the livechat staff are good too, and once every 12 months or so a real live Australian calls you to check if your services are all good. Last year, that call resulted in them moving me to a cheaper plan because it better suited my usage patterns.

I reckon the "Telstra sucks" meme is out of date. They don't suck as much as they used to, and from my experience they don't suck any more than any of the other carriers. And, you can actually use your phone more than 20km away from the CBD.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, autocol said:

Why do you say that? Their mobile coverage is so vastly superior to anyone else's that I wouldn't dream of going with another carrier again. Their customer service experience has a reputation for being pretty [censored], but in the last few years I've found it quite good. The call-center staff are relatively knowledgable and empowered, the livechat staff are good too, and once every 12 months or so a real live Australian calls you to check if your services are all good. Last year, that call resulted in them moving me to a cheaper plan because it better suited my usage patterns.

I reckon the "Telstra sucks" meme is out of date. They don't suck as much as they used to, and from my experience they don't suck any more than any of the other carriers. And, you can actually use your phone more than 20km away from the CBD.

I live in Berwick, 45 minutes away from the city. Optus coverage has never been a problem for me. Optus is cheaper and gives a bigger data allowance.

I have FTTH NBN with Internode, which includes unmetered Netflix and free usenet access.

14 hours ago, autocol said:

I on the other hand don't get mobile coverage at home and the landline is so bad it's virtually unusable. On a good day it may be possible to get 1MB/second on the internet, but that isn't often. For years we have fought Telstra to get the lines fixed or repaired, and replies have varied from "Our records indicate that this has been fixed" to "it's your fault" to "as long as you can dial out we have no obligation to fix it" to the most recent "wait for the NBN." I think I have good reason to regard them as a terrible company.

Edited by RalphiusMaximus

4 hours ago, Choke said:

I live in Berwick, 45 minutes away from the city. Optus coverage has never been a problem for me. Optus is cheaper and gives a bigger data allowance.

I have FTTH NBN with Internode, which includes unmetered Netflix and free usenet access.

Luxury.....We used to have two tin cans and a piece of string....NBN pffft

• Like 3

so did i but got so many wrong numbers calls

53 minutes ago, Demon_spurs said:

Luxury.....We used to have two tin cans and a piece of string....NBN pffft

ahh the ilinformed muppets of today

8 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

and if you tell that to the young people today, they won't believe you.

40 minutes ago, Choke said:

s3AoP.gif

so did i but got so many wrong numbers

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.