Post Match Discussion - Round 23

Nasher

Pfft coming from a moron who wanted to trade Christian Salem this year HAHAHAHAH!!

Can anyone seriously believe this guy?

Sounds like your in the JKH camp. Will hold you to that.

In my books he isn't up to it.

Great debut by Mitch White today. 16 disposals, 6 marks, 93.7%. He's quite a bit bigger than I thought as well.

It's amazing how much better the team looks when they're given license to attack. We looked legitimately dangerous today.

I think we may have quite a scary-looking team next year. If you factor in basic improvement in the youngsters, add guys like Petracca, Frost, Tyson and possibly Trengove to the mix and assume the removal of a couple of our worst butchers. There's some firepower beginning to make an appearance.

• Like 6

One bloke who I thought did well today was Michie. It's a shame he's only hitting his stride now, because I think he's started to develop nicely towards the end of the year. The same thing happened last year and he seemed drop off after the gap. Hopefully not this time, because I like the way he tries to move it on and create inside 50s.

YEP, good in close today

• Like 2

Great debut by Mitch White today. 16 disposals, 6 marks, 93.7%. He's quite a bit bigger than I thought as well.

It's amazing how much better the team looks when they're given license to attack. We looked legitimately dangerous today.

I think we may have quite a scary-looking team next year. If you factor in basic improvement in the youngsters, add guys like Petracca, Frost, Tyson and possibly Trengove to the mix and assume the removal of a couple of our worst butchers. There's some firepower beginning to make an appearance.

Agree on white. Perfect for half back.

Dont care what anyone says about dead rubbers or 'meaningless' games

When you are trying to build a winning culture after a decade in the wilderness EVERY GAME IS IMPORTANT

That was a great win... a rotation down after Crossy got concussed , plus Gawn off for 10 minutes and everyone just expected they'd run over us like last time.

Our kids put on a show and we broke the Etihad curse. Finally there is hope and a platform to spring from moving forward.

Go Demons.

Not everyone. They never really looked like it today. We were on top from the opening bounce. Gawn was probably the matchwinner. Amazing what taps to advantage do for a team. We made them look slow today.
  • Like 1

Why not? He needs to improve quick smart to stay on the list. Players need to be cut and he will def be in the firing line end of next year if he doesn't improve.

For the right offer I would entertain any trade. Only a fool wouldn't.

No only you are the fool.

end of story.

he was fantastic, it had been building. Said this all year, i think Harmes is much better than ANB and they are vying for the same position.

Disagree that they're vying for the same spot. ANB is a tough inside midfield that will play mostly forward for the first two or three years. Harmes showed some terrific toughness today that I hadn't seen from him before, but think he'll play more forward or on a wing.

Edited by AdamFarr

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37120-christian-salem/

Let's not be too hypocritical mate.

Salem is an absolute star.

I have already eaten my humble pie and put my hand up at the start of the year.

Of course he will be a star

• Like 1

Ad hoc thoughts -

- Between Hogan, Gawn, and Harmes, we may end up being the top contested marking team in the game. Petracca also?

- Great arrival by White. Part of a very reassuring group of kids who seem to have decent disposal - Salem's return is particularly convincing.

- Ben Newton was out there doing his job well today - being a threat.

- Brayshaw's had the same interesting stats balance all season - fairly low disposals, but then the combo of high tackle count and lots of inside50s/goal assists. Works hard defensively and then uses it to dangerous effect.

- Entertaining farewell MOTY by Howe. Fitting farewell act of courage within an exceptional overall game from Cross.

- Happy that Nathan Jones returned to excellent form for the final game, after a rough final period of the season.

- Hogan is an actual, right now, AFL top-5 key forward.

It is just too weird, totally messed up, topsy-turvy nonsense that we have two wins total against the teams below us on the ladder, but five wins against teams above us.

If not for playing against us, both St Kilda and Essendon would be on 4 wins! 3 out of their 11 combined wins were against us.

I'll look into it more thoroughly, but I think this season has the longest 'tail' of any season I've known, with the bottom six teams having just 30 wins between them. hash[censored]tag #equalisationisworkingwell

• Like 5

Feeling good about next season now.....kids were great today with at least another six players who would fit in that side.

A lot of plaudits went to the Saints this year yet we finished above them and showed good improvement this year.

On the way up , and hopefully land a big fish in the off season.

Go Dees!

• Like 1

We NEED salem to become a midfielder for 2016, he has speed, amazing skills and creativity, he personifies the type of player our midfield desperately needs.

unfortunately we need his kicking off half back also.

Completely agree with this, mate. His decision-making and disposal is so important to our back six. Would love to recruit Whitfield and McKenzie to release Salem into the midfield though. :P
  • Like 1

Michie was another positive today for me. 21 disposals and uses the footy well. He has defiantly grabbed his chance tin the last 5 weeks.

Doesn't get enough credit on here.

I shake my head when I see him listed next to Mckenzie and Bail on the frequent 'delist at end of the season' posts. Linked up well with Jones & Vince today and did the simple stuff. Never going to be a superstar, but a couple of 30 possession games next season will take him to the next level.

• Like 5

The things some guys will do to get carried off TWICE in their last game!! However, I reckon Crossy would have been a tad happier to have just gone with the second, more traditional send off! What a champion bloke! The commentators said Matty Boyd said a few words in the rooms before the game too, which was a nice touch.

Oh! And my news flash about the cunning plan to defeat the Etihad Hoodoo also worked a treat! (Last time we won at Etihad, we had a White in the team. Couldn't win again until we brought in our great WHITE hope... who, incidentally, did some very nice things in his first game.)

Yep, nice to get a win last game of the year! Bring on 2016!!! Go Dees!!

• Like 5