Delistings/trades at end of the season

Jack Martin and Jesse were the top 2 under 17's by a mile and available to GWS to be traded for compo picks.

GC had the first pick and took Martin, leaving us Jesse.

Then the recruiting took over and we swapped pick 20 for Dawes and the indigenous winger whose name I forget, who has retired. It could be easily argued both were a bust.

Dom Barry is his name.

I also believe that as a result of all of the machinations involved in the dealings involved was that we were able to take Jack Viney with our second round pick and not our first which would have cost us pick 4 (Jimmy Toumpas).

• Like 2

I can't get past the idea that Geelong are looking like picking up Dangerfield, Henderson and now a good chance of landing Scott Selwood.

Surely they won't have enough draft picks to trade and all these deals will require substantial player swaps as well.

Dom Barry is his name.

I also believe that as a result of all of the machinations involved in the dealings involved was that we were able to take Jack Viney with our second round pick and not our first which would have cost us pick 4 (Jimmy Toumpas).

This will be forgotten through time but Jack Viney should have been ND3 - all teams knew we were taking him regardless of where; we gave him a 5 year 'contract' at 15, all teams knew he would become what he has become.

GWS and GC were the teams that could have forced our hand and both were involved in the Mini Draft that delivered GWS ND2 and ND3, GC Martin, and us Hogan.

GWS wanted our pick and GC wasn't spoiling the apple cart - Viney at ND26.

• Like 4

I can't get past the idea that Geelong are looking like picking up Dangerfield, Henderson and now a good chance of landing Scott Selwood.

Surely they won't have enough draft picks to trade and all these deals will require substantial player swaps as well.

SS is a scrubber.

Even a broken watch tells the correct time twice a day.

How many draft picks did Prendergast have during his time as a club recruiter and how many of them were busts?

I would venture to say that his would have been the worst record in the competition by a long way.

For that, the only hug he deserves is a heavy duty bear hug that crushes a few of his ribs.

Richmond in 2004 had five picks in the top 20 and used them on Deledio (1), Tambling (4), Danny Meyer (12), Adam Patterson (16) and Dean Polo (20). They also picked up JON at #8 the following year. Whoever their recruiting manager at the time might be challenging Prendergast for his crown. It's little wonder they were awful until recently when their drafting improved a lot.

• Like 1

Cam Luke just tweeted that Melbourne and Hawthorn are two teams to look out for in trade radio tomorrow..

She's heating up now lads!

What the Dawks have identified a slight need for a role player on the half back flank, but only if two other preferred players get injured or something? Gee I hope they get their man!

• Like 5

Cam Luke just tweeted that Melbourne and Hawthorn are two teams to look out for in trade radio tomorrow..

She's heating up now lads!

Yeah, so we listen for 2 weeks of hypothetical trades and inaction, then in the last 2 days, everything gets sorted.

• Like 1

Yeah, so we listen for 2 weeks of hypothetical trades and inaction, then in the last 2 days, everything gets sorted.

With us it's usually in the last two hours!

Listening to trade radio is hilarious.. Some of the biased supporters that ring up and propose a trade scenario. I remember last year a St Kilda supporter ringing up suggesting trading their pick 1 and Terry Milera for Dangerfield. It provides me some comedic value that's for sure.

Listening to trade radio is hilarious.. Some of the biased supporters that ring up and propose a trade scenario. I remember last year a St Kilda supporter ringing up suggesting trading their pick 1 and Terry Milera for Dangerfield. It provides me some comedic value that's for sure.

12 months on that trade isn't as silly as sounds.

Would Crows settle for pick 1 this year?

12 months on that trade isn't as silly as sounds.

Isn't it? Because at that time Melbourne were offering picks 2 and 3 lol.. It's not about what Adelaide want to settle for, Dangerfield has to agree to be traded to the club and unfortunately the way it's going it's Geelong or nothing. We are offering Adelaide pick 6 this year and 1st round next year, Adelaide are all over that but Dangerfield isn't accepting a trade to Melbourne.

Isn't it? Because at that time Melbourne were offering picks 2 and 3 lol.. It's not about what Adelaide want to settle for, Dangerfield has to agree to be traded to the club and unfortunately the way it's going it's Geelong or nothing. We are offering Adelaide pick 6 this year and 1st round next year, Adelaide are all over that but Dangerfield isn't accepting a trade to Melbourne.

That's because he's getting 4 million in 3rd party deals to go to Geelong.

• Like 1

Did we offer both picks? If so, I'm glad it didn't pan out. I wouldn't even trade Brayshaw on his own for Danger.

• Like 1

I really hope we're into Scott Selwood.

Fully fit he's a genuine B+ midfielder that would cost us no draft picks as a Restricted Free Agent.

There's talk of giving pick 25 for Melksham and paying him $400k a year when Selwood and Suckling as free agents would be much better targets IMO.

I know Selwood wants to get to Geelong to play with Joel but again, make him an offer he can't refuse.

• Like 1

Cowboy Goodwin wants WADA boy Milkman so forget about the logical trades.

It wont just be Goodwin it will be a group decision. Do you think Goodwin could just overrule the opinion of the rest of the footy staff?

• Like 1

That just put you on the ASIO watch list!

funny thing is.... they probably are :rolleyes: