My locks for 2015

????????? Tom Mcdonald Lynden Dunn

Nev Jetta ??????????? Christian Salem

????????? Jack Viney Bernie Vince

Christian Petracca Jesse Hogan Angus Brayshaw

Jeff Garlett ????????? Dean Kent

Max Gawn Nathan Jones ???????

Dom Tyson Harry Lumumba Billy Stretch Alex neil-bullen

With the new interchange rules there will be a far greater reliance on endurance players than ever, the amount of explosive players that a team can carry will take a hit so guys like Kent may find themselves competing with someone like Garlett for a spot in the team

My locks for 2015

????????? Tom Mcdonald Lynden Dunn

Nev Jetta ??????????? Christian Salem

????????? Jack Viney Bernie Vince

Christian Petracca Jesse Hogan Angus Brayshaw

Jeff Garlett ????????? Dean Kent

Max Gawn Nathan Jones ???????

Dom Tyson Harry Lumumba Billy Stretch Alex neil-bullen

With the new interchange rules there will be a far greater reliance on endurance players than ever, the amount of explosive players that a team can carry will take a hit so guys like Kent may find themselves competing with someone like Garlett for a spot in the team

no love for Vanders ?

Bail - I've got nothing because he basically does nothing.

Mckenzie - He was always fighting an uphill battle with the whole red hair thing.

Terlich - Gawn's beard is better.

Matt Jones - I don't like having 2 people in the same team that share a last name unless they are related.

Watts - Unfortunate but we owe him a fresh start somewhere else.

Dawes - Unable to jump higher than 1 foot off the ground and I'm a bit dubious about that cut that appeared on his face during the season.

Grimes - We have decided to make Jayden Hunt captain in 2016.

• Like 1

Butcher would be dirt cheap, if not free. Big bodied, key position forward who regularly takes contested mark and is good in the lead. Yes, he kicks like a mule- but with all those other attributes, I think the kicking can be worked on; never to be perfected, but perhaps improved.

IMHO.

Disagree, has failed to cement his spot in a team that prides itself on quick ball movement and hitting leading forwards. Goes missing too often and for too long. Would rather punt on the draft and develop from within

• Like 1

Received some mail that Kelly O'Donnell was having a close look at the dogs Michael Talia at the VFL on the weekend. KPD, Out of contract at years end, showed some promising signs during the course of the season but like many young talls is still learning the craft. Could be worth a late rounder

• Like 2

Just on talking footy.

They mentioned Todd Viney was having lunch with Scott Clayton from the GC and 'Breaking Bread' today.. whatever that means.

Also Jeremy Howe was interviewed and expect a decision in a couple of days. He said things are looking positive but personally I think he is gone..

• Like 1

Just on talking footy.

They mentioned Todd Viney was having lunch with Scott Clayton from the GC and 'Breaking Bread' today.. whatever that means.

Also Jeremy Howe was interviewed and expect a decision in a couple of days. He said things are looking positive but personally I think he is gone..

Yay

Yay

• Like 2

Just on talking footy.

Based on the numbers touted, our need to trade in quality mids and the call that we will field a team of competitors I think him being gone is positive.

• Like 2

Received some mail that Kelly O'Donnell was having a close look at the dogs Michael Talia at the VFL on the weekend. KPD, Out of contract at years end, showed some promising signs during the course of the season but like many young talls is still learning the craft. Could be worth a late rounder

Is his brother available?
  • Like 5

They asked Roos about Howe.

Said they still haven't heard from his management about their offer and instead are out in the field fielding other offers and seeing whats out there.

Roosy sounded annoyed and frustrated.

I think we will see Howe in different colours next year.

• Like 1

Can you elaborate? What was the question and did Roos give the Ross Lyon googly eyes?

Basically said he couldn't guarantee 'any' player will be there next year and it's all about improving our list. He's told the players talks about them moving on isn't to scare them it's to improve the list and win more than 7 games.

Buckley then stepped in and said another clubs trash can be another clubs treasure.

(Was updating original post with a run down and accidently deleted it)

Can you elaborate? What was the question and did Roos give the Ross Lyon googly eyes?

Slobbo asked Roos directly whether Watts would be at Melbourne next year & whether he would be traded. Roos basically didn't deny it but went around the question by saying that we need to improve the list & all players are traceable. He says this has always been his approach to list building from his time at Sydney to now.

• Like 2

They asked Roos about Howe.

Said they still haven't heard from his management about their offer and instead are out in the field fielding other offers and seeing whats out there.

Roosy sounded annoyed and frustrated.

I think we will see Howe in different colours next year.

If I was Melbourne I'd pull the offer and tell him to go. No time for this sort of BS.

Basically said he couldn't guarantee 'any' player will be there next year and it's all about improving our list. He's told the players talks about them moving on isn't to scare them it's to improve the list and win more than 7 games.

Buckley then stepped in and said another clubs trash can be another clubs treasure.

(Was updating original post with a run down and accidently deleted it)

Thanks mate. Sounds as though someone like Watts can be had... for the right price. Not surprising really.