Delistings/trades at end of the season

I wouldn't put too much stock in what the papers say. They ALWAYS link one of Collingwood, Richmond or Carlton to a player. Just look at Treloar - both the Pies and Tigers are named as the ones throwing money at him. It's as regular as clockwork. No one truly know what the clubs are doing, and just because the paper doesn't name us it doesn't mean we aren't well in the race for him either.

You and many others said the exact same thing about Frawley.

Look how that turned out?

I cannot for the life of me understand this way of thinking.

What makes him a quality player in your eyes? What is his value to our side presently?

You obviously don't recall the Frawley debate very clearly.

I think most regulars here know my view on that one - and it's kind of the opposite of what you've attributed to me.

I wouldn't put too much stock in what the papers say. They ALWAYS link one of Collingwood, Richmond or Carlton to a player. Just look at Treloar - both the Pies and Tigers are named as the ones throwing money at him. It's as regular as clockwork. No one truly know what the clubs are doing, and just because the paper doesn't name us it doesn't mean we aren't well in the race for him either.

that right, & some maybe playing games, just trying to push his cost up without really being interested, to stretch a particular club closer to its cap.

no point going off before acceptances.

Chris dawes, key forward on good money has kicked 6 goals in over half a season and seriously struggles to mark the ball or impact the game in a meaningful way,absolutely has to be traded if anyone will take him.

• Like 3

Chris dawes, key forward on good money has kicked 6 goals in over half a season and seriously struggles to mark the ball or impact the game in a meaningful way,absolutely has to be traded if anyone will take him.

That's the problem…. no one will. He is at best a depth forward, we really need to find another tall forward, maybe Weideman?

• Like 1

That's the problem…. no one will. He is at best a depth forward, we really need to find another tall forward, maybe Weideman?

I'm trying to conjure up an idea, trade with GWS, we trade them a player/s for Pick12.. its not working for me,

..... unless we were to give them P4 & Howe now? for a GWS player, & P12 ?

P12 we may be able to land the Weid, or Tucker ?

You obviously don't recall the Frawley debate very clearly.

I think most regulars here know my view on that one - and it's kind of the opposite of what you've attributed to me.

I just had a look, you're right.

Out of interest, what did you think of Garland's performance today?

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 2

If supporters don't believe that underperforming senior players with questionable skill-level, fitness and general intent when playing isn't a significant contributing factor in performances like today, last week and many other weeks this year, you need to wake up a bit. Seriously.

Club's don't continue to display these kinds of insipid and skill-less games for years upon years without there being some seriously deeply rooted problems with some senior figures at that club.

• Like 4

I'd just let him go when his contract is up.. No one in the AFL would take him.. Maybe the Diamond Valley or La Trobe Valley Leagues are crying out for a club screrary or something??

If supporters don't believe that underperforming senior players with questionable skill-level, fitness and general intent when playing isn't a significant contributing factor in performances like today, last week and many other weeks this year, you need to wake up a bit. Seriously.

Club's don't continue to display these kinds of insipid and skill-less games for years upon years without there being some seriously deeply rooted problems with some senior figures at that club.

We lack senior players. I think that's more of the problem. We haven't had a group that have stayed through and been competitive AFL footballers. They're all retired. The Moloney's and Sylvia's of the world. That's what I believe is really hurting us, but time for Col to move.

• Like 2

Dawes' 2 terrible 1st qtr kicks to inside 50 and his missed goal were total morale killers.

Must be totally demoralising for young players see a senior guy dribbling the ball to a free team mate and shortly after miss an unpressured goal from 20 mtrs out!!

He gave up any chance of getting momentum back our way. We never recovered!

So much for his leadership skills.

Simply put, he must go.

No need to trade him - just give him away, at least it will clear his massive salary from our cap!

We can then use it to reward a younger play or fund Prestia/another player we trade in.

We must get better value from the money we are spending on Dawes so sorry to repeat: He must go.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2

This is probably going to sound a bit reactionary, but IMHO the following players are just making up the numbers on our list and should probably be traded or de-listed at the end of their current contract (if not before). I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel, what looked like light at Geelong a few weeks ago turned out to be just a glimmer of more hell-fire in the pit of despair that we have found ourselves lost in.

1) Bail

2) Cross

3) Dawes

4) Dunn

5) Garland

6) Grimes

7) Howe

8) Jamar

9) Matt Jones

10) McKenzie

11) Michie

12) Newton

13) Riley

14) Spencer

15) Terlich

16) Toumpas

17) Tyson

18) Watts

19) Fitzpatrick

20) Lumumba

This is probably going to sound a bit reactionary, but IMHO the following players are just making up the numbers on our list and should probably be traded or de-listed at the end of their current contract (if not before). I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel, what looked like light at Geelong a few weeks ago turned out to be just a glimmer of more hell-fire in the pit of despair that we have found ourselves lost in.

1) Bail

2) Cross

3) Dawes

4) Dunn

5) Garland

6) Grimes

7) Howe

8) Jamar

9) Matt Jones

10) McKenzie

11) Michie

12) Newton

13) Riley

14) Spencer

15) Terlich

16) Toumpas

17) Tyson

18) Watts

19) Fitzpatrick

20) Lumumba

Tyson, Watts and Lumumba arent going anywhere

The other 17 can all go.. is there a rule for a maximum amount of list changes? Cos we need a proper cleanout none of this 11-12 player crap like the last 2 trade periods/drafts, thats not enough.

A statement bigger than anything in afl history needs to be made.

Those early errors by Dawes killed the game.

He is a member of the leadership group. He would be disappointed but he and all the others know he'll get another game next week.

He is a afl veteran on big coin. It should be made public that MFC arent f@cking around anymore. An announcement t be made that as Dawes is not fulfilling the bare minimum required of a club leader he will no longer be playing and his contract will be terminated at years end.

BANG

Edited by Munga
  • Like 1

No need to trade him - just give him away, at least it will clear his massive salary from our cap!

We can then use it to reward a younger play or fund Prestia/another player we trade in.

We must get better value from the money we are spending on Dawes so sorry to repeat: He must go.

He's contracted on big money (500k-600k) until the end of 2016. If we trade him and another club pays less than what we do, we have to make up the difference until his contract with us is up.

Eg we're paying him 550k until the end of 2016. If we trade him to Brisbane who pay him 250k we will have 300k of his contract with us on our books in 2015.

What's Dawes' value on the open market? I'm thinking pick 40ish.