THE ESSENDON 34: ON TRIAL

Demonland

If the AFL threatened Essendon with a severe enough penalty for not playing in the NAB cup, I wonder if there would be enough sensible EFC supporters to call an emergency general meeting and sack the board. Or would the current regime prevail?

If the AFL threatened Essendon with a severe enough penalty for not playing in the NAB cup, I wonder if there would be enough sensible EFC supporters to call an emergency general meeting and sack the board. Or would the current regime prevail?

I seriously doubt it sue.

The had the chance to vote for candidates who were challenging the incumbent regime before Christmas and did not.

They are locked into a cycle of everyone is wrong and out to get us.

• Like 1

A toy / cartoon one with no punch in the real world.

Hes a really useful engine OD..

crikey...next youll be telling me Bananas dont wear pajamas !! :)

• Like 3

AFL won't act decisively until ASADA win their case. It is wise for them to keep their powder dry, and let the EFC dig their own hole deeper (and deeper).

If/when the players get a year+ ban, plus further club sanctions, they will leave it to EFC to decide if they will field a team in 2015, if not, the AFL will act to rejig the fixture, and move on with the season, while the EFC appeals... and appeals... gets sued by players, etc.

Gill will be standing well clear when this hits the fan, and wisely too.

Edited by PaulRB

Little piece in the Hun.

Apparently the wife of a central figure in the Bombers situation, told a fellow passenger on a plane, that the ASADA case presented to the AFL Tribunal was strong and that they are in trouble.

Just realized that?

She wont be riding up the pointy end for much longer .....

• Like 2

I seriously doubt it sue.

The had the chance to vote for candidates who were challenging the incumbent regime before Christmas and did not.

They are locked into a cycle of everyone is wrong and out to get us.

I agree. However if the AFL actually hit them with sanctions (unlike the situation at Xmas), the supporters may start to think differently.

Maybe a more probable result would be that the current board (which is presumably made up of relatively sensible business types compared to one-eyed supporters) may change direction.

AFL won't act decisively

you had me at this :rolleyes:

I agree. However if the AFL actually hit them with sanctions (unlike the situation at Xmas), the supporters may start to think differently.

Maybe a more probable result would be that the current board (which is presumably made up of relatively sensible business types compared to one-eyed supporters) may change direction.

this the same current board that ALSO is backing Hird ??

this the same current board that ALSO is backing Hird ??

I'm just postulating that their behaviour might be corrected by a sharp rap across the knuckles by the AFL - something that has not happened to date. Once they get run over by the reality bus and all they can see is the bus' exhaust pipe, maybe they will see the folly of pitching a tent in the 'bus only' lane. I agree the probability is not high.

I want to see the afl be firm, do you have 22 fit players? Then you play, that is the expectation.

These clowns deserve no sympathy if you ask me

• Like 2

I want to see the afl be firm, do you have 22 fit players? Then you play, that is the expectation.

These clowns deserve no sympathy if you ask me

And if they haven't? Or, at least, claim that they haven't? Then what?

(BTW, irrespective of the current Essendon imbroglio, I would have thought the risk of an AFL club not having enough players to field a team during the season proper must be a matter which the AFL should already have a contingency plan for. I'm sure we've seen before that clubs have got injury lists which leave them the bare minimum to choose from).

Sue, there are not enough of those supporters who would/could overturn the board.

It's not just a matter of sacking the Board but providing an acceptable alternative to the Little led disaster.

the same board that's been further strengthened by new additions who are very much in the pro-hird camp.

And pro Little.

If they are suspended let's hope the evidences is released to ensure the EFC fans can't pretend it's a conspiracy like they are saying now...

If the evidence isn't released sadly the bombers have done enough PR to paint themselves as the victims

If they haven't twigged yet they're not going get it now.

Its a shrinking minority that drink their PR kool aid.

Just to push the boundaries a little...... If I was the AFL I would come down on Essendon like a tone of bricks. I would be urging, privately or publicly, that the maximum penalty be enforced. I would also be looking for club punishments and for as many as possible to be kicked out of the game. I would do all I could to make the club unworkable. Once it was on its knees I would then suggest they might like to move to Tassie. As a relocated team they could access a large fund to re-establish and get back on their feet..... Break them down, get them to do as I require and what I see as best forthe competition and then build them backup.

Tassie Bombers..... Got a ring to it....

• Like 2

They should be drummed out of the comp.

A effing disgrace to all sporting clubs.

The club cheated don't worry about the players at this stage.

Who introduced these drugs into the FD.

The disease starts at the head and then consumes everything and anything in it's way.

The players, then their families, supporters,it then spread it's tentacles to the rest of the comp.

It hasn't spared anyone. (Except the legal profession - the Lonsdale street Teflon group)

You may think I hate the karmichaels.

I think you are spot on.

• Like 1

The papers often run on-line polls, most of them pretty silly just to see if anyone is reading their rag. Have I missed it, or have they studiously avoided ones asking about the public's attitude to EFC and its shenanigans? I can understand why the AFL wouldn't, but why not the more general media.

Edited by sue

One would think if that were the case things would have changed a long time ago.

My feeling is that little is surrounded by Yes men

• Like 1

Chip le grand just on 774 discussing, at length, the issue of use of ped's. Missed most of it but at the end was asked if players would be missing part of the season. Chop said well players lawyers don't believe asada have the evidence. Well they would say that would'nt they. He is supposed to be a journalist

• Like 1