WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - HERITIER LUMUMBA

Moonshadow

Gees, everyone seems to have lost their sense of humour.

I have no issue with getting him, but lets be honest, if this is the best trade week brings up for us, I'd be pretty disappointed.

I have enough connections at Collingwood to know that Lumumba is not an easy fit at any club, and comes with his own unique set of problems.

Doesn't mean I don't want him to succeed and do well, and of course I'll support him in a Melbourne jumper.

If we trade Clark for him though, I'd feel like once again Collingwood get away with bullying a poorer club.

It's pronounced Harry. That's what I'm going with.

Funny ...even Roosey referred to him as Harry !!

Curse these All-Australians just nominating where they want to go! Oh...

Seriously - I'm very happy with this. A durable, experienced, quick defender who takes the game on. Clark for Lumumba, and a swap of third or fourth round picks (Stretch pending) if that's needed to get it over the line.

• Like 4

I don't have anything against getting him, but you'll excuse me if I'm not jumping out of my skin with excitement.

We need stars, and midfielders, or midfield stars more specifically. Lumumba fits none of those categories, but of course I want him to be successful at our club.

actually...we just need a dozen blokes who CAN play a decent bloody game of a good brand of footy !!

welcome H

need 11 more now :)

• Like 2

I have no issue with getting him, but lets be honest, if this is the best trade week brings up for us, I'd be pretty disappointed.

I have enough connections at Collingwood to know that Lumumba is not an easy fit at any club, and comes with his own unique set of problems.

Doesn't mean I don't want him to succeed and do well, and of course I'll support him in a Melbourne jumper.

If we trade Clark for him though, I'd feel like once again Collingwood get away with bullying a poorer club.

in the immortal words of the the Woodworkers "We've only just begun !!"

Terrible post. Here we are, a club on our knees, and we have an All Australian, premiership player nominate us over a preliminary finalist as his destination of choice. Meanwhile, players of incredibly low character like Clark are manipulating the system to leave us in the pile of [censored] we're in.

Welcome Heretier. He's prepared to play for our colors and I'll back him every step of the way. Not to mention what an actual coach like Roos will be able to transform him into.

good post bud

Just saw that levi greenwood is un-contracted?
we need to snap that dude up, 25 years old i think, would be a good get.

• Like 3

Absolute rubbish

I know for a fact being good friends with a Collingwood player the guys absolutely love H. They respect his views in life and is a genuine leader with the players especially the young ones as he does alot of off field work with them.

He is also a pretty intense trainer and professional in his recovery.

Players will be absolutely devastated that H is leaving and this will be a big win for us. Our player will come to love him and respect him.

Also massive respect for H to choose us over north. Could of went to a club that was a game away from a grand final yet he chose a club thats been the bottom 4 for the last 8 years.

I have more respect for him the Mitch Clark and Tom Scully.

• Like 6

I will take Labamba all day. He is a proven good player. If his biggest issue is being easily offended then who cares. Hopefully we can get it done with not much sacrifice. I would be happy to give Pies MC if we could upgrade a draft pick as well in the deal.

I am genuinely very happy about this.

Despite him not being the best kick in the league, he has something we are crying out for. Which is some serious drive and willing to take the game on from the backline. We are so stagnant and one dimensional with our hitting up options target, it will be great to see how Roos implements Lumumba's running and drive to shake up how we transition the footy.

• Like 1

I'll put my hand up as one who didn't want him, have concerns about causing dressing room unrest, but he has upside and is improvement on Terlich, Strauss and Grimes off HBF. In Roos I trust as a coach who has the ability to appease players from varying backgrounds with varying character traits and get them to gel.

I'm pleased an AA has nominated us as his club of choice, anyone who wants to wear the red and blue is someone I'm prepared to give a go, so if the deal gets done welcome aboard H

• Like 5

Also interesting that we were apparently chasing Malceski all season. H is a similar player, and 2 years younger. Win.

Of course a win win would be nice, Malceski Hogan Lumumba half backline would be excellent. (With Tex At FF).

• Like 1

He's a very consistent, premiership footballer at the peak of his physical and experience curves. He has very high professional and ethical standards (which is why he would appeal to PR), and if his adherence to those standards gives a few others the irrits, then too bad for them. An excellent get, if he comes.

• Like 2

I said earlier in the thread i didnt want him but i was being a bit silly in those posts as they wre just basd on his perceived personality flaws and how that would fit in the locker room

Would be great to have him coming off half back for the Demons and would be a massive upgrade on what we have now

Was surprised to see hes still only 27 too

Sorry about that Chief, I hope I wasn't out of line with that comment about our newest recruit Heretier.....