Players to target at the end of the year

Shiel would be amazing. I would have Vickery ahead of Fitzy and Spence when it comes to attributes.

Jaksch would be nice too.

We really need some elite kickers though, whoever mentioned the half backline with elite skills was bang on.

We're crying out for some players who cut through sides with their skills and running.

• Like 1

I still want us to go hard at Tex, but I think I may be in wonderland.

One of my favourite players alongside Dangerfield, Elliott, Beams, etc, who doesn't play for us.

not so Alice, he'd be a great get. but I can't see him leaving them after Tip'Rat did the dirty all over them, I just don't see Tex that way.

I think the Crows will keep nearly all they're players this time around.

I see Hawthorn are going to make a big Play for Cotchin and whole heap of other stars..

Really, could this be why Cotch is struggling atmo?

Dylan Shiel mentioned also. Still feel like Shiel is gettable, perhaps the most likely out of GWS. I wonder how much their improved form will affect go home factor of the Vic kids.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/hawthorn-inquires-about-richmond-skipper-trent-cotchins-contract-status-with-buddy-money-in-mind/story-fndv8os9-1226964217933

I don't think it will change the mind of someone who made up their mind last year. The younger ones it may sway next year as they win more games. GWS need more mature bodies, to get them away from the bottom of the ladder.

Dylan Shiel mentioned also. Still feel like Shiel is gettable, perhaps the most likely out of GWS. I wonder how much their improved form will affect go home factor of the Vic kids.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/hawthorn-inquires-about-richmond-skipper-trent-cotchins-contract-status-with-buddy-money-in-mind/story-fndv8os9-1226964217933

wow, I hadn't seen the papers in the last few days... makes my Cats & Hawks thread look a bit tarnished.

Do you think Roos an Co. could turn Tyrone Vickery into a player?

Because I don't think Hardwick can and seems like he's on the outer a bit, Clarke replacement potential with good coaching

I do. He has talent, but imo has been lazy in his away from home, second home, with family about. This can work against the recruit. Especially at a club with poor culture.

he was very impressive in U-18's. Worth a punt, wen he's been dealt with.

i don't know if he's worth pick 5 on his own, i'd probably want brayshaw instead if that were the case

I reckon we will take stretch at 23 if we need too, he's just what the doctor ordered in terms of pace, skill, bleeds red and blue and outside run

Stretch is too slight, for an early 2nd Rnder. more like a 28 - 42 range. He'll take at least 1.5 - 2 yrs in the system to get strong enough. we need players ready to go with our early picks.

JackVineyForPresident, on 10 May 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:snapback.png

Tyson is a better player than Shiel... Shiel has been struggling at AFL level, while he is promising, he is definitely struggling

struggling as a player does when he wants to go.

He hasn't been struggling, he's young, been injured and playing in a rubbish team for most of his career. I would take him at MFC no questions asked.

yep, hes the one we want... lets not let the hawkers do us again. grab him Dees.

I think our first pick will get the deal done for Shiel. If Chip leaves, I'd throw his comp pick at Coniglio or Treloar. I'm living in dream land, but if we got our hands on two of GWS's best three mids, we'd be laughing. Don't think GWS would let that happen, because they have to start playing hard ball with their kids.

However, let's say that they two go, our midfield would consist of: Jones, Vince, Tyson, Viney, Shiel, Coniglio/Treloar, Cross, Trengove. There's something quite Sydney about that line up. Not a great deal of foot speed, but a string of solid ball winners - unless we got Treloar. I'd then aim for some good, speedy half back ball users. Add one this off season and then add another the following off season. By the following off season, we'd be a better prospect for FA's too. That's where we'd lure another KPF and a crumbing forward that can go into the midfield. And then...well, then I wake up.

Interesting, now that the GWS handbrake looks to be released of late? I wonder if a deal has been done with a club, for them too get a top 5 pick as a trade?

As well as mids, we need to stock up on tall defenders. One ready mid (shiel) & a young key tall from GWS. They have a heap of Key Talls. I want a Key Tall Utility type.

Edited by dee-luded

Means nothing.

So our excellent trade record built up over the last few years with GWS means nothing?

We've established a great relationship at the trade table and Roos is big on win-win trades. No doubt he commands a bit of respect and integrity too, unlike plenty of other slimy clubs trying to dud others at trade time.

• Like 1

Saw Kristian Jaksch was at Dom Tyson's 21st birthday. Mingling with a few young MFC lads. I've heard Carlton offered him bulk cash, but they need the assets to get it done. Mail is they're willing to let him go home due to so many talks, and he certainly isn't against it.

If Frawley were to leave, i'd definitely look at bringing him in.

Excuse me? My opinion you [censored]...

No, actually just a HS opinion regurgitated.

Would we consider Toby Greene and an early pick from the giants for our first pick? The kid killed it in his first year was prolly there second best player behind Cameron. What do people think has been I trouble with the law so could make home easy to get. Or offer our second round pick as a straight swap would we do it would they do it?

Back away slowly...

The thing is.. i would rather take a gun like Brayshaw or Petrecca in that draft than take a player who hasnt really performed at AFL level this year.

So O'Rourke is a definite no for me.. there are certainly players like that out of contract..

We should be able to get a one from the draft and hopefully trade for another..

Personally, if we lose Frawley that doesnt hurt me, there are about 10 players i would deem more important than Frawley

I would not be upset if we left the draft with Petracca and Brayshaw

both are strong bodied inside/outside tough nut ball winners

The thing is.. i would rather take a gun like Brayshaw or Petrecca in that draft than take a player who hasnt really performed at AFL level this year.

So O'Rourke is a definite no for me.. there are certainly players like that out of contract..

We should be able to get a one from the draft and hopefully trade for another..

Personally, if we lose Frawley that doesnt hurt me, there are about 10 players i would deem more important than Frawley

Yeah, Dom Tyson sucks.

We shoulda had Kelly.

• Like 1

If we were able to go in to next year with Petracca and Shiel (even though i'd prefer to bring in one quality KPD), we'd surely be running to the bank with that.

Back in 2009 we were all drawing up midfields of Trengove, Scully, Jones, Gysberts etc etc.

But without getting too far ahead of ourselves, it would be hard not to get excited by a midfield made up of Jones, Vince, Viney, Tyson, Shiel and Petracca/Brayshaw (with the likes of Trengove to come back, Roosy working his magic on Toumpas along with Salem and Kent continuing to develop).

Edited by Demon Disciple

If we were able to go in to next year with Petracca and Shiel (even though i'd prefer to bring in one quality KPD), we'd surely be running to the bank with that.

Back in 2009 we were all drawing up midfields of Trengove, Scully, Jones, Gysberts etc etc.

But without getting too far ahead of ourselves, it would be hard not to get excited by a midfield made up of Jones, Vince, Viney, Tyson, Shiel and Petracca/Brayshaw (with the likes of Trengove to come back, Roosy working his magic on Toumpas along with Salem and Kent continuing to develop).

the thing is our existing midfield taking out the west coast game is ranked 4th, in a side with the second worst midfield, hogan will improve the forward line the moment he gets out there, but if we improve our midfield our defence will be under far less pressure and i have no doubt will quickly get close to being the best in the comp, even as soon as next year, if we add, Trengove, Petracca and Sheil it will be a good step forward for our mids, perhaps there is a good young key defender we could land with our second rounder, or maybe we could get another top 10 pick through trading and gain young lever