POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

Thank goodness you're here, giving us more words to mark. Having WYL tell us that we're two years from extinction for the last 6 years has been nowhere near enough.

Some people live in fantasyland dont they

Thanks for that Clint looks like Trenners wasn't there. If he was he didn't perform well. But gee he is a nice sort of chap though. Not a nasty type if you know what I mean.

From reading that link can we just employ Emma Quayle part time. She seems to be on the money quite often or should I say much more often than our recruiters over the 2000's? And that would not be hard.

I think pulling names out of a hat would have been more successful than Prendergast

• Like 2

Only positive for me was our tackling and defensive pressure, our general endeavour after qtr time.

But other than that, very few positives.

Interesting to see how we go next week.

So Allen what happened the first quarter ? Were you there Did you watch them speed past us use the ball so well tackle us out of the game?

Sam Mitchell has great lateral movement, one of the best in the league. And coupled with a great footy brain make him a great player. Unfortunately Jack just looks like a plodder. Not sure where it all went wrong to be honest.

Went wrong when we picked him some on here have been banging on about him for 5 years

Having FOX is not good for me - I watch other teams and think of the 'what if....'

It's tough right now being a Dees' supporter, but the working week awaits.

We'll be right..

I've got fox too jumbo wish I didn't tbh.

Not so confident as u about "well be right".

I am at the end of my patience but realise there is nothing I can do about it and have to suck it up

Like u said the working week awaits and so does the smart arse comments from colleagues. U would think I would be used to it by now but it still FMO.

Am I the only only who gets extremely [censored] off when Trengove marks the ball and signals to slow the play down...? So often he does it. Games like today we needed to move the ball fast into the 50 before the likes of Naitanui, Cox and Sinclair were able to drop back. There is literally no logic behind slowing the play up at that stage.

Trengove used to be one of my favourite players, he is now driving me nuts. As you said today of all days we needed to move it quick and he would take a mark and slow it down. I get that we are playing possession footy but when you have run and momentum how about you try to keep it moving before they can set up a zone. What really annoyed me was once he didn't even turn to look to see if there was an option coming up the ground, he caught it and signaled to slow it down.

It's one thing to play to a plan, it's another to totally ignore all alternative options.

c)you miss the point...endurance is irrelevent if you've lost your ability to impact

he can run around all day ...for nought....pretty close to now actually

Endurance IS important but not the first requisite

Youd hardly know Trenners is out there... currently

Sorry, I honestly had no idea what you were were attempting to say.

Although, as you pointed out, it was just a throwaway line with no analysis and should have been ignored.

• Like 2

We all know that Trengove had groin injuries in his last couple of years, and tbh he doesn't look close to recovered.

I also don't think he's suited to big grounds - he has solid endurance, but cannot get across the ground with any pace whatsoever, which really limits him on grounds like the G.

Whilst we have no forward line, we are in for a world of pain. GWS will carve us up in the middle, and their forward line is what we dream about. Tom Boyd to debut next week, perhaps?

so why is he stil there?

Genuine forward pocket, HF flanker.

Needs to play deep.

Slow as, but keeps his feet, good overhead mark and fairly reliable from 30-40m out.

Let him go he is a list killer worthless

I would keep Trengove before Grimes.

His only out is that he will be injured again soon.

Then it will be "oh come on, he is injured because .... blah"

I cant believe that you cop flack for declaring that he is not up to it.

Let him go he is a list killer worthless

Id let him go...as would I Grimes ( now ) '

horrible to realise how many just arent what we need

Sorry, I honestly had no idea what you were were attempting to say.

Although, as you pointed out, it was just a throwaway line with no analysis and should have been ignored.

yes..might have required thought...some extrapolation.

sorry for my blunder

I shall endeavour to spelll out fully in little words for you lest you fail to garner the gist

Funny others understood and you didnt

Trengove did the state screening that year because he was in the SANFL GF. From memory he had a 2.97 second (ish) 20m sprint and a 15+ beep test.

His problem isn't his first few steps, it's his top end speed. That's why he looks slow in space. Trengove needs to play as an inside midfielder. The closer you get to each end of the ground the more important it is that you have pace.

I am sure you are right but Shyte we are talking a number 2 for heavens sake but then again aren't we always having the same conversations over every first rounder we have picked since 2007? I am heartily sick of it. No other club has these issues with

every first rounder do they? Some fail, some make it big time. But not our guys. It is just mediocre or failure it seems.

sorry for my blunder

I shall endeavour to spelll out fully in little words for you lest you fail to garner the gist

While you're at it, have a go at punctuation too. I find that helps me understand posts better. Then see what you can do about coherent thought. That helps me understand posts almost completely.

Thanks for your help.

While you're at it, have a go at punctuation too. I find that helps me understand posts better. Then see what you can do about coherent thought. That helps me understand posts almost completely.

Thanks for your help.

You and Rhino need a room... you can share your attitudes and possibly do a contextual comprehension workshop.

Any possibility you can refrain your pomposity and actually address the thread ?

• Like 1

We have far too many players that are below AFL standard, we don't take the game on and are far too wooden.

When we kick out from a point we have gone back to the "stop and wait for every player to be manned up", before we kick the bloody thing.

Today showed up just how much work we need to do, I thought we looked unfit compared to west Coast, they ran harder and we simply couldn't keep up.

• Like 1

i have calmed down already

Roos will cut the dead wood and develop the real players

Wholesale changes this week

We are another draft/trade period away from being a good side but we will cause some upsets in the second half of this season

• Like 1

You and Rhino need a room... you can share your attitudes and possibly do a contextual comprehension workshop.

Any possibility you can refrain your pomposity and actually address the thread ?

sorry for my blunder