Season Opener Dinner

Dee Fan

Mitch is gone. the writing is on the wall now guys. i was really optimistic until 3 weeks ago. Im reading between the lined and the font is bold. I expect a mid season retirement announcement ' due to ongoing issues with injury'

It was just announced during the Richmond v Gold Coast game that he is on leave from the club because of health issues so your probably right.

God we can not catch a break.

It was just announced during the Richmond v Gold Coast game that he is on leave from the club because of health issues so your probably right.

God we can not catch a break.

it does sound shyte, but we don't know if it Is about the Foot injury, or possibly something else ?

it does sound shyte, but we don't know if it Is about the Foot injury, or possibly something else ?

He has been injured for a season and a half now all of a sudden at the season opener he want to and I'm just quoting what Richo and the boys said after the Tigers V GC game "to take a break from footy to face some demons" .

I hate to say it and I hope Im wrong but that sounds like his heading home to think about continuing playing football.

• Like 2

Life's a [censored]!

For him or us?

Us? We'll lick our wounds, treasure the memories and watch Hogan up forward instead. If it's not Clark, it's a promising kid like Fitzy or Watts who gets a go.

For him? It's his life, passion and livelihood. A true predicament.

• Like 3

Unlike some of you, I can't get excited about Fitzpatrick. Or Watts for that matter.

nor I really :(

Unlike some of you, I can't get excited about Fitzpatrick. Or Watts for that matter.

I'm not excited about Fitzpatrick but I have an expectation that he will be a serviceable player who will maybe throw in the occasional really good game. He has to hold his marks up forward and unfortunately he has a tendency to be a bit inconsistent in that respect.

Watts; well who knows, I think he'll always be the type of player who will do well when those around him are, but if they aren't; well I wouldn't expect him to lift them.

• Like 3

I'm not excited about Fitzpatrick but I have an expectation that he will be a serviceable player who will maybe throw in the occasional really good game. He has to hold his marks up forward and unfortunately he has a tendency to be a bit inconsistent in that respect.

Watts; well who knows, I think he'll always be the type of player who will do well when those around him are, but if they aren't; well I wouldn't expect him to lift them.

I still fully believe a year in the forward line and Watts could snag us a good amount of goals, he lacks the physicality to be a mid

I didn't go to the commencement dinner.

My smart arse remarks cost me big time.

I'm up in Port Douglas enjoying the company of my beautiful wife.

Getting ready for Dinner at Nautilus.

Weather is a mild 31.

F1 just finished well done Ricciardo on the podium finish.

Weather is a mild 31.

you did well!

Weather is a mild 31.

Nautilus; isn't that the really expensive restaurant on the hill running up from McCrossan street?

Nautilus; isn't that the really expensive restaurant on the hill running up from McCrossan street?

Yes it is.

Such a beautiful setting in the Rain forest.

Food was amazing, wine was as all wine should be.

Service was spot on.

The stroll down the path afterwards was a little difficult.

Recovery session today. Then off to Harrison's the French Restaurant Tuesday night.

Flight home Wednesday. The good lady will go back to work Thursday.

Duty calls for me, I must attend a lunch with mates at the Magpie & Stump at Wandong.

Chicken Parma, salad and chips would be my guess.

Life is pretty good even after some smart remarks.

All I need is a win at Etihad, pie and chips and it tops off a great week.

I saw PR's and GB's speeches posted on the site.
Did anyone read what they were saying as a bit of a 'warning shot'?
Lots of talk about quiet boards and football being about the on-field product.
I remember Alan Stockdale was quite anti PJ for a while there (or at least the powers he was being given) and was threatening to go to an election.
Or maybe it was more a general comment. Ever since 1996, I can't remember a time when some political ticket or off field personality didn't take precedence over the actual playing group.

Yes it is.

Such a beautiful setting in the Rain forest.

Food was amazing, wine was as all wine should be.

Service was spot on.

The stroll down the path afterwards was a little difficult.

Recovery session today. Then off to Harrison's the French Restaurant Tuesday night.

Flight home Wednesday. The good lady will go back to work Thursday.

Duty calls for me, I must attend a lunch with mates at the Magpie & Stump at Wandong.

Chicken Parma, salad and chips would be my guess.

Life is pretty good even after some smart remarks.

All I need is a win at Etihad, pie and chips and it tops off a great week.

I've been up there a few times and been frightened off by the pricing but maybe next time I'll give it a go.

Sounds like you've got a hell of a week ahead and I'm starting to get worried about the Etihad game so I hope that doesn't put a damper on it.

I think you would have enjoyed the night it was the best one I've been to in many a year, as Roos said all about the players and a great setting looking out over the G, hope they have all the functions there in future, it sends a shiver up your spine looking out over the ground.

I've been up there a few times and been frightened off by the pricing but maybe next time I'll give it a go.

Sounds like you've got a hell of a week ahead and I'm starting to get worried about the Etihad game so I hope that doesn't put a damper on it.

I think you would have enjoyed the night it was the best one I've been to in many a year, as Roos said all about the players and a great setting looking out over the G, hope they have all the functions there in future, it sends a shiver up your spine looking out over the ground.

Imagine the feeling when we start winning games there Robbie!

I don't think my imagination is much better.

Unfortunately I think it is another year off.

The closer we get to the start of the season the more injuries we seem to have and the less likelihood we will win our opening game. We seem to be falling in to the usual scenario with our better players off the park.

I wonder if when Roos took on the job he would have envisaged the list being decimated as it has been, his statement the other night that he was happy with the list may have been accurate at the time but is it now.