Paul Roos preseason update

What

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what we are seeing at training, getting them used to the game style running

Won't be at the last training session unfortunately, have done a fetlock....trying too hard when you are old....

"You have got to understand your limitations" Saty

"You have got to understand your limitations" Saty

I painfully know that now.

Back on topic, think the Neeld bashing was old hat again in this topic, just good to see the training watchers have been seeing what Roos is saying, saw Riley being sent away the other week, tried to sneak a bit more outdoors in and wasn't allowed, the comments about Vince, Cross and Tyson.......and the best bit.....ok first year players, show me you want to be in the first team

I painfully know that now.

Back on topic, think the Neeld bashing was old hat again in this topic, just good to see the training watchers have been seeing what Roos is saying, saw Riley being sent away the other week, tried to sneak a bit more outdoors in and wasn't allowed, the comments about Vince, Cross and Tyson.......and the best bit.....ok first year players, show me you want to be in the first team

Yep, have to agree here 'Sat'. Time to move on, the reports have been encouraging and my hopes are up again. It's been a rubbish year on all fronts for me so onward and upward in 2014.

''Neeld bashing'' ? Clearly when discussing present training programs, fitness levels, skills, and gains made it's going to be measured against the past, in which case previous methods may be (correctly) scrutinised.

As an aside, Neeld's horrible legacy shouldn't be forgotten and as a long suffering supporter I won't begrudge others expressing disdain for Neeld, Schwab, Bailey and those that appointed them. I find it churlish for others to make recommendations as to when posters can and can't make such observations.

If others want to ''move on'' that's up to them. I'll please myself.

''Neeld bashing'' ? Clearly when discussing present training programs, fitness levels, skills, and gains made it's going to be measured against the past, in which case previous methods may be (correctly) scrutinised.

As an aside, Neeld's horrible legacy shouldn't be forgotten and as a long suffering supporter I won't begrudge others expressing disdain for Neeld, Schwab, Bailey and those that appointed them. I find it churlish for others to make recommendations as to when posters can and can't make such observations.

If others want to ''move on'' that's up to them. I'll please myself.[/quote

LIKE!

I agree that we can discuss the mistakes of the past.

We don't need to make past employees villians however, and while 'expressing disdain' can be done in a respectful, and yet still forceful manner, it easily becomes crass and vitriolic.

Poster should "move on" from that.

The only time I will get into this is when people start to re invent history as some started recently. It has been a terrible period for the club and the only thing to come out of it should be lessons learned.

Jackson and Roos are pushing forward and I'm on board for that, I do understand the angst with the past but it will eat away if it's not left to rest. That's what it does to me anyway, I get so angry when I think about it that I chose to leave it be.

I just find it all a bit pointless, but then again, a lot of what is posted on here is anyway

Why should Neeld's legacy not be forgotten by the supporters on Demonland or supporters in general? We should wallow in our angst rather than look forward to a bright new era?

Yes, I can understand the thought that maybe the club should use that period as a line in the sand that we should never cross again, but how does it help us supporters? How does it help us here on Demonland to hear the same bile soaked commentary on past leaders of the club over and over again?

Sorry, but I find it far more churlish to think that it is yours or anybody else's right to continually sidetrack discussions on this forum with attacks on past administrations. Sure, compare tactics, training regimens etc, but keep the petty stuff out of it.

Yes, I can understand the thought that maybe the club should use that period as a line in the sand that we should never cross again, but how does it help us supporters? How does it help us here on Demonland to hear the same bile soaked commentary on past leaders of the club over and over again?

Who cares how it ''helps'' ? Every second post is laced with opinions that don't match mine, but I rarely feel the need to challenge them.

You're happy to engage in bile soaked commentary regarding Tony Abbott on the General Board, but less tolerant to hear such views about Neeld on what is in essence a football forum. Hypocritical sentiments of the highest order.

You're just happy to read what you like and get sick of reading what you don't like. I read stuff I don't like all of the time, but at least appreciate the rights of the poster to make them. Just as you've got the right to complain. No matter how boring your nagging may seem.

Who cares how it ''helps'' ? Every second post is laced with opinions that don't match mine, but I rarely feel the need to challenge them.

You're happy to engage in bile soaked commentary regarding Tony Abbott on the General Board, but less tolerant to hear such views about Neeld on what is in essence a football forum. Hypocritical sentiments of the highest order.

You're just happy to read what you like and get sick of reading what you don't like. I read stuff I don't like all of the time, but at least appreciate the rights of the poster to make them. Just as you've got the right to complain. No matter how boring your nagging may seem.

Wow........somebody dared disagree with you.........we need to get back in our boxes and put the lids down...............if you must wear a hair shirt feel free

I agree that we can discuss the mistakes of the past.

We don't need to make past employees villians however, and while 'expressing disdain' can be done in a respectful, and yet still forceful manner, it easily becomes crass and vitriolic.

Poster should "move on" from that.

Just as we can discuss the joys of the Smith / Cardwell era.....and the gut wrenching foibles of Dr Duffy and his lynch mob.

And in discussing the Smith era, we can also say quite rightly that Mr Roos has a hell of a lot to live up to if he is to be ever held in the same awe as Mr Smith.