• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Campbell Brown sacked!

stuie

Cops don't get respect just because they are cops.

They have to display civility in order to receive it.

Unfortunately, many are pigs who crave respect they never got at school.

Cops should be belittled,abused,pushed and punched when they initiate confrontation in the same manner.

Often they don't know the law and their place in it.

There's good and bad within any group. But these are the guys that will put their lives on the line to protect us and are called on do some of the worst jobs imaginable. I've seen one guy join the police as a happy-go-lucky character. 6 mths later he was still a really nice guy but you could tell he had to face up to some harrowing situations. I've also seen smart-A's trying to provoke police relentlessly without the police reacting. And how many people would still be alive if they paid heed to a cop's warnings?

Edited by Courtney_Fish

Add me to the list of people that think your attitude totally sucks. I've never met a policeman who treated me with anything but total respect.

Isn't it strange how all the people who whinge about the behaviour of our police force all seem to exhibit similar traits to each other? Those who treat police with respect get treated with respect in return. Those who think "cops should be belittled, abused, pushed and punched" clearly don't understand the law or their place in a civilised society, and frankly I don't blame our police for treating people like you however they deem it necessary in order to maintain their authority and safety.

you omitted the end of my sentence auto-which was crucial .

Unless you like living in a police state where this is tolerated.

I have seen some heavy handed policing.

I don't advocate treating them this way unless it is INITIATED BY THEM.

FYI-I don't treat police this way but i wont be bullied either.

You've missed and changed the point-which is what happens in police states.

Countless corruption and violent charges against the Police in this country prove my point .

I am not an anarchist for insisting they act with the same civility they expect from the public .

As for "people like me"there are many that would prefer they stop beating, tasering , and murdering the citizenry so frequently.

• Like 1

As for "people like me"there are many that would prefer they stop beating, tasering , and murdering the citizenry so frequently.

Wow. Just wow.

I guess if I asked you for proof of this "murdering the citizenry" you would say it's all been hidden and it's a conspiracy....

I cannot believe the moral panic that Biffen has stirred up. Some of you poor bastards will accept anything and question nothing. Of course coppers must be questioned. Just as shifty accountants and priests who [censored] little boys must be called to question. If society does not question then we deserve what we get - that may be painfull and it may be up the arse.

I cannot believe the moral panic that Biffen has stirred up. Some of you poor bastards will accept anything and question nothing. Of course coppers must be questioned. Just as shifty accountants and priests who [censored] little boys must be called to question. If society does not question then we deserve what we get - that may be painfull and it may be up the arse.

Thank you for your support BBO ,although I know you secretly harbour a penchant for anything in a uniform,like Stu.

Stuie in the "Blue Oyster Bar" the stuff of dreams.

Not as off topic as it may appear BBO.

Wasn't there a "lads" bar that stood up to the police somewhere in the state.The Stonewall or something.

I had my odd run in with the police over the years. Some cops once tried to get me to sign a blank statement and gave me a few whacks to persuade me. Sure I was guilty but held my nerve. The physical persuasion didn't work so they gave up and we had a nice chat about fast cars and girls whilst they drove me home 20km at 4am. BTW I don't have any convictions. if people act like idiots they will be treated like idiots. Cops are human too and react to provacations just like any person. Most cops don't make it a habit of harrassing innocent people or sensible miscreants. CB is an idiot and any issues he has with the police would most likely be caused by him.

Edited by america de cali

Not as off topic as it may appear BBO.

Wasn't there a "lads" bar that stood up to the police somewhere in the state.The Stonewall or something.

Yes some [censored] happened in New York many years ago at a bar called Stonewall something in Geenwich village new York. Maybe that spawned the village people?

With respect to you all, except Stuie, there are a lot of police who are to willing to initiate aggression towards members of the public and over using force .

I give respect to most policeman ,until they take it away from themselves.

I know my rights is my point and I live within the law.

I don't know the Campbell Brown story so I can't comment on that .

When cops behave as corporate security guards against citizens protesting anything i have an issue with them and their use of force ,as in other situations i have seen .

That is my opinion on the cops.

So why are you posting on this thread? Maybe you are following the wrong code? With you attitude against authority, perhaps you should be following Victory or the Wanderers when you may find supporters with a similar view.

I'll question the police. I'm glad we have police integrity departments, media scrutiny and if it comes to it public outcry and protest such as what happened in North Queensland. But I can't remember the last time in Victoria there was even question over police using excessive force in a fatality. Yet as Stuie pointed out just last week 3 police got put into the Alfred ICU with severe burns just doing their job.

Biffen wasn't promoting that we hold police accountable through protest but was actually suggesting that when a protest gets unruly that instead of backing down that when cops come in to control things that they should be abused and punched.

He's obviously had a bad experience at a trade union, G8, save the trees, Tecoma maccas protest etc. I understand that's a trick situation where the cops move in to disseminate what usually start as peaceful protests but the other thing to realise in most of these cases is that the courts +/- have made a decision.

Want to live somewhere where the law can encroach upon you? Move to North Korea when your own nephew can execute you when he feels like it.

• Like 2

I'll question the police. I'm glad we have police integrity departments, media scrutiny and if it comes to it public outcry and protest such as what happened in North Queensland. But I can't remember the last time in Victoria there was even question over police using excessive force in a fatality. Yet as Stuie pointed out just last week 3 police got put into the Alfred ICU with severe burns just doing their job.

Biffen wasn't promoting that we hold police accountable through protest but was actually suggesting that when a protest gets unruly that instead of backing down that when cops come in to control things that they should be abused and punched.

He's obviously had a bad experience at a trade union, G8, save the trees, Tecoma maccas protest etc. I understand that's a trick situation where the cops move in to disseminate what usually start as peaceful protests but the other thing to realise in most of these cases is that the courts +/- have made a decision.

Want to live somewhere where the law can encroach upon you? Move to North Korea when your own nephew can execute you when he feels like it.

I would possibly reply to this post, but, just at the moment I cannot find a translator to to tell me what you are saying.

Have another try Master.

• Like 1

I never wanted him at the MFC but after 1 big mistake in LA and only some other minor stuff over the course of his career I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as a person and thought he could have a bit of a media career and redeem his image. But after your horse has won and you are having a good night to start pissing off the cops and get arrested is just utter stupidity. It's hardly huge criminal behaviour but people disrespecting the cops really pisses me off so if his reputation stays in the gutter I'm not too concerned.

Minor stuff???

I'll question the police. I'm glad we have police integrity departments, media scrutiny and if it comes to it public outcry and protest such as what happened in North Queensland. But I can't remember the last time in Victoria there was even question over police using excessive force in a fatality.

I'm guessing the parents of the teenage boy that was shot dead surrounded by a ring police at the scate park behind Northcote Plaza in 2008 might disagree. Seven shots fired into him, he didn't have a gun. I'm not supporting Biff's antics, but in a truly healthy society, we should feel it is our right to question the authorities that control us, to ensure accountability. I don't put my life on the line for my job, but it's always good to question and make sure those that do are doing it for the right reasons.

• Like 1

Funny you mention the G8-a good mate of mine was assaulted by 3 cops trying to enter his workplace in the city ,didn't even know it was on.

People have a right to protest peacefully and stand their ground.

So by your logic,if they do this,they should move to Nth Korea so they have less rights.

Or should society just accept whatever is dished up by the govt and/or private corporation using the police "to control things".

Minor stuff???

The trouble on a footy trip in Asia, a boozy night out at Hawthorn and on field suspensions for some rough but not super shocking incidents I would count as minor stuff. I'd say up until these last two incidents Campbell Brown, whilst not a cleanskin was a pretty decent citizen and hardly a footy bad boy.

I'm guessing the parents of the teenage boy that was shot dead surrounded by a ring police at the scate park behind Northcote Plaza in 2008 might disagree. Seven shots fired into him, he didn't have a gun. I'm not supporting Biff's antics, but in a truly healthy society, we should feel it is our right to question the authorities that control us, to ensure accountability. I don't put my life on the line for my job, but it's always good to question and make sure those that do are doing it for the right reasons.

IIRC he had a big knife and wasn't afraid to use it and there was scrutiny and the relevant inquiry in to the polices actions. I'm sure the family were upset but most people in society accepted the police were not unreasonable but needed further mental health training which they got.

• Like 1

IIRC he had a big knife and wasn't afraid to use it and there was scrutiny and the relevant inquiry in to the polices actions. I'm sure the family were upset but most people in society accepted the police were not unreasonable but needed further mental health training which they got.

Classic.

Funny you mention the G8-a good mate of mine was assaulted by 3 cops trying to enter his workplace in the city ,didn't even know it was on.

People have a right to protest peacefully and stand their ground.

So by your logic,if they do this,they should move to Nth Korea so they have less rights.

Or should society just accept whatever is dished up by the govt and/or private corporation using the police "to control things".

I mentioned G8 and some of those other protests as they are controversial I agree. Your mate was either incredibly unlucky, reasonably stupid (did he miss a giant protest) or tried to take a short cut passed police to his job and the on edge police (as protesters are often violent at those sorts of protests) weren't in the mood for smart alecs.

People sure have the right to stand their ground but they don't have the right to interrupt others going about their business. Surely you agree with that. You can't picket my driveway for the sake of protest and stop me leaving my house.

My point is if you don't like your freedoms then maybe think about the rest of the world. As I said the police gets used to control things when the government or courts dictate that what others are doing needs protecting/policing. Your right is to vote. Actually your right is to even run for office. We've just elected a senator for the motoring enthusiasts. If you feel like starting a party that decreases the number of police or what they can do then good luck to you.

Yes he had a knife, and asked the police to shoot him. He was 15, surrounded by trained police pointing guns who used disproportionate force and shot him 7 times. They needed more than mental health training, they needed common sense training.

But that's way off track from Campbell Brown....

Classic.

This reporting seems to back my recollection pretty well. But yeah good argument.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/two-knives-three-alarmed-police-officers-and-a-scared-little-boy-lies-dead-in-seconds-20081212-6xnm.html

Yes he had a knife, and asked the police to shoot him. He was 15, surrounded by trained police pointing guns who used disproportionate force and shot him 7 times. They needed more than mental health training, they needed common sense training.

Well Moon if you were creative, you could have returned to topic by suggesting the police might have shot Campbell Brown the other night.

I mentioned G8 and some of those other protests as they are controversial I agree. Your mate was either incredibly unlucky, reasonably stupid (did he miss a giant protest) or tried to take a short cut passed police to his job and the on edge police (as protesters are often violent at those sorts of protests) weren't in the mood for smart alecs.

People sure have the right to stand their ground but they don't have the right to interrupt others going about their business. Surely you agree with that. You can't picket my driveway for the sake of protest and stop me leaving my house.

My point is if you don't like your freedoms then maybe think about the rest of the world. As I said the police gets used to control things when the government or courts dictate that what others are doing needs protecting/policing. Your right is to vote. Actually your right is to even run for office. We've just elected a senator for the motoring enthusiasts. If you feel like starting a party that decreases the number of police or what they can do then good luck to you.

I can picket your driveway to stop you leaving your house but I would expect to be run over.

If i was gathered with several thousand others to protest on public land I would expect to do it unmolested by authorities.

The kid who got shot was an example of terrible policing but there are many more example of good cops I am sure so lets put it to bed or I will be down that driveway burning effigies and making placards as quick as a wink.

You go on about the 7 times. They went against procedure with a warning shot after 2 rounds of capsicum spray then they used lethal force. There is no recommended number of shots. They shot him once. Lethal force is exactly that. Police don't get to pick and chose between 1 bullet to a non lethal area or 7 lethally. I believe it was actually 10 shots by 4 police of which 5 hit him. In some ways that is reassuring that the police were so concerned for their safety and that of the communities that 4 of them made a decision. You say it was the wrong one and I hope it was as well because that means things can change in the future but unless you were there how do you know? If you were a cop and someone ran at you with a knife and you had already used capsicum spray twice would you get willingly be stabbed or reach for your weapon?