Jnr MacDonald knocked back coaching gig at dees

Norm Smith's Curse

The whole scenario is only blown up now because of how poor we've been and how bad our culture has now become. I still believe it was the right decision just handled poorly.

Boston Celtics just traded out its franchise player Paul Pierce as it goes into a rebuild. Players aren't always going to understand the reason they've been let got, that's why their footballers not managers.. If Junior still holds a grudge I honestly believe he's the one who should look in the mirror and reassess whether now at GWS he'd keep Chad Cornes for another year. It sucked but move on mate you were a great club man, get back on good terms with the Dees.

. If Junior still holds a grudge I honestly believe he's the one who should look in the mirror and reassess whether now at GWS he'd keep Chad Cornes for another year. It sucked but move on mate you were a great club man, get back on good terms with the Dees.

Sauce on the grudge?

FWIW, while I like some agreed with the Junior decision at the time, hindsight suggest that it was handled poorly and was a wrong decision. Given the leadership vacuum it left, Junior should have been maintained for 12 months further.

Sauce on the grudge?

FWIW, while I like some agreed with the Junior decision at the time, hindsight suggest that it was handled poorly and was a wrong decision. Given the leadership vacuum it left, Junior should have been maintained for 12 months further.

I find a grudge goes well with tomato, sometimes barbeque.

• Like 1

Those who have been involved with GWS in its infancy seem to be enjoying their time there and want to be part of the club's successes.

IIRC, Chad Cornes and Dean Brogan are sticking around after their retirements to help out, too.

Being overpaid and living in Sydney also helps.

Lets not forget we gave Junior his start in AFL football when no one else wanted him and we made him captain of the club as well. Junior was past it but wanted to play on, but don't they all? Ox was dirty at the club when he was asked to quit as were Ooze and Robbo and White but they were not given a look in by any other club and if not for the fact that GWS stuffed up and had no senior players on their list neither would Junior.

The handling of the matter was poor but if Junior wants to do a Bartlett then I for one wouldn't want him back. I just hope he remembers who gave him the opportunity in the first place and where his roots are and it's certainly not in some god forsaken backwater like Western Sydney. Up to you Junior.

Keeping up the fine Demonland art of pedantry, I will now question the underlined bit Robbie. I believe Ox knew he was shot (he was in way over his head with the punt and his body was breaking down too) and told ND he should retire. He said in his book that Neale said completely dispassionately 'That would be a bloody good idea' (there are less PG versions of this story doing the rounds as well).

Lets not forget we gave Junior his start in AFL football when no one else wanted him and we made him captain of the club as well. Junior was past it but wanted to play on, but don't they all? Ox was dirty at the club when he was asked to quit as were Ooze and Robbo and White but they were not given a look in by any other club and if not for the fact that GWS stuffed up and had no senior players on their list neither would Junior.

The handling of the matter was poor but if Junior wants to do a Bartlett then I for one wouldn't want him back. I just hope he remembers who gave him the opportunity in the first place and where his roots are and it's certainly not in some god forsaken backwater like Western Sydney. Up to you Junior.

Well, just maybe Junior is remembering who took him in when he was no longer wanted and unceremoniously dumped. Perhaps the fact that GWS had faith in him and reaffirmed that faith by giving him an assistant coaching role, means that Junior feels not only an obligation, but a desire to continue his contribution.

The fact that he was at the Blueys would indicate that he is not bearing any kind of a grudge, and the fact that he sees fit to continue helping the club that threw him a lifeline speaks volumes for his character. I have nothing but admiration for his choice.

• Like 5

Events of the past couple of weeks show we are not the only ones having had to make tough calls on favorite sons careers being ended before they thought their time was up

Reference: Cross, Daniel. Didak, Alan. Jolly, Darren.

Its a tough ruthless business nowadays.

I wish Junior the best of luck, he doesnt owe us anything, and nor do we with him.

Keeping up the fine Demonland art of pedantry, I will now question the underlined bit Robbie. I believe Ox knew he was shot (he was in way over his head with the punt and his body was breaking down too) and told ND he should retire. He said in his book that Neale said completely dispassionately 'That would be a bloody good idea' (there are less PG versions of this story doing the rounds as well).

That's my understanding Colin re Ox.

Macca will be worth more to the MFC when his time at GWS is over. He is assisting building a club from scratch, and will be a better coach and asset to a club for going through that process. Todd Viney was at the Hawks and Crows before coming back to the dees. Spending time at another club is what helped Todd get a better understanding of footy outside the club he played at.

Macca will be back one day. His axing will leave a bad taste in his mouth for a while, but he was a captain of this club. He will always love the MFC.