Hogan Vs Daniher Vs Boyd Vs Patton

PartyTimeJohnny

I've only seen Hogan play twice, once on the box and once at Vic Park.

In the televised game, he could have easily kicked ten goals, had he managed to hang on to marks that on other days would have stuck.

At Vic Park, the thing that stood out was his speed over the last ten metres to get to the drop of the ball. He hits those packs at serious pace.

That, and his swagger.

IF (yeah, yeah) we get Pick 1 then there is no right or wrong decision on what we do with that pick - only what we do with that pick.

Do we go Boyd?

Do we get two mids with 1 and 3?

Do we trade for a young midfield star to be?

Each hypothetical has merit and downside, each one will be judged over time, each one will be seen as an important decision for our future.

Roos wrote in that article from months ago, when he was obviously starting to get his head around coaching in 2014, that he would trade either or both for established midfielders but when push comes to shove you don't want be a pushover.

You obviously haven't been a long term reader of this forum......."judged over time"!!! The first mark he drops, the first goal he misses, some morons here will label his as "a spud", "wrong pick"...etc etc

IF we are to get pick 1, I'm warming to the idea of using it on Boyd.

Otherwise, we'd want to get a hell of a lot for it, if we trade it.

Pick 1 for Sam Mayes and pick 8?

Pick 1 for MacRae and pick 5?

Pick 1 for Armitage and pick 4?

Pick 1 for Yarran and pick 12?

Pick 1 for Scooter Selwood and pick 7?

We'd be playing hardball, any way it goes.

what about pick 1 for Rory Sloane?

i'd take that as a done deal

The problem is see with selecting Boyd ourselves is potentially creating a glut of tall forwards, meaning a kid gets to the point where he is frustrated and wants to move on due to lack of opportunity.

I guess if they are that good (as they look to be) Hogan and Boyd would quickly force Dawes and even Clark out of the side.

I just wonder if that asset could be used to significantly better our midfield much quicker.

i.e. for an equally significant talent, just midfield-based rather than KPF

The problem is see with selecting Boyd ourselves is potentially creating a glut of tall forwards, meaning a kid gets to the point where he is frustrated and wants to move on due to lack of opportunity.

I guess if they are that good (as they look to be) Hogan and Boyd would quickly force Dawes and even Clark out of the side.

I just wonder if that asset could be used to significantly better our midfield much quicker.

Injuries have been doing that pretty well so far :-((

And, on the subject of injury, are there any updates on Jessie's knee?

• Like 1

Not enough.

The crows would have to find more for us.

Maybe for Brad Crouch & a 2nd rounder?

I'd accept that.

I'd be happy with just Crouch in return. Absolute gun. Still think we should draft Boyd instead though.

• Like 1

If Boyd and Hogan forced Dawes and Clark out of the side then i suspect that Casey might end up with a Premiership before us [maybe as a reward for developing Hogan for us this year]. Frankly, B&H are much likely to be long-term prospects and have much more upside as younger, fitter and absolute guns. With picks 3 & 20 left and with the prospect of some mids wanting to get onboard during the trading period, we will stilltrade/recruit some ready to go midfielders [in addition to Voney, Jones, a fitter Trengove and Toumpas each a year more developed after a pre-season under Roos]

Edited by CBDees

Best thing, he is on top in aggression and they were always saying "loves to contest"

Reminds me of a young David Schwarz, I saw most of his early games and he was really aggressive and had to be quietened down by Lyon at times.

Would be happy if Hogan turned out to be the player Schwarz should/would have been if he didn't suffer those injuries.

I feel sorry for Daniher as the next couple of years will be hard at Messendon.

Which Daniher do you feel sorry for, the player or the caretaker coach?

Which Daniher do you feel sorry for, the player or the caretaker coach?

Members, Supporters, Players and other innocent people at Messendon.

This whole affair is a disgrace

Not enough.

The crows would have to find more for us.

Maybe for Brad Crouch & a 2nd rounder?

I'd accept that.

Crouch wouldn't be worth pick 1 and a second round pick.

Adelaide wont give him up.

The kids a freak