Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Extracts from http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Files/EssendonFC-notice-of-charges.pdf

"

The redacted side effect refers to Hird suffering from priapism. The earlier copy I read was not redacted. The highlights are mine.
Spin it how you like Hird has to go.

Nuts, totally nuts. How can he say he takes full responsibility then act the way he has, like a sorned lover. All of this after he was warned by the AFL and implored to report anything he came across in relation to peptides to the AFL, BEFORE he employed Robinson and Dank? F me.

Extracts from the ASADA site

"Your responsibility -
Under the World Anti-Doping Code strict liability principle, athletes are ultimately responsible
for any substance found in their body, regardless of how it got there.
Ignorance will not be an accepted excuse. "
There are eight ways in which an athlete or support person can breach the Code, or commit an Anti-Doping Rule Violation.
2. Use or attempted use by an athlete of a prohibited substance or prohibited method.
6. Possession of prohibited substances and prohibited methods.
7. Trafficking or attempted trafficking in any prohibited substance or prohibited method.
8. Administration or attempted administration to any athlete in-competition of any prohibited method or prohibited substance, or administration or attempted administration to any athlete out-of-competition of any prohibited method or any prohibited substance that is prohibited out-of-competition, or assisting, encouraging, aiding, abetting, covering up or any other type of complicity involving an Anti-Doping Rule Violation or any attempted Anti-Doping Rule Violation. "

Number 8 is a doozy. or any attempted Anti-Doping Rule Violation

Where are the records EFC? Where are the records Dank?

Guilty, guilty, guilty.

Nuts, totally nuts. How can he say he takes full responsibility then act the way he has, like a sorned lover. All of this after he was warned by the AFL and implored to report anything he came across in relation to peptides to the AFL, BEFORE he employed Robinson and Dank? F me.

That's why earlier I said. "This is true evil at work, and we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg". These people are crooks.

• Like 2

The redacted side effect refers to Hird suffering from priapism. The earlier copy I read was not redacted. The highlights are mine.

Had to look it up.

taken me 5 mins to write this now i have stopped laughing

• Like 1

expected nothing.

got nothing

I think the funny part of this jazza was Little pretending last week that something might happen.

As long as Hird says nothing he is safe.

The agreement only refers to him keeping his mouth shut.

Wife and assorted hangers on can keep on keeping on.

If they try and terminate him for what others say he has them cold and they know it.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

all except for the bloke with the priapism :lol:

Surely you are being a bit hard-on him :-)

• Like 2

Extracts from http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Files/EssendonFC-notice-of-charges.pdf

"The AFL charges

Conduct unbecoming or likely to prejudice the interests or reputation of the Australian
Football League or to bring the game of football into disrepute"
19. On 5 August 2011 Hird was interviewed by an officer of ASADA and an officer of the
AFL Integrity Unit in relation to his recent informal inquiry of an ASADA representative
as to whether any AFL clubs were using peptides. During that meeting Hird was
informed by the AFL’s Manager Integrity Services that peptides were a serious risk to the
integrity of the AFL, in the same category as steroids and HGH and implored Hird to
report to the AFL if he came across any information relating to peptides. Corcoran and
Hamilton were both present at the meeting.
32. Dank was offered the role, commencing on 4 November 2011. The usual human
resources processes for the employment of Dank were not followed. No background
checks were conducted with his former employers. Little, if any, consideration was given
to his outside business interests and the conflicts that may thereby arise.
45. Hird was aware that, to his knowledge, Robinson took no record of the details of the
provision of the substance to Hird.
46. Following his self-administration of injections of Melanotan II Hird suffered REDACTED
side effects. REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED
REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED.
47. REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED.
48. Notwithstanding his first-hand experience of the unsatisfactory manner in which
Robinson supplied substances to be injected at the Club, including the fact that he had
suffered side effects about which he had not been warned, Hird did not recognise or
respond to the indication that the supplements program potentially posed a risk to the
players’ health, welfare and safety.
55. In the period between 13 January 2012 and 15 January 2012 Reid expressed his concern
to Hird and to Hamilton that players had been getting injections of a peptide that he knew
nothing about while the players and he had been told that they were getting vitamins and
amino acids.
67. On 8 February 2012, at a meeting of players of the Club, Dank introduced four substances
that were purportedly approved for use in accordance with the Protocol, namely:
(a) AOD-9604;
(b) Thymosin;
© Colostrum; and
(d) Tribulus.
68. Following that meeting, 38 players at the Club signed “Patient Information/Informed
Consent” forms in relation to these four substances. In relation to these substances, those
38 players agreed to:
(a) one AOD-9604 injection per week for the season;
(b) one Thymosin injection once a week for six weeks and then one injection per
month;
© two Colostrum daily in each training week and two colostrum post-game. The
dose may vary according to training needs; and
(d) one Tribulus forte daily in each training week and one Tribulus prior to the game.
The dose may vary according to training needs.
69. If the dosages the subject of the “Patient Information/Informed Consent” forms were
administered, the playing group would receive in the order of:
(a) more than 1,500 injections of AOD-9064 and Thymosin; and
(b) more than 16,500 doses of Colostrum; and
© more than 8,000 doses of Tribulus. "

priapism..No wonder Tania thought here was nothing wrong with the program ha ha ha

• Like 1

This is my mail...

The board want to get rid of Hird but can't without costing $2m+ They will meet tomorrow and get JH to sign an agreement that he and his 'supporters' will quit commenting over the affair. If he or his supporters breach that they will bin him.

I would add that if the ASADA report nails JH they will also bin him as well but it won't cost them anything as that would be a clear breach of contract.

Bump my own post. Nail. head.

Extracts from the ASADA site

"Your responsibility -

Under the World Anti-Doping Code strict liability principle, athletes are ultimately responsible

for any substance found in their body, regardless of how it got there.

Ignorance will not be an accepted excuse. "

http://www.asada.gov.au/rules_and_violations/8_rule_violations.html

There are eight ways in which an athlete or support person can breach the Code, or commit an Anti-Doping Rule Violation.

2. Use or attempted use by an athlete of a prohibited substance or prohibited method.

6. Possession of prohibited substances and prohibited methods.

7. Trafficking or attempted trafficking in any prohibited substance or prohibited method.

8. Administration or attempted administration to any athlete in-competition of any prohibited method or prohibited substance, or administration or attempted administration to any athlete out-of-competition of any prohibited method or any prohibited substance that is prohibited out-of-competition, or assisting, encouraging, aiding, abetting, covering up or any other type of complicity involving an Anti-Doping Rule Violation or any attempted Anti-Doping Rule Violation. "

Number 8 is a doozy. or any attempted Anti-Doping Rule Violation

Where are the records EFC? Where are the records Dank?

Guilty, guilty, guilty.

So let's get this right. An anti doping rule violation occurs even when an athlete attempts to use a prohibited substance. Is not the signing of a waiver form giving the athlete's club the right to administer a substance which is prohibited considered an "attempt to use"?

As a player Hird had the utmost respect from me. All now undone!

I have never witnessed in playing and following the game for over 50 years that a single person is bigger than the whole football organisation.

Outside of a very naive Essendon football club, Hird is poorly regarded due to his extreme hubris.

I have no doubt that this will eventually bring the bummers back to a bottom 4 team where they will remain for a decade. Not immediately as they have a good list with resilience, but this will pass.

Hirds hubris will haunt his club well into the future.

• Like 1

never in the history of the game has a club held 6 meetings for parents before.

i find it tragic whats happened,but bottom line .

guilty your honour.

this whole episode is just ,put the blame onto somebody else.

legalities are for university trained smart alecs to make money from.

rules are made to keep the average in line.

guilty as charged,players,coaching staff,and all penaties accepted.

no more excuses.

i want action and i want it on april 17th

thought it was worth reposting after last nights revelation.

So let's get this right. An anti doping rule violation occurs even when an athlete attempts to use a prohibited substance. Is not the signing of a waiver form giving the athlete's club the right to administer a substance which is prohibited considered an "attempt to use"?

I would think so.