Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Sorry to bring in reality but wasn't Danks alighned to 9 and 14 also ?

Was the sudden departure of 2 longstanding medicos not just a little bit suss?

I admit I don't know a lot about the Saad case, but was the evidence against him stronger than against the Bummers? If not, it doesn't bode well for them.

From what I've read from the papers it was pretty clear cut.

He took a non-match day only supplement, by a supplement company he is sponsored by, on a match day.

18 month suspension, back dated so 16 months from now for a single event involving one person and an energy drink. Imagine the penalties for a systematic, structured drug program involving tens of thousands of dollars, an entire team and multiple banned, performance enhancing drugs.

From what I've read from the papers it was pretty clear cut.

He took a non-match day only supplement, by a supplement company he is sponsored by, on a match day.

18 month suspension, back dated so 16 months from now for a single event involving one person and an energy drink. Imagine the penalties for a systematic, structured drug program involving tens of thousands of dollars, an entire team and multiple banned, performance enhancing drugs.

Thanks for that PJ... with Danks more than likely to be dragged before ASADA in the next couple of months (according to the Hun late last week), things should start to get very interesting.

Sorry to bring in reality but wasn't Danks alighned to 9 and 14 also ?Was the sudden departure of 2 longstanding medicos not just a little bit suss?

Not quite reality but a couple of our players are likely to come under scrutiny because of an alleged connection between Dank and one of our club doctors (Bate) who held the position for a brief time. From reports I've read the doctor prescribed a cream that is freely available from chemists on the recommendation of Dank. We don't know if the player ever used the cream but there is a chance that he might be in some strife if a case is made out against him. We simply don't know enough about the facts at this stage.

As far as I'm aware Dank and supplements had nothing to do with the departure of Andrew Daff and another long standing doctor or that any other MFC officials or staff other than Dr. Bate was involved.

Nevertheless, if we're found to have breached rules, either on a governance level or through use of banned substances, we'll have to cop our whack and let's hope we don't behave as disfracefully as <redacted>, <redacted> and <redacted>.

Those who by nature fly too high , too close to the sun are bound to be burnt and fall hard.

So be it

Classical allusions on Demonland, BB? Wonders will never cease! :-)

They-said-we.jpg

Hey Frog good to see someones awake . How much do you think we're gunna get fined for our 2 wins this year ?

Hey Frog good to see someones awake . How much do you think we're gunna get fined for our 2 wins this year ?

I am still trying to work out how we won two games

Did anyone else see that essendon could be in hot water again due to them allowing potential draftees train with them before the draft without registering them?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-under-afl-scrutiny-for-having-draft-candidates-train-without-permission/story-fnelctok-1226770470421

(i dont know how to make the link look pretty)

Did anyone else see that essendon could be in hot water again due to them allowing potential draftees train with them before the draft without registering them?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-under-afl-scrutiny-for-having-draft-candidates-train-without-permission/story-fnelctok-1226770470421

(i dont know how to make the link look pretty)

yep, saw that, gave me a chuckle.

They really think they are special, above all things. Time for a heavy landing I reckon !!

Once again they either thought they were above the rules or there was a major oversight. Im thinking the latter as they did lodge paperwork the day before the draft but who knows how long they had, IF, they had been training with them.

They just think the rules are for us little people , their minions !!

Once again they either thought they were above the rules or there was a major oversight. Im thinking the latter as they did lodge paperwork the day before the draft but who knows how long they had, IF, they had been training with them.

we'll never know. apparently they can't find the training records - familiar?

You guys are just too hard on MessyDrugs.

I think this was a smart move by them as next season I think they will have a number of players who will be unable to play for awhile.

Better to have a backup plan now. then wait for the final report and have no idea how to fill the vacabcies in their player list.

Dam it convinces me, fine the sds $500,000 for annoying Vlad again.

One day they will make a movie about this club. I think the title of the movie should be Dumb and Dumber. Wait I think they had already made the movie.

we'll never know. apparently they can't find the training records - familiar?

DC that because no one in Windy Pill knows how to use a computer!

there was a movie poster produced by the Herald Sun earlier this year about the saga. i tend to bring it out when a essendon supporter annoys me. Not sure if i can put it up here tho with all the copyright on pictures etc

As Nike always say "Just Do It"

not sure if this is going to work.

you were right to doubt !! :)