The Split - AFL Endorsed Ticket or The Stockdale Ticket

rpfc

AFL Endorsed Ticket or Stockdale Ticket?  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just had a look at the website. It's been put together by spin doctors, just like the ones politicians use. You can't voice an opinion; all you can do is agree with them. No thanks.

Only had a brief look but i agree with you H&S

I cannot see where you can say

No Thank you Alan.

All of the options suggest support in one form or another.

Makes me even less supportive than ever.

• Like 1

Just had a look at the website. It's been put together by spin doctors, just like the ones politicians use. You can't voice an opinion; all you can do is agree with them. No thanks.

Only had a brief look but i agree with you H&S

I cannot see where you can say

No Thank you Alan.

All of the options suggest support in one form or another.

Makes me even less supportive than ever.

If you are on Facebook you can send a message.

https://www.facebook...Matters?fref=ts

The message can be posted or private.

"Just a query, where on the website can I vote "no" for Stockdale? Seems to be a glaring oversight by whoever put the poll together. Is it a bit like a Zimbabwean election?"

Lol, it was removed immediately, so much for inclusiveness. This ticket is a sick joke

I have asked some fair questions on the facebook page but they have been deleted immediately. It speaks volumes about the ticket for mine.

They have made themselves a very unifluential enemy.

AFL endorsed ticket. That way we can blame them if things go "[censored] up"

This may have been a throw away line but as we have seen with all of the AFL projects they do everything to ensure that they do not fail.

If we become the AFL's next project then we are choosing the path of least resistance.

Alan Stockdale....."My Way or Else....."

If Alan Stockdale or Ron Walker or any other brandy snifting, pheasant hunters get in we are truly "fooked" and I give up! Support at your peril! When the hard work is required they will be running 100kmh in the opposite direction!

I am not saying I am a supporter of MM, I don't really get what they are trying to do with half a Board anyway.... But, people are being harsh. Saying the lack of "No" vote on their own promotional website is evidence of "my way or the highway" is a bit ridiculous.

On the face of it, they are trying to promote a members' driven ticket. Do you expect a political party to have a poll that says "Vote me out"? No. That's what elections are for.

At least they are putting themselves forward motivated by taking the club forward.

I am not saying I am a supporter of MM, I don't really get what they are trying to do with half a Board anyway.... But, people are being harsh. Saying the lack of "No" vote on their own promotional website is evidence of "my way or the highway" is a bit ridiculous.

On the face of it, they are trying to promote a members' driven ticket. Do you expect a political party to have a poll that says "Vote me out"? No. That's what elections are for.

At least they are putting themselves forward motivated by taking the club forward.

I get your point here 'Choko' but one of their big planks is letting the members have their say. I didn't see anything about letting the members have their say but only so long as you agree with us.

• Like 1

I get your point here 'Choko' but one of their big planks is letting the members have their say. I didn't see anything about letting the members have their say but only so long as you agree with us.

But isn't their point that voting for them is having your say, rather than the appointment/anointing of alternatives without election?

Look, I am not convinced that backwards is the new forward, but I also remain uninspired by the alternatives, and frankly concerned that people are going onto our Board that have not faced the members at any point.

But isn't their point that voting for them is having your say, rather than the appointment/anointing of alternatives without election?

Look, I am not convinced that backwards is the new forward, but I also remain uninspired by the alternatives, and frankly concerned that people are going onto our Board that have not faced the members at any point.

I am happy with an AFL approved dictatorship.

They control the draft, they control the fixtures, they have all the contacts and they have the big pile of money.

I think we have run out of alternatives. Really we are already at the mercy of the AFL.

• Like 1

I think in an ideal world the board should face the members but this hasn't happened for quite some time now. Unfortunately the factions within the club have brought it to it's knees so I'm happy to let things get on track for the first time in such a long time. Then we can look at the governance and democracy issues.

• Like 1

Sorry Choko I don't agree.

His stated message was to guage what members want.

If you then limit what you want from them it is not guaging the desire of the membership.

It is asking for the answer to suit your position.

He could say look 5000 people want me to stand for the Presidency.

When in actually fact 20000 might be trying to say "no Thanks Alan we do not want you."

But their desires are not allowed to be given.

Typical Political speak as far as I am concerned.

• Like 2

If you then limit what you want from them it is not guaging the desire of the membership.

When in actually fact 20000 might be trying to say "no Thanks Alan we do not want you."

You don't have to be sorry.... but you don't have to be correct either!

Surely seeing how many of the members sign on to actively support him is a good way of knowing what support you have. If I am going for a job, I don't line up all the people who don't want me to get it - I try to get a critical mass of supporters. It's for others to knock me down (and I suspect this will occur!).

The same attitude prevailed at the Dallas Brooks Hall in '96

Members denied their say

MOVE FORWARD YOU BASTARDS NOT BACKWARDS....

The same attitude prevailed at the Dallas Brooks Hall in '96

Members denied their say

MOVE FORWARD YOU BASTARDS NOT BACKWARDS....

I was at Dallas Brooks and I agree with you. But it is totally different. This is a promotional website because they want to be appointed. It's setup for them to promote their interest and test the waters.

Dallas Brooks was a constitutional/member vote.

Heard him briefly on the radio this morning - lots of talk about "branding', not much about Football. to be fair though, I didn't hear the whole interview. Not too enthused myself, however ..

Win games and the branding is half way, if not more there...

• Like 1