Watts waiting on coaching appointment

Balls

do you think other clubs don't scout our games

believe me theyd be aware of his value

im just in the realm of a DC for the new coach to start fresh

Their may be a couple of clubs that think he is worth a chance at a reasonable deal.

There is quite often a coach that thinks I can bring it out in this kid.

We had one who thought Gillies, Pedersen and Sellar where a chance to make it.

Ha ha.

• Like 2

The wrong attitude is to hold on to a mentally weak player in the hope that another coach will make him into a star. That is a classic MFC thing to do, which we have been doing for a while.

Jack Watts has had a huge opportunity to pull his socks up, make a stand on field and say 'I want to help this club become good again and I will play to my potential', instead of stating that he will only sign depending on who the coach is.

In contrast to your views I believe that if we lose Watts, depending on the deal that is wrangled of course, the club can benefit nicely.

God help us if that happens.

Clubs will be offering 2-3 dud players in a Bunch for the services of Watts.

Read what Roos said about him.

The MFC is not respected. Clubs will dump anything at us until we crack.

PJ has got to be premium steel with this one.

Our whole list is cooked not just Jack.

We need the Premiership coach ASAP.

Never been one for the priority pick but should the unthinkable happen and we somehow get pick 1 plus 3 wouldn't that change things nicely.

It hasn't is the past. A lot of other things need to change in this footy club. As I said before, unless we change the culture, draft picks, no matter how high, aint going to do much

• Like 1

After Saturday's game against GWS I really don't care who goes anymore.

I am more concerned on who stays. Because if they do, they better have a much improved attitude next year. Our list is that far behind others that our weaker players are not pushing for spots, because there is no fight to keep any.

Not one player on Friday seemed keen for the game on Saturday (GWS v Melb). Viney was about the only one to say "Yeah can't wait to get out there" but almost sounded scripted like he's repeated it all year.

At training the rest seemed more occupied in kicking goals from tight angles whilst the coaches had a little chit chat on the field. Yes it wasn't a full training session, I understand that. But surely it was time then to switch on and get the attitude and focus right for the game. For the boys it seemed like Saturday's result was already in their heads. Another loss.

This is obviously what everyone has been talking about. There is nothing left in our players anymore. Too many losses have set it in stone now. It will definitely take more than just a good coach to reverse this I reckon.

• Like 2

After Saturday's game against GWS I really don't care who goes anymore.

I am more concerned on who stays. Because if they do, they better have a much improved attitude next year. Our list is that far behind others that our weaker players are not pushing for spots, because there is no fight to keep any.

Not one player on Friday seemed keen for the game on Saturday (GWS v Melb). Viney was about the only one to say "Yeah can't wait to get out there" but almost sounded scripted like he's repeated it all year.

At training the rest seemed more occupied in kicking goals from tight angles whilst the coaches had a little chit chat on the field. Yes it wasn't a full training session, I understand that. But surely it was time then to switch on and get the attitude and focus right for the game. For the boys it seemed like Saturday's result was already in their heads. Another loss.

This is obviously what everyone has been talking about. There is nothing left in our players anymore. Too many losses have set it in stone now. It will definitely take more than just a good coach to reverse this I reckon.

You are dead right mate. This list has been shot since Round 2 this year.

The Best Coach(s) are Paramount for our survival.

A real enigma. Has far better than average dexterity, peripheral vision and cognitive thinking on the field but lacks intensity and desire to impose. Could wisely use the time waiting for a new coach to learn how to defend like a footballer, not like a basketballer. I reckon when Jack is out on the ground, he believes his position is point guard, not centre half forward.

You summed it up..... He is in the wrong sport.... Andrew Gaze may find him a team.... :)

Ok he's gone. Much better for him. Why does everyone on demonland talk about jack. Because we can all see he's good, just not showing it. It's probably good for him and us for him to leave, he might never be good at MFC and if he becomes good somewhere else good luck to him because we have treated him like absolute shite and should just say goodluck.

Wrong... It isn't because as you say "we can all see he is good" ...I , for one, get bloody frustrated and it just aggravates me to see him being repeatedlyselected in the Senior side... We don't have a good list but for me it can do without JW... I hate non tryers and our culture seems to attract them... Sad... I would love to hear from Ronald Dale on what he thinks of the current playing group.... He was part of our First and Forever Promotion (his picture was featured on the Membership invitation sent to me ...

Likewise Stuie. I've always defended him and stated how I think he'll become a very good player for us.

Today however the penny dropped for me. There was absolutely no reason why Watts shouldn't have been playing with intent and aggression, especially as he was playing against mostly boys. He will take the Sylvia path I'm sure - he has supreme talent but doesn't apply himself on field (can't comment on his training output) and is extremely lethargic. He'll always be inconsistent and extremely frustrating and his attitude is one I definitely don't want at the MFC.

Right now we need strong leaders, not blokes who are whining about who's going to do it for them.

AND... after his comment on waiting to see who the new coach is before he signs, (or thinks about it) that ,if he was at all smart, should have been an incentive to come out and have a dip and show what he was capable of with the view to at least give the club and supporters a reason to even CONSIDER wanting to sign him... After Saturday... why the hell would we want him... Good riddance ... I say.. Let's move on from this "tail wagging the dog" mentality...

Just loved the way Watts crashed a pack up forward for us today and skittled two of the Giants.

I saw it. It happened.

We need Watts

There are many others to delist before him.

Shyte ... He must have fallen into the pack ? He certainly wouldn't have deliberately "crashed" it... Skittled two Giants ? Someone was pushing him aside (as they usually do).... where was the ball did he get hold of it ? or did the Giants clear it ....again ? I am trying to find the incident you are referring to on the tape .. it's getting a bit annoying watching Watts running away from contests and the ball AND generally prancing around like a lost puppy... Get serious .. I agree there are many others to delist before him, which makes our predicament at the least a very sad one... I want us to become great again.. but alas, it won't be with most of this list...

AND... after his comment on waiting to see who the new coach is before he signs, (or thinks about it) that ,if he was at all smart, should have been an incentive to come out and have a dip and show what he was capable of with the view to at least give the club and supporters a reason to even CONSIDER wanting to sign him... After Saturday... why the hell would we want him... Good riddance ... I say.. Let's move on from this "tail wagging the dog" mentality...

Could have been a cunning plan by a loyal player to lower his value so that no one would offer enough for him to leave... :>)

Could have been a cunning plan by a loyal player to lower his value so that no one would offer enough for him to leave... :>)

If that was his intention (and I doubt it was) then I would never want him playing in my team.. That kind of mentality is akin to "tanking"..... oops.. !! How could I ever think like that ? Just saying... lol

Soxy. Have you factored in the coaches and off field crap that has besieged this club since 2009.

It is all Jack has known. I am not excusing his form, but Trengove has been worse imo.

Let's get a real coach in here before we give our assetts away.

Hopefully we can all be suprised.

NO. WRONG.

That attitude will kill us.

Jack Watts came to this club as a number one draft pick SCHOOLBOY.

He has since been coached by 2 FAILED ROOKIE COACHES

Amidst a club that until March this year has been politically pulling itself to bits.

What chance has he had??

If we lose a second number one draft pick to a bigger club who then thrives, this club is finished.

Jackson MUST get a topline coach and Footy Manager into this club real soon so players want to stay.

This is Serious [censored] now.

wake up wyl

he wants to play football like its basketball

he hates contact....he is S O F T.....got it

i stuck with him all along but i got off his bandwagon the last month or so

its not a coaching thing its an instinctive thing. He is not for the contest and isn't going to change. he never wins one on one

at best he can be a wide receiver

he is now a more senior player and sets a bad example. for his lack of effort he would be dropped at most clubs

keeping him just asks for more of the same

like i said before....yeah its sad....but its reality

• Like 1

Shyte ... He must have fallen into the pack ? He certainly wouldn't have deliberately "crashed" it... Skittled two Giants ? Someone was pushing him aside (as they usually do).... where was the ball did he get hold of it ? or did the Giants clear it ....again ? I am trying to find the incident you are referring to on the tape .. it's getting a bit annoying watching Watts running away from contests and the ball AND generally prancing around like a lost puppy... Get serious .. I agree there are many others to delist before him, which makes our predicament at the least a very sad one... I want us to become great again.. but alas, it won't be with most of this list...

I think it was in the third quarter-it happened .

Two Giants lying on the ground after going up against Jack Watts leading from inside 50.

He is better in the air than you think.

He is a good player but he looks laconic.

He is probably our 2nd best player.

And by far our most popular on Demonland.

wake up wyl

its not a coaching thing its an instinctive thing. He is not for the contest and isn't going to change. he never wins one on one

he is now a more senior player and sets a bad example. for his lack of effort he would be dropped at most clubs

So you don't like him dc?

Soxy. Have you factored in the coaches and off field crap that has besieged this club since 2009.

It is all Jack has known. I am not excusing his form, but Trengove has been worse imo.

Let's get a real coach in here before we give our assetts away.

Hopefully we can all be suprised.

I sincerely hope you are right WYL... For the sake of the MFC..

wake up wyl

I am awake.

If he is still avoiding the hard ball after a year of Roos at the helm i will believe you.

Until then i keep saying he has not had the coaching needed.

• Like 3

I was joking. Hence the :>)

Perhaps I should have added a smile ... Sorry .. I did not for one moment think you could have been serious :)

I sincerely hope you are right WYL... For the sake of the MFC..

so do i. But if you give away all our players at a garage sale we will never know.

GET THE BEST TEACHERS TO THE MFC these kids can still learn but it has to be this summer.

Another season of garbage and it will be too late.

Seems to me we have all fallen about ourselves complaning about JW making an honest statement.

Any half decent player at the MFC who is out of contract this year would be doing the same as JW.

He was just a bit silly to say it out loud.

I am off his back.

Make your decision JW when you have all the info you need.

• Like 1

i don't dislike him od, but judging him as an afl player i have to face reality

this is five years now.

i watch him very closely

its such a waste of basic talent

i fear this might just be the case :(

five years ...

well on his way to being the next Sylvia !!

Seems to me we have all fallen about ourselves complaning about JW making an honest statement.

Any half decent player at the MFC who is out of contract this year would be doing the same as JW.

He was just a bit silly to say it out loud.

I am off his back.

Make your decision JW when you have all the info you need.

OD I dont think its entirely honest at all.. Seems its all a one way consideration.

If he were truly honest hed probably utter something like

"Im a prodigious talent yet to realise my potential for a myriad of reasons including less than ideal ardour of the contest and inconsistent efforts and application to the task at hand.

Despite this I want to consider my options which will be heavily influenced by my preference of senior coach.

I reserve my right as an employee to weigh my options."

The club ought to consider its.

• Like 1