Watts waiting on coaching appointment

Balls

In terms of trading Watts I don't see it as being about Watts - more that we have many options in defense and in the forward 50 already so where does young Jack fit?

we need run and mids like a man needs a drink after 4 days lost 400kms from Alice Springs.

Me three..... Reckon there are quite a few Demonlanders from the APS system, certainly the old breeding ground of demon followers, what's worse is I do drive a land rover (with a stereotypical liitle square demon jumper sticker!) and love skiing...... :)

Blacky High boy here.

Played against Mark Lee and Dale Weightman when they were playing for Melbourne High.

They towelled us, but I got a few in!

Wouldn't be unfair if they suspended it to all except about 5 players this season.

And Watts wouldn't be one of them... :cool:

Unreal,is this where we slag off Watts because he is not Fijian and bag his ticker?

Sadly, he's our best player.

He is worth about 350-400 a year.

You DO mean Dollars not Thousands of dollars ??? Just "arksking" :)

Edited by [email protected]

Agree with Breretons assessment, Watts hasn't earned the right to hold the club to ransom.

If he thinks he needs to leave, make sure we get a decent trade as he is not likely to find any courage on the way out the door.

Trade Watts? If we can get something decent, I won't lose any sleep.

I reckon his career will just be like a set of waves at the beach. He'll have his ups but mostly downs, today being a prime example. He isn't a leaders shoelace and his intensity and passion is just deplorable. Jack Watts just makes me angry now.

• Like 2

Watts was good in the first half and average in the second half.

Not Robinson Crusoe either.

Still in our best today easily.

Cam Ling just said an offer has been made to Watts from Carlton. I say don't play him for the rest of the year if he can't commit verbally. Time to take a stand.

Three Number 1 picks isnt enough?

We Ll take Murphy thanks.

Cam Ling just said an offer has been made to Watts from Carlton. I say don't play him for the rest of the year if he can't commit verbally. Time to take a stand.

How not so strange...eh Mick !!

Watts on offer Mick ?? Even I will listen to offers now.

If Watts want to go Freo/Carlton, they have to offer us their first rounder and or a player. We need to start being like Collingwood and demanding a good trade!

• Like 1

That's the spirit.

I just mean it doesn't look like he wants to play for us, he has probably been treated fairly poorly on the most part unfortunately, if he walks i don't think it would be the end of the world.

This isn't the humour thread.

Clearly not.

I'm sure you will see to that.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

GAMEDAY: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

It's Game Day and the Dees are deep in the heart of enemy territory as they take on the Lions in Brisbane under the Friday Night Lights at the Gabba. Will the Demon finally be awakened and the season get back on track or will they meekly be sacrificed like lambs to the slaughter?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 8

UNBACKABLE by The Oracle

They’re billing the Brisbane Lions as a sleeping giant — the best team outside the top eight —and based on their form this month they’re a definite contender for September AFL action. Which is not exactly the best of news if you happen to be Melbourne, the visiting team this week up at the Gabba.  Even though they are placed ahead of their opponent on the AFL table, and they managed to stave off defeat in their last round victory over North Melbourne, this week’s visitors to the Sunshi

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons

WILDCARDS by KC from Casey

Casey’s season continued to drift into helplessness on Sunday when they lost another home game by a narrow margin, this time six points, in their Round 13 clash with North Melbourne’s VFL combination. The game was in stunning contrast to their last meeting at the same venue when Casey won the VFL Wildcard Match by 101 points. Back then, their standout players were Brodie Grundy and James Jordon who are starring in the AFL with ladder leaders, the Sydney Swans (it turned out to be their last

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

LIFE SUPPORT by Whispering Jack

With Melbourne’s season hanging on a thread, Saturday night’s game against North Melbourne unfolded like a scene in a hospital emergency department.  The patient presented to the ward in a bad way. Doctors and nurses pumped life-saving medication into his body and, in the ensuing half hour, he responded with blood returning to his cheeks as he stirred back to life. After a slight relapse, the nurses pumped further medication into the bloodstream and the prognosis started looking good as the

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 19

PREGAME: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

The Demons head back on the road for their fifth interstate trip this season when they head up to Brisbane to take on the Lions under lights on Friday night at the Gabba. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 381

PODCAST: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 25th June @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons victory at the MCG over the Kangaroos in the Round 15. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 55

VOTES: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over the injured reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Alex Neal-Bullen, Steven May, & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Kangaroos. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 51

POSTGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

The Demons almost blew a six goal lead and ultimately hung on to win by three points over the North Melbourne Kangaroos at the MCG and have temporarily jumped back into the Top 8.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 568

GAMEDAY: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

It's Game Day and it very well could be the last roll of the dice for the Demon's finals aspirations in 2024. A loss to the bottom side would be another embarrassing moment in a cursed year for the Dees whilst a win could be the spark they need to reignite the fire in the belly.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 709
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!