Betting market move

Wolfmother

Roos has had many opportunities to flat out reject the Coaching position at Melbourne and he's declined to do so; all he needs to say is "I will not be taking the job and I will not be coaching Melbourne next year, or at any other time in the future".

He is either thinking about it, or stroking his ego by allowing the speculation to continue.

I have been hoping that it will be Roos right throughout the process and I haven't given up that it will be.

• Like 1

If i were a betting man ( ok I am ) I would pencil in Monday sep 2

Currently Craig has got the boys up and playing, for him and for themselves.

The team has been through the mill and really doesnt need any other distractions or let downs til the actual end of the season.

If Craig can keep some momentum up then he deserves to be under no real cloud until the formal season ending ( friday Aug 30 )

Roos , as a wise man would be sensible and just wait and watch..

AS will we, wait and watch what he or any other candidate or non-candidate ( supposedly ) might actually DO between now and then.

You dont play your trumps til needed and Roos has no need at all

Will be interesting to see if any 'faces' appear at games from here on in though :unsure::rolleyes:

All this betting is just floss. A couple of randy pubescents getting jolly over a kiss.

Theres a order to things, even at the MFC now apparently theyve discovered some : and this means there is more foundation work to be done and finalised before slecting and announcing the coach..

Probably the only caveat to all of this would be should PR walk up to PJ and say, "where do I sign ?"

thats just not going to happen though....I'll take bets on that :)

Not exactly going out on a limb there ... it's a bit like saying Rudd or Abbott will be the next PM!

You never know Bing. I've heard that the Australian Democrats look set to make a big return as a viable 3rd option at this Septembers election! ;)

• Like 2

I'm pretty confident that all of these 'things' that Roos says need to happen before he'd consider the job at MFC are on PJ's to-do-list.

• Like 3

Roos has had many opportunities to flat out reject the Coaching position at Melbourne and he's declined to do so; all he needs to say is "I will not be taking the job and I will not be coaching Melbourne next year, or at any other time in the future".

He always says "at the moment" basically every time and never rules it out.

Interesting........

I'm pretty confident that all of these 'things' that Roos says need to happen before he'd consider the job at MFC are on PJ's to-do-list.

I'm with you there McQueen.

Roos' "heart isn't in it" at the moment, and he has basically admitted that himself. But I would imagine that once PJ "buys" everything on Roos' wishlist, I'm sure his heart will take a sudden turn for the good!

Thing of course is that whatever is supposedly perceived to be Roos' list is really just a list for anyone. Its required to be in place for a functional FD irrespective of who comes on board.

Im sure PJ has this in view. Hes building a club against a good -sound model , for the club, not particularly for anyone in particular. Ina sense they are generics ( but of a caliber we arent used too lol ). Whom ever is appointed will add their own stamp to this.

Interesting, this fascination with premiership winning coaches. In the entire history of the AFL/VL only 8 coaches have coached another premiership at a second club; and a lot have tried!

• Like 1

Wish thinking Stuie.

What one person said and did is not actually relevant to what someone else may do in similar circumstances.

That's not to say Roos may not ultimately be our head coach, but to say he could be simply because Hird ruled it out at some point in time and then ultimately took the gig is the stuff of the shock jock world.

IMO Roos will either take the gig or not based on his personal circumstances - and I suspect, at this point in time, something needs to change on that front.

He is not a facsimile of James Hird.

It's called a precedent.

Thing of course is that whatever is supposedly perceived to be Roos' list is really just a list for anyone. Its required to be in place for a functional FD irrespective of who comes on board.

Im sure PJ has this in view. Hes building a club against a good -sound model , for the club, not particularly for anyone in particular. Ina sense they are generics ( but of a caliber we arent used too lol ). Whom ever is appointed will add their own stamp to this.

I think we're all aware of that B59, it just boils down to Roos being our number 1 target. His "demands" are probably no different to the likes of Eade or Williams, but until he sees proof that this has happened, I mean actually happened, not "happening", it's hard for him to commit 100%, and you can't blame him for that. In other terms, he wants to see that we are serious before he shows that he is.

As I said, it depends on if Roos is our number 1 target. I think he would be, I think PJ & the new MFC are serious, and I think that will be enough to get Roos over the line. If CS was still at the helm there wouldn't be a hope in hell that we would get him.

I accept that Billy , I only made note of it for some who seem incredibly blinkered ( or excited, or both lol ) that its Roos or bust.

The wiser on here have noted that there are a small handful of possibles that WILL coach next year and any one of them will want the new 'infrastructure' in place if we're to make any serious gains in 2014.

For all we know PR might be eyeing off Brissy...who knows. I dont

I accept that Billy , I only made note of it for some who seem incredibly blinkered ( or excited, or both lol ) that its Roos or bust.

The wiser on here have noted that there are a small handful of possibles that WILL coach next year and any one of them will want the new 'infrastructure' in place if we're to make any serious gains in 2014.

For all we know PR might be eyeing off Brissy...who knows. I dont

I personally think that our football team is the easier fix the Brisbane, I watch a lot of the lions games and if we had our full strength team up and firing you would prefer to coach ours next season as long as you can bring in some midfielders to help out. The forward line in 2014 could be regarded as one of the best going round and the back line is very sound. Land Roo's and we have a fantastic chance of landing a big fish. The trade period could be very exciting for us next year. Lets hope that we don't trade anyone that none of us have heard of (Pederson & Gilles) grrrrr

• Like 1

BD ..you could be quite correct. I only used the Lions to serve as example of how we dont know whats really going on.

What do they base these prices on? What do they know that no one else seems to?

It may mean somebody ELSE knows something as betting Markets only fluctuate through "weight of money" invested... Seems quite strange that someone SEEMS to have backed Roos with some authority or like some of us, is having a very good guess... I would like to know the size of the biggest wager placed on Roos and the percentage and size of the pool it represents.. :unsure:

Edited by [email protected]
  • Like 1

Interesting, this fascination with premiership winning coaches. In the entire history of the AFL/VL only 8 coaches have coached another premiership at a second club; and a lot have tried!

8 ?? Oh well better than none..Always a reasonable chance to make it Nine then... Just saying.. :cool:

It may mean somebody ELSE knows something as betting Markets only fluctuate through "weight of money" invested... Seems quite strange that someone SEEMS to have backed Roos with some authority or like some of us, is having a very good guess... I would like to know the size of the biggest wager placed on Roos and the percentage and size of the pool it represents.. :unsure:

I'm with you there Soxy. The talk of betting agenices using it as a publicity stunt I refuse to believe.

You never know Bing. I've heard that the Australian Democrats look set to make a big return as a viable 3rd option at this Septembers election! ;)

Palmer said HE will be.the next Prime Minister didn't he ??.. Doug Hawkins for Deputy and Minister for Education... HA ! Ha ! :)

Edited by [email protected]

He talked us up.

Said we have a nice forward line and a back line, with very good KPP's at both ends.

Just needed to sort the midfield.

He said we have the talent and a good base to work from.

That's a recent change of tune isn't it ?? He actually IS correct though... Nice to hear it coming from somebody outside the Club...

The eight that have coached two sides to premierships are: Allan Jeans, Checker Hughes, David parkin, Jack Worral, Leigh Matthews, Mick Malthouse, Percy Bentley and Ron Barassi.

Haha, well not much from what I heard - They had an interview planned but he wasn't answering his phone. I had to step out of the car for 5 min so I don't know if they got hold of him.

The eight that have coached two sides to premierships are: Allan Jeans, Checker Hughes, David parkin, Jack Worral, Leigh Matthews, Mick Malthouse, Percy Bentley and Ron Barassi.

So I guess if you do it for one club, you're not really that much more likely to do it for another club.