AFL 360 and On The Couch

dazzledavey36

Why is everyone wanting McDonald in as midfield coach? What are his credentials? Not as a footy person etc but as a coach?

We have inexperienced assistants already.

Its another riddle. We dont really need another assistant coach to teach us how to tackle. Thats Juniors forte.

When you look at the calibre of other clubs assistants, Ratten, Eade, Chocko etc.

Like some of my mates, the longer he's out of the game the better he was. In DL' posters memories anyway.

the 3 words ROOS used that gives us a bit of hope....."at the moment".... I don't want to coach

"At the moment , I don't want to coach.....MFC will need to do some serious convincing to change my mind"

Show Paul a coaching and development model that ensures he is supported ad the story might get better for us.

Show Paul Roos a refreshed board with good quality leaders and football nouse, a great football manager/director who Roos ticks off on, a bucket load of $ under a long term contract and a committment from the AFL to back us (him) on Footy Spend etc....and it should look a whole lot better for Roosy and hopefully us as a club.

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 1

Love Robbo because unlike other journo's he has actual sympathy for us and never sticks the boot into us! I have seen David King and that other [censored] Mclure lay it into us and you will always find Robbo sticking up for us, pointing to the little positives. For an Essendon supporter too he isn't biased like some other people in the media.

David King... Who the Fark is he ?? A wannabe who never will be as far as coaching is concerned . Is very good at standing at a giant video screen pointing out the obvious.. mainly AFTER the event..! Anyone can coach in hindsight... we are all good at that.. On Robbo.. He certainly gave Eade the full on last night on the coaching subject.. in the end he had Eade admitting that he would be willing to talk to the Melbourne Football Club if by any chance they decided to approach him...

"At the moment , I don't want to coach.....MFC will need to do some serious convincing to change my mind"

Show Paul Roos a refreshed board with good quality leaders and football nouse, a great football manager/director who Roos ticks off on, a bucket load of $ under a long term contract and a committment from the AFL to back us (him) on Footy Spend etc....and it should look a whole lot better for Roosy and hopefully us as a club.

Disagree ... He would come to MFC for the wrong reasons.. Mainly the mighty dollar... We want passion don't we ?? we have had enough of the other and look what it has cost us... 600 plus grand just this week...!... Eade for mine.. :)

You hit it on the head.... "A bucket load of $"...... No thanks. We need someone who wants to be at the MFC for all the right reasons..and the money may be the biggest incentive for Roos..

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the Clarkson/Roos options...

But it is good to know that we are looking at Eade as a fallback.

I really don't want to go down the untried coach path again. I think it gives this group a lovely place to hide.

Don't just look at Eade as a Fallback... That's been the problem with this club..Look at him as available and top of the pile right now.. OR we will finish up in the shyte again and miss out on all the best candidates.. I am sure PJ will not sit back and let that happen..

The only one I can think of off the top of my head who played in both Grand Finals is Michael O'Loughlin

And Who (by his own admission) mentored Roos and taught him a lot of what he knew when he took over the coaching job ?? None other than Rodney Eade..ironical that some prefer the pupil to the teacher... I don't ! :blink:

Its another riddle. We dont really need another assistant coach to teach us how to tackle. Thats Juniors forte.

When you look at the calibre of other clubs assistants, Ratten, Eade, Chocko etc.

Like some of my mates, the longer he's out of the game the better he was. In DL' posters memories anyway.

Memories... and the culture of some of the old DL Posters.. Our Club needs to leave that behind.. That's whats wrong with the current setup...We don't need old Melbourne players on our coaching staff .. please ..no more.. Viney must be the next to be moved on.. No sympathy votes .. PJ needs to be and WILL be ruthless... At last some attempts to change the soft culture of our once great Club in order to ensure it becomes a great club once again and the sooner the better..1964 to 2013.. ! No premierships.. That's what happens when the "old School" In their 4 wheel drives come down from the Blue Mountains and do nothing to encourage change and thus finish up being left behind in this modern cut throat , professional AFL environment..! Success will encourage a new crop of members and with increased memberships comes many benefits apart from financial.. Thanks to PJ (he is already making the necessary moves) this culture is about to change.. If it doesn't we become redundant.. simple as that... Anyone wishing to put shyte on me about my views go for your life.. It occasionally happens courtesy of a few negative individuals on the site.. .Attack me all you like .. I couldn't care less.. I am going to enjoy the rise of the Mighty Demon regardless of any negativity that is thrown up... I love this Club... I have no time for it's detractors... GO Dees !! ... First and Forever.. :lol:

I honestly think Roos is more then happy just being a hardcore Swan supporter in which he is and that's fine. I think the way he see's it is that couldn't see himself ever coaching against the Swans

I honestly think Roos is more then happy just being a hardcore Swan supporter in which he is and that's fine. I think the way he see's it is that couldn't see himself ever coaching against the Swans.

I doubt Roosy would be too concerned he would be doing any damage to the Swans over the next 3-5 years by coaching against them.

I think it's Eade, a good guy and very astute coach.

Eade is another nut job. Rumour has it that he had alienated the Swans playing group so much that Paul Kelly, no less, went to the Board and said it's him or me. When Roosy started coaching he said he had a notebook he had compiled while a player that had all the things in it he wanted to remind himself not to do if he ever coached. You can rest assured a lot of them came from Eade. He used to scream and players and humiliate them in front of the playing group. Didn't get anywhere with the Dogs. Not an inspired development coach. A great tactician with an experienced playing group which he wouldn't have at the Dees.

. Didn't get anywhere with the Dogs.

are you kidding?

He coached the Doggies, a team with less money and resources than even us, to three straight Prelim finals (08,09,10')

that is a brilliant effort

• Like 1

Don't just look at Eade as a Fallback... That's been the problem with this club..Look at him as available and top of the pile right now.. OR we will finish up in the shyte again and miss out on all the best candidates.. I am sure PJ will not sit back and let that happen..

Who else is looking?

Jackson will go to Roos, then he will go to Clarkson, and then he will go down another path. I say it will be Williams then Eade and then a panel if he can't get anyone to agree.

are you kidding?

He coached the Doggies, a team with less money and resources than even us, to three straight Prelim finals (08,09,10')

that is a brilliant effort

also left them a forward line of , akker, johnson ,hall,eagleton that was old and couldnt chase, completelyruined thier chances of drafting in and rolling through the retirements to keep the team on the up

left with no future bit to start again for the new coach, continuely drafted up with old age players, ask doggie fans how they feel the list looks now and how far away it is

Edited by jazza

Eade is another nut job. Rumour has it that he had alienated the Swans playing group so much that Paul Kelly, no less, went to the Board and said it's him or me. When Roosy started coaching he said he had a notebook he had compiled while a player that had all the things in it he wanted to remind himself not to do if he ever coached. You can rest assured a lot of them came from Eade. He used to scream and players and humiliate them in front of the playing group. Didn't get anywhere with the Dogs. Not an inspired development coach. A great tactician with an experienced playing group which he wouldn't have at the Dees.

He got further with the Dogs than anyone has been able to get with us for a long time...He has knowledge of the current game and has what it takes to get the best out of MOST players.. We need hardness from a Coach..and ability to inspire and motivate.. Eade has shown all these qualities .. only the sooks won't respond and we don't need any more of those. We may have had enough... Get him on board if we can.. B)

Edited by [email protected]

We need hardness from a Coach..and ability to inspire and motivate.. Eade has shown all these qualities .. only the sooks won't respond and we don't need any more of those. We may have had enough... Get him on board if we can.. B)

Obviously agree with someone who can motivate, but I think the Neeld experiment has shown that a hard arse who walks in with guns blazing might sound nice in theory, but isn't always the most practical option.

I support Eade as an option by the way.

Edited by P_Man

Who else is looking?

Jackson will go to Roos, then he will go to Clarkson, and then he will go down another path. I say it will be Williams then Eade and then a panel if he can't get anyone to agree.

Who knows who else is looking... After his comments on his possible availability on 360 I would imagine anyone who may be thinking of a change next year will be seriously looking... One possibility... West Coast ... We need to be making moves or as usual as I said we will miss the bus again... That is the problem with the attitude in this current culture... Have you been talking to PJ ? You seem to be well informed about his intended movements... You say he WILL go to Roos then he Will go to Clarkson (waste of time).. You have your opinions I have mine .. Neither are necessarily correct.. I prefer to put money on mine at this stage (without knowing what PJ will be doing) ;) Let's wait and see.. One of us may even be right..

Obviously agree with seen who can motivate, by I think the Neeld spire men has shown that a hard arse who walks in with guns blazing might sound nice in theory, but isn't always the most practical option.

I support Eade as an option by the way.

The difference between Neeld and Eade is ... Eade has the credentials to handle those things Neeld didn't... :lol:

Like what?

Like Bloody experience for starters. Apart from a track record which Neeld could only dream of... Get Real!

I'm not sure what the disorder is but there definitely is one.

Just invent one ... F witisis will do .. :) Some of the marks on the clips shown on Open Mike would not have been allowed now.. In fact he would have been penalised for hands on /in the back.. How the game has changed..... B) Digression ?

If Craig was around to mentor Neeld, will there be a role for him, given we hire an experienced coach next season?

We can tell him to be a Development Coach or even a line coach. Surely Roos/Williams/Eade can find a home for Craig? I don't think it is wise to just pay him out.