MFC board meeting - 12 PM

What

I have resigned myself to the fact that Neeld will stay the year which gives us time to plan for a new coach.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Don step back to Vice President and let someone else take the president job. After all, he was never meant to be our president and to be honest, I don't think he ever wanted to be either.

Also expecting some reshuffling of the footy department. Hopefully they make Craig actually do something. In recent weeks he has been bench coaching, which is good. Hope it continues.

This club is exhausting.

MARK NEELD:

"I simply want to coach the team that is the hardest to play against in the AFL."

"That means all over the ground we're going to be the hardest to play against. There will be a number of components that come with that."

- September 17, 2011 He was right !! It is very hard for the opposition to play against a team when they cannot stop laughing at the way we go about it and the ease in which they find themselves being able to pick up and kick the ball at will whenever and where ever they like... :wacko:

If we could somehow get important players re-committing then I'd be ok to give Neeld more time, but with a changed mandate (i.e. you must start finding ways to win games).

If Neeld is meeting current requirements, you'd be happy to keep him only if the requirements are changed to something that you can personally measure (ie number of wins) rather than left as the goals/requirements set by the board?

I think you'll find this is what is happening already. Just because demonlanders don't know what his performance kpis are doesn't mean they aren't there. Just because the kpis don't align with what demonlanders think they should be doesn't mean they aren't correct.

You suggested he could be delusional because he is so adamant he is on track. To me it would be more likely that he is meeting the kpis, thus his confidence.

KPIs aside, surely nobody ever said to him we're cool with losing all games this year by 10+ goals.

There is meeting targets and then there are overall results which nullify completely the small individual key indicators.

We are a competitive sporting club that can't compete. So [censored] the KPIs.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1

MARK NEELD:

"I simply want to coach the team that is the hardest to play against in the AFL."

"That means all over the ground we're going to be the hardest to play against. There will be a number of components that come with that."

- September 17, 2011 He was right !! It is very hard for the opposition to play against a team when they cannot stop laughing at the way we go about it and the ease in which they find themselves being able to pick up and kick the ball at will whenever and where ever they like... :wacko:

Not sure this post adds anything to the discussion about the board meeting.

MARK NEELD:

That's very amusing, tell you what, if you work, let us all come to watch you, and if you [censored] it up, do we get to laugh as well

That's very amusing, tell you what, if you work, let us all come to watch you, and if you [censored] it up, do we get to laugh as well

No use in laughing. If I [censored) it up at work, to such an extent, I get the sack. No laughing matter that.

• Like 6

I'm hoping for this to be McLardy stepping down and a new, capable President and hopefully Jackson for permanent CEO.

Neeld should get the end of the year and probably won't make much difference if he is sacked now. I'd say Jackson isn't one for making rash, insufficiently-informed decisions. Unless of course he thinks he has seen enough in the last couple of months or so.

MARK NEELD:

Jeez what a well thought out, informative post.

The difference is smarty pants I don't claim to have any sources!

My apologies .... Oops !! Accidentally posted as a reply to your comment... Should have posted as a reply to hogans_heroes Post #6 "smarty pants" is so sorry :mellow:

Did he scratch his left ear or his right?

left ear and held his tongue to the roof of his mouth

but what does it all mean pman please tell us

KPIs aside, surely nobody ever said to him we're cool with losing all games this head by 10+ goals.

There are meeting targets and then there are overall results which nullify completely the small individual key indicators.

We are a competitive sporting club that can't compete. So [censored] the KPIs.

Yeah that's fair jaded, and its a reason why I wouldn't be surprised or particularly upset if he goes. Our performances have not been good enough and the results are unacceptable when considered on their own.

I try to put then in context of our list, where we are at as a club, as a footy department and I wonder if in some ways this pain is the short term fix. If we had tried to undertake culture change and set new standards etc while maintaining results, we would have needed to drafted/traded for immediate results, and planned different. Certain players would have been kept.

In that scenario, change may take 6 years or longer. In that time we may have done ok, may have made finals a court of times but probably wouldn't have ever got there. This way we are gutted for a year or so but are ready to start rising from next year with no baggage.

Edited by deanox

People realise this isn't an extraordinary board meeting right? It's their standard monthly (?) meeting that they have had for the past umpteen years, and that every other club has them too.

Is it normally at 12pm? According to Neeld, he and Craig always attend, so I don't see anything unusal about that. Do they normally come in 2 hours after the start of the meeting? I don't know the answer to a couple of those questions.

There hasn't been an official press conference called either has there? Of course, the media will be down there (probably slept out the front last night knowing how some of them act), but this is just a run of the mill board meeting for the MFC. It's just that some on here are believing what the media are hoping and reporting.

I'm hoping for this to be McLardy stepping down and a new, capable President and hopefully Jackson for permanent CEO.

Neeld should get the end of the year and probably won't make much difference if he is sacked now. I'd say Jackson isn't one for making rash, insufficiently-informed decisions. Unless of course he thinks he has seen enough in the last couple of months or so.

Jeez what a well thought out, informative post.

Yeah it was... about as well thought out as some of our players moves yesterday... :)

Regardless of who coaches the rest of the season,we'll win against the GWS only,we won't beat the Suns up here.

Just don't think we'll win 4-5 games with a caretaker,won't happen.

People realise this isn't an extraordinary board meeting right? It's their standard monthly (?) meeting that they have had for the past umpteen years, and that every other club has them too.

Is it normally at 12pm? According to Neeld, he and Craig always attend, so I don't see anything unusal about that. Do they normally come in 2 hours after the start of the meeting? I don't know the answer to a couple of those questions.

There hasn't been an official press conference called either has there? Of course, the media will be down there (probably slept out the front last night knowing how some of them act), but this is just a run of the mill board meeting for the MFC. It's just that some on here are believing what the media are hoping and reporting.

McLardy: "I can assure you our board is working very closely with CEO Peter Jackson to effect a turn-around as soon as possible and put in place a structure that will get us some sustained success. You can expect to hear the first steps in that process over the next couple of weeks."

I think it's safe to say it will hardly be just any old Board meeting.

Not as much as I get to laugh at some of the fair dinkum Shyte you have posted and I can re quote many if you like.. Not worth the effort to me... :)

McLardy: "I can assure you our board is working very closely with CEO Peter Jackson to effect a turn-around as soon as possible and put in place a structure that will get us some sustained success. You can expect to hear the first steps in that process over the next couple of weeks."

Really? That sounds to me like a normal board meeting.

Really? That sounds to me like a normal board meeting.

Especially given that it's the first one that Jackson has had the opportunity to present some findings.

Fitting that this happens in the week of the 'Red Wedding' in HBO's Games of Thrones. Honestly hope it's a similar result in that board meeting. Widespread incompetence on and off field. Little sympathy for anyone who loses their position today. The club is on its knees.