Changes v Suns

Dannyz

Kent missed the set shot, then kicked the second one on the run. The club website has the footage of his first goal in the AFL, and you'll note that it is not the one where he was legged.

Frankly,

I would like to see Davey come back in as he was far from the worst in the games he has played this year and often kicks a couple of goals when he comes on as the sub. He is also good at applying pressure and making decisions under pressure. Nobody seems to be suggesting Howe be dropped on the basis of last week's performance [where he was hardly seen].

This is where we have conflict, if we as neeld speaks about this rebuild then we need to play Kent, Spencer, Nicholson, Strauss they need a real stint not just one week give them all 3 to 4 weeks unless they show signs of real distress playing at this level. Leave toumpas in the twos for a couple more weeks to ensure he has full confidence and great form and in a few weeks you rotate the Younger players, give them a good taste, if they play well keep them up but after a few weeks if they are still struggling send them back.

In Dawes

Out Grimes

• Like 3

Frankly,

I would like to see Davey come back in as he was far from the worst in the games he has played this year and often kicks a couple of goals when he comes on as the sub. He is also good at applying pressure and making decisions under pressure. Nobody seems to be suggesting Howe be dropped on the basis of last week's performance [where he was hardly seen].

Because you don't drop good players from one bad game where he played on a bigger opponent and the ball never came down.

As for Davey if we have to pick a guy to be the sub why not Kent over Davey. Both don't have the tank for a full game but one is physical and young the other is old (and still skilled) but deficient in a lot of areas. I'd like Kent to have another chance. If he does well give him a full game if he doesn't back to the VFL and resume Davey as the sub.

This is where we have conflict, if we as neeld speaks about this rebuild then we need to play Kent, Spencer, Nicholson, Strauss they need a real stint not just one week give them all 3 to 4 weeks unless they show signs of real distress playing at this level. Leave toumpas in the twos for a couple more weeks to ensure he has full confidence and great form and in a few weeks you rotate the Younger players, give them a good taste, if they play well keep them up but after a few weeks if they are still struggling send them back.

In Dawes

Out Grimes

I'm with you, I believe we should be aiming for stability as priority one - to this end we should be making as few changes as possible every week. When Jamar, Watts and Clark are fit bring them back in, but apart from that leave it alone for a bit.

• Like 3

In Dawes

Out Grimes

I mainly agree. Except what if Magner becomes eligible surely he's done enough to come in.

And I'd swap Fitzpatrick with Spencer in a heartbeat because I just don't see potential with Spencer. But yes I'm not sure how Nicholson or Strauss as 2 good examples will improve with limited exposure.

I'm with you, I believe we should be aiming for stability as priority one - to this end we should be making as few changes as possible every week. When Jamar, Watts and Clark are fit bring them back in, but apart from that leave it alone for a bit.

agree, but would like to see jetta return now that he's sat out his suspension. He shows a bit when ever he gets the ball in his hands. Like most of our players he just needs to find it more often so that he can have a impact on games each week

• Like 2

agree, but would like to see jetta return now that he's sat out his suspension. He shows a bit when ever he gets the ball in his hands. Like most of our players he just needs to find it more often so that he can have a impact on games each week

agree with that also, momentarily neglected him, he would be in my best 22

Every week the fans pick decent sides in this threads and ever week we see poorer sides go out onto the paddock...

The reality is we have a small core of "must have ins". You can pretty draw the rest of our list out of a hat. I hate to use cliches but that one about "shuffling deckchairs"

comes to mind every week. (It could be updated to shuffling witches hats)

• Like 1

Not only did Nicholson play better than Rohan Bail last week, he's also only had one game in the side. Give him at least another run before putting him back on the Casey merry-go-round.Surely Bail should be dropped before him, right?

I don't need one more game to confirm his skills are not and will not reach an AFL standard.

“The boys who took the field on the weekend, I’ve got a feeling that they’re going to be around for quite a while.”

Mark Neeld from the Trengove article on MelbourneFC. Sounds like he's going to be backing some of those fringe players to get a few more games in the seniors before he makes wholesale changes. Obviously he sees that they are doing the things he wants them to do.

I think everyone can agree that we would have been much closer had the kicking been better. We missed so many set shots and gave away so many goals. I'm not sure whether he tackles that by removing the worst offenders or by sticking with them but giving them a hell of a lot of work on hitting targets under pressure. Just imagine if we played that way but with kicking efficiency around the 80% mark. Big difference in the scoreboad.

• Like 2

Mark Neeld from the Trengove article on MelbourneFC. Sounds like he's going to be backing some of those fringe players to get a few more games in the seniors before he makes wholesale changes. Obviously he sees that they are doing the things he wants them to do.

I think everyone can agree that we would have been much closer had the kicking been better. We missed so many set shots and gave away so many goals. I'm not sure whether he tackles that by removing the worst offenders or by sticking with them but giving them a hell of a lot of work on hitting targets under pressure. Just imagine if we played that way but with kicking efficiency around the 80% mark. Big difference in the scoreboad.

those comments from Neeld mirror just about exactly what I have been saying the last few weeks. This is not some lame attempt at 'i told you so' because i know this place is full of those who disagree with both Neeld and myself, therefore 'i told you so' is not in fact an enviable position to be in at all! Furthermore I couldnt give a toss what most of you think about whether my posts are right or wrong! What I am basically saying is that I am on board with what Neeld is trying to do as demonstrated in these quotes of his. I can't disagree with anything he says in these comments, in particular

"let’s enjoy the journey and get on board with these young boys."

although it is nothing particularly profound, that would be the main thrust of what I am trying to say, is that there IS something there to work on, Armageddon has not arrived, and the best thing we can do as passionate supporters is get behind them instead of potting everything about them at every chance, that is what the media is there for. There is a bit of hope with this side, the first 2 weeks of this season hit us all very, very hard, but I for one feel we have advanced significantly since then and only have further room for improvement. Have faith, have patience and above all, lend your support.

• Like 4

Only problem I have C+B is I thought we had something to work on with:

FF: Jurrah Petterd Wona
HF: Maric Bate
C: Morton Gysberts
HB: Bennell Buckley
FB: Bartram
Foll: Moloney

We invested a heap of time with guys just like the above and we even won some games in 2010 and still beat so not too bad teams in 2011 with these guys. Even 08 and 09 looked brighter than now does. Half of them ended up playing for other clubs or at least got a look in training at other clubs so we weren't the only ones who thought there was talent there.

I'm not sure how Neeld plays the kids and handles losing especially thanks to his own doing he has or will have guys like Sellar (in for Tom McDonald), Pedersen (in for Gawn/Fitzy), Magner/Rodan/Couch (in for midfielders) available to him.

Will Neeld be accepting that we've fallen so far back again that the only move to make is that we have beat GWS at their own game of playing kids? Because I just think how bad can this Melbourne team be even though the midfield is rubbish are we a consistently 10 goal worse side than everyone barring the expansion sides?

Edited by the master

Only problem I have C+B is I thought we had something to work on with:

FF: Jurrah Petterd Wona

HF: Maric Bate

C: Morton Gysberts

HB: Bennell Buckley

FB: Bartram

Foll: Moloney

We invested a heap of time with guys just like the above and we even won some games in 2010 and still beat so not too bad teams in 2011 with these guys. Even 08 and 09 looked brighter than now does. Half of them ended up playing for other clubs or at least got a look in training at other clubs so we weren't the only ones who thought there was talent there.

I'm not sure how Neeld plays the kids and handles losing especially thanks to his own doing he has or will have guys like Sellar (in for Tom McDonald), Pedersen (in for Gawn/Fitzy), Magner/Rodan/Couch (in for midfielders) available to him.

Will Neeld be accepting that we've fallen so far back again that the only move to make is that we have beat GWS at their own game of playing kids? Because I just think how bad can this Melbourne team be even though the midfield is rubbish are we a consistently 10 goal worse side than everyone barring the expansion sides?

isn't that interesting, I would have thought that these players were the better players, the more real footballers.... with a soft spot for little Wona.

OUT: Grimes (clavicle), Trengove (Calf), Spencer (Spud), McDonald (remedial kicking school)

IN: Jetta, Dawes, Fitzpatrick, Sellar

FB: Terlich Frawley Garland
HB: Strauss Sellar, Jetta

C: Evans Jones Jones
HF: Bail Dawes Howe
FF: Tapscott Fitzy Byrnes
Foll: Gawn , Viney Dunn
Int: McKenzie, Sylvia, Nicholson

S: Kent

OUT: Grimes (clavicle), Trengove (Calf), Spencer (Spud), McDonald (remedial kicking school)

IN: Jetta, Dawes, Fitzpatrick, Sellar

FB: Terlich Frawley Garland

HB: Strauss Sellar, Jetta

C: Evans Jones Jones

HF: Bail Dawes Howe

FF: Tapscott Fitzy Byrnes

Foll: Gawn , Viney Dunn

Int: McKenzie, Sylvia, Nicholson

S: Kent

Who is "Dawes" Have not seen him before.

I assumed the one playing for Casey was a Casey local!

Who is "Dawes" Have not seen him before.

I assumed the one playing for Casey was a Casey local!

He is our second saviour. Our first in big Mitch is currently injured. Our third saviour in the Hulk Hogan is currently restricted to Casey.

He's also a big bustling power forward with limited overhead marking skills. However being big, bustling and providing a contest might be more than whoever else we have to offer can provide.

He is our second saviour. Our first in big Mitch is currently injured. Our third saviour in the Hulk Hogan is currently restricted to Casey.

He's also a big bustling power forward with limited overhead marking skills. However being big, bustling and providing a contest might be more than whoever else we have to offer can provide.

Thanks for filling me in tm.

Is this Dawes any relation to the one at Collingwood that got replaced by Lynch from the Eagles?

Edited by old dee

I'm crossing every possible extremity on my body in the hope that Dawes has a good game and scores at least 2 or 3 goals... with the current climate that has engulfed these forums, I genuinely dread coming on here to read a thread about what a massive recruiting fail he was. It has gotten to the point where I look forward to going to work more than I do to logging into Demonlad on a Monday morning.

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 4

I'm crossing every possible extremity on my body in the hope that Dawes has a good game and scores at least 2 or 3 goals... with the current climate that has engulfed these forums, I genuinely dread coming on here to read a thread about what a massive recruiting fail he was. It has gotten to the point where I look forward to going to work more than I do to logging into Demonlad on a Monday morning.

I dream of a Demonland where the team is winning most weeks, and everyone gets along super duper.

I like to dream big.

• Like 1

Now Trengove and Grimes out, I think we introduce 2 talls to get a to me it looks a bit more balanced, enough run with some targets, ideally have Kent as sub and if the three talls up forward doesn't work sub on out early in the third quarter

Tapscott Dawes Gawn

Howe Fitzpatrick Bail

M Jones Jones Byrnes

Nicholson Garland Terlich

Strauss Frawley McDonald

Spencer Dunn Sylvia

McKenzie Kent Evans Viney

You are not RC hardtack