North Port Oval at 2:00 PM

Port Melbourne

Backs Gale Noonan Langford

Half backs Gordon Pleming Cain

Centreline M Johnston Baird O'Farrell

Half forwards Hinkley Burstin Fieldsend

Forwards Bonaddio Thoolen Rowe

Followers Skipper Scipione Wooffindin

Interchange (from) Dillon Gilmore* McKenzie Mascitti Muling S O'Sullivan Smith Whelan Woodley

Casey Scorpions

Backs Gillies Panozza Best

Half backs Clisby Sellar Dunn

Centreline Blease Strauss Kent

Half forwards Rodan Fitzpatrick L Tynan

Forwards Taggert Dawes Page

Followers Spencer Magner Couch

Interchange (from) Barry Cashman* Davey Davis Hill Hughes Gent Matthews Pollard Nicholls Riseley Toumpas J Tynan

* 23rd player

AFL Victoria Development League

Port Melbourne

Backs Papaleo Sandilands Thornton

Half backs McTaggert Whelan McCutchan

Centreline Dillon C Johnston Purcell

Half forwards Barnes S O'Sullivan Allan

Forwards Hammond Perry Mascitti

Followers Prowse Smith T O'Sullivan

Interchange (from) Breust Hayes Jenkins Johns T Johnston Muling Raru Ward

Casey Scorpions

Backs Riseley Corrigan McInnes

Half backs Clay Fowler Corry

Centreline Matthews Stark Barry

Half forwards McFarlane McPhie J Tynan

Forwards Troutman Hughes Smith

Followers Waters Lindsay Pollard

Interchange (from) Allen Anderson Blackie Dearaugo Drew Lang Long Meadows Neville Petropoulos M Rosier P Rosier Rutherford

No Jesse Hogan.

I just hope that corkie isn't one of those 4 - 6 week corkies.

I second that!

Sadly, the game is not on ABC again! You would think that a really good VFL team would have had a televised game by now. Imagine all the demon fans who are starved of success and would turn to Casey - the ABC's broadcasting numbers would shoot through the roof.

• Like 3

Gutted Hogan not playing.

One of the few Casey games I can get to this year and hes not playing.

Still good to see Dawes, Taggert and Toumpas

I think I saw Collingwood or Essendon on the ABC the other day I don't remember anyway as the ABC broadcast the VFL as an alternative to the AFL I think they should largely aim to broadcast traditional VFA teams in preference to Essendon/Coll/Geel (and WB next year). To me the VFA clubs deserve the exposure more than the reserves teams. Of course Bendigo Gold v Frankston isn't going to rate as well as an Ess v Coll reserves but within reason I think the clubs propping up this competition by keeping alignments alive should be rewarded. If the 10 Victorian teams field reserves no way can Port, Box Hill, Casey, Bendigo, Frankston, North Ballarat, Coburg, Weribee, Willy and whatever Preston are called survive. Well not in a respected second tier system like we have now.

Well judging from the Casey team and that we know Dunn, Kent and Spencer are playing AFL this week we can also work out Tapscott and Nicholson won't be playing VFL.

AFL Bench - Evans, Pedersen, Tapscott, Nicholson, Strauss, Davey, Blease

We know the first 4 wont play for Casey. Our game is Sunday the question is who else doesn't play for Casey because you'd think we'd hold 2 emergencies out. I'd say Blease or Davey plays for Casey whilst Strauss and the other of Blease or Davey forms part of Melbourne's side or the held out emergencies. For the point of this thread I say Blease plays Casey and Davey stays in the squad. Moral of the story is that VFL on a Saturday when you aren't on TV is a real pain. At least 1 but probably 2 guys don't get a game of footy this week. Sometimes you might get lucky and give it to the guy who needs a rest but then you are running the dice. I'd say this week 2 guys who really needed games won't get them and that's a real shame. I want Davey and Blease getting fitness, Strauss continuing his form and Nicholson getting back in form.

More accurate Casey side:

Backs Gillies Panozza Best

Half backs Clisby Sellar *****

Centreline Blease ****** ******

Half forwards Rodan Fitzpatrick L Tynan

Forwards Taggert Dawes Page

Followers ****** Magner Couch

Interchange (from) Barry Cashman* ***** Davis Hill Hughes Gent Matthews Pollard Nicholls Riseley Toumpas J Tynan

Although I'm not glad that Hogans injured, I am glad the club has given him leave to go home to spend time with his family.

Hopefully Dawes gets through this week well, we need him in ASAP with Clark gone for a while.

• Like 1

Would like to see Davis get a running halfback gig this week instead of copping the monsters Danniher and Cordy over the last two weeks. He's a good size with good speed and hasn't done poorly in any game so far this year.

His disposal is terrible, I watch enough Casey games to back that up.

That's this year, right?

Coz so have I and it has improved this year, including the last two weeks, here is report from MFC website, know it is sugary but no mention of it spoiling his game

"Troy Davis: Troy continues to play some quality football as a key defender. He competed well against Ayce Cordy of Williamstown and had nine strong spoils and generated four rebound 50s"

• Like 1

That's this year, right?

Coz so have I and it has improved this year, including the last two weeks, here is report from MFC website, know it is sugary but no mention of it spoiling his game

"Troy Davis: Troy continues to play some quality football as a key defender. He competed well against Ayce Cordy of Williamstown and had nine strong spoils and generated four rebound 50s"

There's a lot of things about Troy's game that I do like. He's very competitive & one on one he's very strong. I also like that he repeatedly attempts to rebound the footy but I just think to often he lets himself & the team down with his disposal.

Just my opinion but happy to give him more tome to develop and revisit it over the next few weeks.

Edited by Matt Demon
  • Like 1

Does not have the disposal or decision making to play that role.

Interesting hearing Cam Mooney say that Corey Enright had the worst kick he had ever seen when he first arrived at Geelong. He sure fixed it so maybe there is hope for Davis, Nicho & co yet.

My guess is that Enright was always a good decision maker though and this is harder to fix, Nicho is not a natural footballer and makes poor decisions with the ball, I haven't seen enough of Davis to say.

Chicken and egg, what comes first, kicking skills or decision making.

Although I'm not glad that Hogans injured, I am glad the club has given him leave to go home to spend time with his family.

Thats what we said with Jurrah!

Let just hope he doesn't have a feuding family.

Great to see him rested like Viney - maybe Toumpas and Kent should have a rest soon as well. I am sure he can still win the VFL Coleman medal (just giving the others a chance)

Thats what we said with Jurrah!

Let just hope he doesn't have a feuding family.

Great to see him rested like Viney - maybe Toumpas and Kent should have a rest soon as well. I am sure he can still win the VFL Coleman medal (just giving the others a chance)

220px-Hulk_Hogan_July_2010.jpg

This is Hogan family tribal law

• Like 2

I second that!

Sadly, the game is not on ABC again! You would think that a really good VFL team would have had a televised game by now. Imagine all the demon fans who are starved of success and would turn to Casey - the ABC's broadcasting numbers would shoot through the roof.

I reckon If we had black & white stripes, or navy blue jumpers we'd be Shoe in's for prime ABC TV...

I reckon If we had black & white stripes, or navy blue jumpers we'd be Shoe in's for prime ABC TV...

Yep, even the ABC are chasing ratings it seems. Surely Casey v Port is the match of the round but at least we get to see Hogan on the Tele next week.

• Like 1

Interesting hearing Cam Mooney say that Corey Enright had the worst kick he had ever seen when he first arrived at Geelong. He sure fixed it so maybe there is hope for Davis, Nicho & co yet.

My guess is that Enright was always a good decision maker though and this is harder to fix, Nicho is not a natural footballer and makes poor decisions with the ball, I haven't seen enough of Davis to say.

Chicken and egg, what comes first, kicking skills or decision making.

IMO, more self discipline arrives accompanying a more mature attitude, & then with that, eventually arrives a more professional approach, which in turn brings further discipline & focus..

these are a recipe for improved techniques.

starting to mature is just the beginning of bright things to come.