GAME DAY - ROUND 4

Demonland

Trengove had 9 disposals and 7 tackles

Grimes had 13

THE CAPTAINS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM

Trenners at 44% efficiency, Grimes at 69%.

Don't put it all on Viney, he's meant to be a developing player learning the game not our best midfielder.

If this is giong to be slit the wrists thread then this is a waste of time

T MacDonald spoiling the ball in to the goal square - I mean come on how dumb are these players?

My God, Jack Watts frustrates the hell out of me.

It really looks like he'd rather be playing basketball at the moment. There is no intensity from him at all.

He should be subbed and told he will play the rest of the season at Casey,the guy wont chase, he doesnt try and he doesnt care, its absolutely pathetic to watch, this side wont win a game this season.

This is exactly why I have not been looking forward to this game, there is no statement we can make - if we don't win by a lot it is a failure.

If we won against the Eagles it would have been great but if we beat GWS it doesn't really mean anything!

However if we lose we will be in big trouble.

To me it is a bit of a lose/lose situation (unless we absolutely thrash them and make a statement)

Edited by Young Dee
  • Like 2

Did anyone else at the ground today feel that the last quarter was the most lackluster, emotionless thing theyve ever seen? The players barring one or two really put no effort into that quarter and do not seem to care. Its actually rubbing off on the crowd. Usually all around there is cheering, yelling and booing and today nothing....

Tapscott doing nothing back to half back then to Casey if he still can't get a kick, Watts to half forward with a run mid.

...but it still amazes me that someone who tested right up there for speed consistently gets left behind.

Nothing should happen with Neeld until Jackson gets to the club, I wouldn't trust our board to run a chook raffle and who knows who they would put in as interim coach surely not Todd Viney again.

• Like 1

What's your point stuie? Can't win the game if you can't win the ball - how is that Neelds fault?

GWS win the ball and run - MFC need to press - intesity dropped in the 2nd atr and GWS out run us - how is that Neelds fault?? I suppose he told to them to take 1 hand marks and fall over and not put on pressure?

Isn't it Neeld's job to COACH them HOW to win the ball? Isn't it Neeld's job to COACH them about structures and where to run? Isn't it Neeld's job to COACH them to get better instead of worse? Isn't it Neeld's job to COACH them to maintain intensity? Isn't it Neeld's job to COACH them to improve their skills? Isn't it Neeld's job to COACH them into confidence?

What exactly is he doing if nothing is his responsibility?!

• Like 1

The same players have managed to smash GWS pretty much every time before though. Minus the players Neeld has brought in of course.

Byrnes 3, Pederson 2 out of Melb's 7 though it must be said.

Tapscott doing nothing back to half back then to Casey if he still can't get a kick, Watts to half forward with a run mid.

Still do not know why Tapscott was brought in after that 6 goal Casey game. Has shown nothing so far and does not look like he will show anything.

• Like 1

They have any number of fast, classy mids. We don't. Being beaten on spread and around the clearances.

That is right from where I sit : GWS have learned what to do to clear from tackles and throw-ups and our failure to counter that is giving them the springboard

It'll be fascinating to see if we are capable of changing it after half time

Should have put my Super fund on GWS when they were paying 6.00

Isn't it Neeld's job to COACH them HOW to win the ball? Isn't it Neeld's job to COACH them about structures and where to run? Isn't it Neeld's job to COACH them to get better instead of worse? Isn't it Neeld's job to COACH them to maintain intensity? Isn't it Neeld's job to COACH them to improve their skills? Isn't it Neeld's job to COACH them into confidence?

Someone needs to let Mark Neeld that he is the COACH, and should start coaching...

• Like 1

Jamar was resting forward, Gawn was off the ground. Clark often has a run in the ruck, especially later in the quarters. He was across half back because that's where the ball was.

So who do we kick it to if we win the ball? How often do we see our players have no options because no one is ahead of them?!

Not his responsibility to carry us. Where are our captains today?!

No it's not but I'd expect JV to have more of a presence amongst the GWS list.

My God, Jack Watts frustrates the hell out of me.

It really looks like he'd rather be playing basketball at the moment. There is no intensity from him at all.

Why does everybody equate basketball with a lack of intensity?

If you all are going to use 'basketball' as shorthand for being soft, get a grip. Good basketballers play tougher than Jack Watts does, it has nothing to do with the sport itself.

• Like 2

Foxtel: "Stay tuned after half time we will find out if this is going to be one of the darkest days for the MFC" - ooo goody can't wait thanks Foxtel

"Dee day"

Edited by Young Dee

Dont let it get you down,he will be sacked by 8pm tonight.

• Like 1

Mate once the players go on the Ground it's up to the players

You can blame it all on the coach if it makes you feel better but if Neeld is sacked the new coach is going to have all the same problems they aren't going to magically disappear

3 100 pts losses and you expect confidence haha - look sorry mate but all this things you demand aren't goint to happen over night (ie 1 or 2 pre seasons)

Simple fact for this game - the MFC need to keep up the intesity and create stoppages - If like in the 2nd qtr GWS win the ball and run we will LOSE. MFC need to win contests and tackle hard - Simple

• Like 2