Can't handball,

Can't Tackle,

Can't Shepherd,

Can't Run.

Name one thing he does competitively

Fall to the ground??

Jamar is useless.

He did very well in the bombing in the pool competition on the robbo show last year.

Come to think of it, maybe he wa in the infamous spa. I have images of Hot Tub Time Machine in my head.

He did very well in the bombing in the pool competition on the robbo show last year.

Come to think of it, maybe he wa in the infamous spa. I have images of Hot Tub Time Machine in my head.

We just need them to go back to 1965 and stop Norm Smith from being sacked and everything will be fine!

• Like 1

Been to quite a few Casey games, think your assessment of Spencer is a bit harsh.

As for the midfield Coach, he has Nathan Jones, Matt Jones 3 games, Jack Viney 3 games, Jack Trengove (lack of match fitness), Michael Evans 6 games, Jimmy Toumpas 3 games, Roh Bail 37 games, Jeremy Howe 38 games.....he could have used Sylvia a bit more but Sylvia was doing well forward....and he is missing his best blocker/tagger in McKenzie

Jamar unfortunately dropped off in the second half in my opinion, and Neeld made mention of possible injury

I do admire Jake's effort but unless he is really knocking down the door then I don't understand why people would want him in the team ahead of Jamar. He ain't, and I don't think he has the ability ever to do so. I still like him there as depth if Jamar / Gawn are injured but on skill alone should not get a game in any AFL team.

I agree fully with your comments on the squad Royal has to work with. It's green and a little underdone. Surely however something can be done to stop the bleeding once it starts. As I said in my first post, the Eagles coaching looked at Jamars strong impact in the centre (contrary to what I think a lot of people here want to believe), made a simple half time adjustment to the midfield setup and BOOM 90 odd point win. Not sure what could have been done, but then again, I am not a coach. Playing footy now, if a team kicks two in a row against us we immediately go man on man and play tight in the square. Maybe a suggestion? Maybe a stupid one I don't know.

I think Beamer is hugely missed in there. Although yes, he was a one tricky pony, it's a trick we miss most at the moment.

I'm hugely excited about the prospect of big Maximus in the centre for us, he has barely played and is already a cult figure and I believe has the potential (that dirty word!!) to become something truly special. I can't however seeing us all of a sudden dominate from the stoppages from him in.

The biggest problem is the lack of mids, mids and more mids.

Someone also dropped in this thread how Rush was dropped from the leadership group and if that has effected his attitude. I am most interested as to why this happened. I would have thought being such a prescence (literally size wise) and a man who has been around the club so long who speaks quite coherently would be a shoe-in for a role.

It was a disaster to re-sign Jamar last year on the back of no form.

It's a disaster to appoint Trengove captain on the back of no form.

I could go on and on..

Hopefully we can get a decent coach and board in place someday soon.

I agree with you on the first one, but I disagree on the second one. There's no evidence to suggest Melbourne would be better off if Jack Trengove weren't captain. He himself might feel less pressure, but I'm certain that many aspects of his performance and character have improved markedly from the increased responsibility.

Besides, we all know who the real captain is: Jack Grimes.

Might have been mentioned elsewhere, but Footy Classified last night highlighted the impact Adelaide ruckman Sam Jacobs (lack of) form is having on his team.

Obviously not having Tippett to help Walker hurts but the fact is, their midfield hasn't been anywhere near as good as last year so far.

They are down massively on hitouts and clearances particularly centre clearances. The flow on effects are that their midfield (with the likes of Thompson, Dangerfield, Sloan etc) are having less impact even their rising star defender is looking 2nd rate so far with the amount of pressure he is under.

We would kill to have some of the A grade talent they have in the midfield and yet when they are not getting first use of the ball, their problems are similar to Melbourne's (albeit nowhere near as bad).

I think if we were able to break even in this part of the ground or at least nullify our opponents in this area, the scoreboard will be much closer.

I think at this stage of his career Gawn is being unfairly overhyped... but he may be able to make a contest of it in there in way that Jamar cannot.

• Like 3

So if Royal is our big issue please explain Nathan Jones and Matt Jones and to a lesser d egree Viney? Royal is really horrible except for those guys ?

You would have zero idea whether Royal is good or bad..or any other assistant coach. Only the likes of Neeld/Craig and the players would know.

Those three usually know where to get the ball offensively, but defensively they're reasonably inept at the moment. Either way you look at it, our set ups are atrocious. That's Royal's department. If he's not implementing structures, what is he doing?

Nutbean he is responsible for stoppage setups. Not manning in the middle and playing tight etc.. needs to go!

Exactly.

Travis Johnstone played twice as many and was twice as lazy..,

We have relied on the Russian too much for too long. Give him a break, let him recover - he has taken an absolute bashing over the past three weeks

No, we waited close on seven years for him to do anything. He was woeful through all the White years. He's been playing the best part of a decade and he's played one, yes one, good season. If anything's more endemic of mediocre culture, I haven't come across it yet.

Thats true, but one thing is for sure, if Gawn could string a few games together Jamar would probably be a very handy back up ruckman.

No, he wouldn't. He can't mark or kick. Where would you propose we sit him? He's no good at full forward.

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 2

Says in the age today that GWS will be looking for a ruckman at the end of the year with Jamar supposedly on their list. I feel the game has passed him (esp with the new ruck rules) but is it really worth trading one of our only senior players at the club - even for a reasonable pick? Much of our problems today seem to stem from our lack of senior players / leadership

Robertson, White, Yze, McDonald, Rivers, Moloney (I'm not saying we made the wrong call on all of them) - it can't be creating a good culture if none of our players finish their careers at the club or feel their careers have been ruthlessly cut short. Or can it? How do other clubs manage this? We seem to do it particularly badly.

Jamar is useless.

Can't handball,

He's not bad at the shortie to a team-mate under the hammer (Cam Bruce anyone?).

It isn't a self-preservation thing though, it's inertial, he can't get the old bod to move and so must pop the pill into someone else's court.

Jamar is not fit....its his leg/foot injury and it hasnt healed fully yet is my take...Has anyone noticed he isnt jumping barely at all in a ruck contest....

The guy is a pretty good ruckman when fit...people need to lay off i say.

Its the team as a whole that have to play better not just Russian.

Jamar is not fit....its his leg/foot injury and it hasnt healed fully yet is my take...Has anyone noticed he isnt jumping barely at all in a ruck contest....

The guy is a pretty good ruckman when fit...people need to lay off i say.

Its the team as a whole that have to play better not just Russian.

No idea if this is correct or not, but got down to training quite late and didn't see Jamar (or Chip) out there at all.

Gawn was looking good...

If he is injured that explains his poor form.

If not, he should be traded to GWS for a good midfielder.

Says in the age today that GWS will be looking for a ruckman at the end of the year with Jamar supposedly on their list. I feel the game has passed him (esp with the new ruck rules) but is it really worth trading one of our only senior players at the club - even for a reasonable pick? Much of our problems today seem to stem from our lack of senior players / leadership

Robertson, White, Yze, McDonald, Rivers, Moloney (I'm not saying we made the wrong call on all of them) - it can't be creating a good culture if none of our players finish their careers at the club or feel their careers have been ruthlessly cut short. Or can it? How do other clubs manage this? We seem to do it particularly badly.

Robbo, Yze and White did not have their careers cut ruthlessly short. On the contrary they were extended by the Dees. McDonald of course did.

But your overall point is valid, We have been terrible at sending off longer term players. On the other hand our longer term players have had the misfortune to be in the wrong age group when we are rebuilding. AND playing ordinary football a la Green

Worst player to play 100 games of AFL?!

He was All Australian for Christ's sake.

That said, he has been absolutely pathetic this year and for much of last year.

Missing out on Jack Hannath was not ideal.

Just on Jack Hannath, I've taken this from the Dockers website with regards to their players performances in the WAFL on the weekend....

Jack Hannath – (PT) 13 disposals (8 kicks, 5 handballs) 5 marks, 25 hitouts

Jack rucked most of the game with Craig Moller withdrawing. He won the majority of his hitouts and gave Peel’s midfield first use of the ball. We need him to be more aggressive with his run around the ground and put more pressure on the opposition.