Cameron Schwab

Range Rover

You want to know why we're a weak club and perceived as a weak supporter group?

Because we have a game where our PLAYERS give no effort, and our COACH give us nothing, and "we" (well, rats like RR) blame the CEO.

What a massive load of rubbish.

Schwab is a divisive figure both within the club and the media. This is untenable in a role where hundreds of suitably qualified people have the skills to replace him.

Moreover, as a small club, the MFC needs its CEO to put the case to the AFL for greater equalisation measures. We have no Friday night games this year and our fixture is horrible from a marketing and sponsorship point of view. Schwab can’t do that while donning Harry Potter’s invisibility cloak. And he has no credibility to do so in light of the recent history of the club.

• Like 2

Having a different CEO won't magically make our players give effort or give us a coach with a gameplan..

I don't know if you guys quite understand this, but the CEO is an admin position, has nothing to do with the player/coach performance.

Don't let the actual people to blame off the hook by letting RR stir up this blind witch hunt.

Tell the Geelong FC that Brian Cook had absolutely zero effect on the performance of that club.

• Like 5

I don't know about Schwabb I could swing either way. I'm with stuie's line of thought that a CEO doesn't put on a jumper or coach but why do freo and tigers supporters cringe at the thought of him at their clubs? I don't bloody know anymore this club gives me a damn headache.

All i know is that in 6-7 months of training

NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

McLardy's quote in todays paper

"Maybe the players thought it was still the NAB CUP" Hun. Page 67

Not Fcuking good enough Don....this club still runs on amateur traditions i have no doubt.

We have a list of players who do not play for the jumper or their team mates.

Jack Viney Mitch Clark & Matt Jones did.

Something is still stinking inside this club & i think it is upstairs.

"Maybe the players thought it was the NAB CUP"!!

Inagine if Jeff Kennett said that in reference to Hawthorn when he presided.

You are out of your depth i fear Don.

• Like 4

Schwab is a divisive figure both within the club and the media. This is untenable in a role where hundreds of suitably qualified people have the skills to replace him.

Moreover, as a small club, the MFC needs its CEO to put the case to the AFL for greater equalisation measures. We have no Friday night games this year and our fixture is horrible from a marketing and sponsorship point of view. Schwab can’t do that while donning Harry Potter’s invisibility cloak. And he has no credibility to do so in light of the recent history of the club.

What is your proof he is divisive? Give me facts.

Ok, list me one hundred people who can come in do his job. You said there were "hundreds", so listing 100 shouldn't be too hard. Go.

I'm not blindly supporting Schwab, I'm open to being convinced he's no good, but none of you can provide any actual facts.

• Like 1

I don't know about Schwabb I could swing either way. I'm with stuie's line of thought that a CEO doesn't put on a jumper or coach but why do freo and tigers supporters cringe at the thought of him at their clubs? I don't bloody know anymore this club gives me a damn headache.

The thing that frustrates me is that all these anti-Schwab people are letting the coaches and players off the hook! IT'S THEIR FAULT!! How many other teams that people are using as examples of success go after their CEO when their players give a weak effort?!

• Like 1

What is your proof he is divisive? Give me facts.

Ok, list me one hundred people who can come in do his job. You said there were "hundreds", so listing 100 shouldn't be too hard. Go.

I'm not blindly supporting Schwab, I'm open to being convinced he's no good, but none of you can provide any actual facts.

If you want facts just look at all the posts on this site, I know you don't agree but the fact is a lot on here don't want him at the club. That is a fact 'stuie', that is proof. I don't know of any other CEO that draws the same criticism.

...and you haven't answered the point about Cook.

...and no it's not letting the coaches and players off the hook but how many on the list need to be turned over and how many coaches do we need to sack before we realise something else might not be right?

• Like 1

Yes the performance of THE CLUB, not the performance of THE PLAYERS.

I mean premiership success 'stuie' and you know that. Ask Geelong how much part Cook played in their premiership success. You reckon they will say none, zero, zilch?

I can't understand after the events leading to Baileys dismissal and the state of the club since then how anyone can defend Schwab. If he didn't have an emotional Jimmy by his side in the early days he would have achieved NOTHING.

He doesn't speak publicly or defend the club, he lets Don McLardy do it from f*#king New Zealand (which is a bad look for us anyways). Why didn't he make a comment himself? Because the broader football community and the media see him as being the root cause of our issues. He has zero respect left

Time for Greg Healy or Spargo to be the new President (Don doesn't command respect), and for them to appoint a new CEO.

• Like 2

I struggle to see how the board or CEO can be held responsible for Sunday other that for employing the heads of the Football Department. They are linked. Removing the board and/or CEO won't fix the on-field problems without also making big changes to the FD?

• Like 1

I mean premiership success 'stuie' and you know that. Ask Geelong how much part Cook played in their premiership success. You reckon they will say none, zero, zilch?

Can't remember Cook ever being blamed for poor performances, that's a purely MFC supporter trait. Weak.

I struggle to see how the board or CEO can be held responsible for Sunday other that for employing the heads of the Football Department. They are linked. Removing the board and/or CEO won't fix the on-field problems without also making big changes to the FD?

Maybe, but this CEO and board can't be trusted to sort it out.

Can't remember Cook ever being blamed for poor performances, that's a purely MFC supporter trait. Weak.

Because he is a great operator and not a divisive figure, but you have still deflected the question. You talk credibility.

Can we just wait and see the response?

Unfortunately, that's what's wrong with many attitudes in our Club.... We have been asked so many times over the past couple of years to "Just wait and see the response" It has gone way past a joke now.

• Like 1

Maybe, but this CEO and board can't be trusted to sort it out.

Because he is a great operator and not a divisive figure, but you have still deflected the question. You talk credibility.

All you've done is deflect.

Give me facts and proof instead of opinion.

I asked for facts and you said "If you want facts just look at all the posts on this site"

What an absolute load of rubbish.

Tell North Melbourne that. Tell the Bulldogs that after the weekend. Tell Port that.

Maybe one day the penny will drop that pro sports clubs are nothing without strong leadership at the top and that the performance of the team is often a reflection of the leadership of the clubs admin. Yes the players and coaches need to also be held accountable for Sundays efforts but when this has been an ongoing feature of the club for several years it is more than just that. Why can the Bulldogs, Power, Suns and Giants give spirited performances in round 1 despite being just as terrible as us last yer? Why are Tigers, Bombers and Kangas challenging for finals when not too long ago we were on a par with them?

Something is seriously wrong at the club to quote Paul Roos and its not just the coach and players.

• Like 2

All you've done is deflect.

Give me facts and proof instead of opinion.

I asked for facts and you said "If you want facts just look at all the posts on this site"

What an absolute load of rubbish.

You've got to be kidding answer the question mate. I've given you the proof, if you think everyone that doesn't want Schwab is a fool and doesn't count so be it but that to me shows he divides opinion, is divisive.

Now tell me about Cook and why he has had nothing to do with Geelong's on ground success.

Maybe one day the penny will drop that pro sports clubs are nothing without strong leadership at the top and that the performance of the team is often a reflection of the leadership of the clubs admin. Yes the players and coaches need to also be held accountable for Sundays efforts but when this has been an ongoing feature of the club for several years it is more than just that. Why can the Bulldogs, Power, Suns and Giants give spirited performances in round 1 despite being just as terrible as us last yer? Why are Tigers, Bombers and Kangas challenging for finals when not too long ago we were on a par with them?

Something is seriously wrong at the club to quote Paul Roos and its not just the coach and players.

And Paul Roos would know the inner workings of MFC how exactly?

Here's a list: Hardwick, Hird, Scott, Neeld.... Who's the odd one out do you think?

It's hardly the players fault. Schwab/Neeld has bled the club of talent and the list is now a stinking mess of aging VFL players. The players aren't good enough to win games. They could do a 30 point loss at best if primed psychologically. Neeld and Schwab need to go.

You've got to be kidding answer the question mate. I've given you the proof, if you think everyone that doesn't want Schwab is a fool and doesn't count so be it but that to me shows he divides opinion, is divisive.

Now tell me about Cook and why he has had nothing to do with Geelong's on ground success.

I answered your post about Cook earlier mate. Go back and read.

I've asked you for facts and proof and you've told me to read Demonland. That's how much credibility your point has. 0.

Dividing opinion on an internet forum isn't the same as being divisive to a football club. FFS.

It's hardly the players fault. Schwab/Neeld has bled the club of talent and the list is now a stinking mess of aging VFL players. The players aren't good enough to win games. They could do a 30 point loss at best if primed psychologically. Neeld and Schwab need to go.

FMD.