• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Cameron Schwab

Range Rover

You are not interested in proof, if you answer my question I will give you the proof you don't want.

"is the football club really only the sum of it's members and are the board appointed by the members to act in their interests?"

I think that's a deliberately simplistic and leading question to suit your own agenda.

I deal in facts, try and catch on to that.

You have provided NO FACTS.

Great post. Particularly agree with the part in bold.

I'm not saying the board is untouchable, but screaming for the head of the CEO after a weak effort by the players and coach is typical old school MFC supporter rubbish.

I agree that they are seperate issues. But to say that this view has just sprung up due to a poor performance on the weekend is rubbish.

I agree that they are seperate issues. But to say that this view has just sprung up due to a poor performance on the weekend is rubbish.

There were no threads shouting for the sacking of the board before the weekend... Now there's a whole bunch (mainly started by Range Rover).

I'm not saying it's due to one game, but there's people who have an obvious personal problem with Schwab for some reason and they are using Sunday's game as an excuse to try and get him sacked.

There are probably a number of factors behind our current situation, but first and foremost we have a very poor list which has been, in part, handpicked by the coach and one he's called "his list". We have a huge problem getting our hands on the ball during a match and that's the fault of the coach and how he prepares and instructs the players; that in itself has nothing to do with the board or the CEO, it's a football matter.

The other issue is the Board and CEO who may, or may not, be steering us in the right direction; they should be looked at as a separately.

I don't recall Neeld or any other member of the FD saying at any stage that the were frustrated by the Board/CEO, they may be but all I've heard so far are reports from Demonlanders and Journalists. Can't we just accept the facts that we have a poor list, we've probably made the wrong choice as a coach and then try and work out how to fix that?

I understand that the Board chose the coach and they have to accept the responsibility for that, I also understand that we don't have the greatest President in the competition and the Board lack football nouse but they were the only ones who stood up at the AGM and put their names up for the positions. I'm sure that if someone else who was vastly superior to McLardy wanted the position then he could be convinced to stand aside; one thing about McLardy he is passionate about the club and wouldn't try to hurt it in any way.

I have reservations about Schwab because I personally think he puts his energy in to the wrong areas and that applies to a lot of the Admin staff at the club. I won't elaborate but they do tend to ignore those that contribute and prefer their own company.

Wow Robbie

A clearly and simply expressed description. Thanks.

For all the comments on all the threads I think I like this most of all.

I am not sure about your reference to admin staff preferring their own company, but agree with all else.

This is Neelds list and his style of footy. The CEO and board did appoint him and gave him 3 yrs. The fact that he wasnt expecting what happened and more significantly that he had no alternative action is the most salient point.

I will give him a little longer (till the end of his contract) before saying he has failed. But it sure doesnt look good at the moment.

The CEO and the board will be judged by their actions over this appointment. I dont know the circumstances or obligations of the CEO contract but am a little surprised he was given 3 yrs given that he does have obvious problems with the media and therefore in representing the club. He does seem to have a track record of ensuring the FD has the resources they need (including the ability to secure the players the coach wanted) so he has had some success. The CEO is not the coach and I hope he doesnt try to be.

I would want him to remind the coach of the requirements of his job to get the best out of the players and deliver some on field success. The coach must then remind the players of their skills their priveleged position and the need for them to perform to continue.

But yes we need premiership success and unless there is a massive change I fear for the future of the club.

I think that's a deliberately simplistic and leading question to suit your own agenda.

I deal in facts, try and catch on to that.

You have provided NO FACTS.

The question is a very fair one seeing as you are requiring proof. However it seems you are more interested in your position than proof as evidenced by your ridiculous stand on Cook only being a bean counter with absolutely no influence on the on ground premiership success of the Geelong FC.

The question is a very fair one seeing as you are requiring proof. However it seems you are more interested in your position than proof as evidenced by your ridiculous stand on Cook only being a bean counter with absolutely no influence on the on ground premiership success of the Geelong FC.

Not only do you provide no facts, now you're trying to misquote me.

You lose. Again.

Hahahaha... That says it all.

I didn't intentional bait you stuie.

But am beginning to wonder.

There is definitely something behind the hate of CS by CW , GD and others in the media.

They cannot all be crack pots.

I would love to know the real reason.

I suspect it all stems from the 2011 year that so much of our problems seem to stem from.

• Like 1

I have read through Stuies and Rjay's continued argument and you could both go on forever. I believe at this point in time our playing group, coaches, Board, President and CEO have not done enough. Its quite easy for them all to point the finger at each other, but they have all NOT DONE ENOUGH to stop the rot. I just got back from the states and i was amazed at how Jerry Buss was portrayed in LA. Talk about a defining leader who employed and developed the best in his organisation. Thats the thing that hurts me the most. Everyone excluding the supporters and members that are directing employed by the MFC have not done enough. They need to lift NOW, not tomorrow, not next week, NOW. This could be the line in the sand for the MFC, where we're united and home truths are spoken about not just between the players and coaches. I am not expecting anything to change, but i will be waiting. if the vast opinions and ego's can come together through Demonland, the MFC should be a breeze, these people are being paid to be there.

Edited by BrisbaneDemon
  • Like 1

Do you have physical proof they were going to sack him? I've heard rumours but that's all.

If it's true, what facts do you have about why they were going to?

If it's such a simple question then answer it yourself.

In the end, neither of us are on the board, so we don't know any of this.

You've got rocks in your head mate, not gonna waste my time banging my head against a brick wall when you just continue to deflect and fail to address simple questions. You still claim Schwab is responsible for our facilities despite the fact its been pointed out multiple times this was set up by the prior board. You're a dead set joke, keep playing the sycophant though if that's what floats your boat.

• Like 2

'Robbie' it would be better if you did elaborate, you've eluded to things like this in the past and as a contributor to the club as you are it is important that you speak out on things that effect the running of the club.

It's part of what's wrong with our culture - it's one thing to not air dirty laundry it's another to keep these exclusive cliques that view long term loyal supporters with contempt (see Schwab's last post on Demonland - I'd bump the thread but it was locked by a mod).

BTW not having a go at you in particular RF there are many on here who elude to things but fail to elaborate as the rank and file are not part of the inner circle or boys club.

You've got rocks in your head mate, not gonna waste my time banging my head against a brick wall when you just continue to deflect and fail to address simple questions. You still claim Schwab is responsible for our facilities despite the fact its been pointed out multiple times this was set up by the prior board. You're a dead set joke, keep playing the sycophant though if that's what floats your boat.

All you do is deflect.

I've asked you for proof and facts countless times and you still can't provide any.

End of story.

Just found out that Whiteboard Wednesday videos are still on Youtube. Looked back on a couple. What an embarrassment they were and absolute garbage. And many supporters swallowed it all up. Scary stuff.

Stuie - If you haven't seen them, you ought to. They may give you some insight into why some of us think CS was a meddlesome micromanager - knows nothing about the game (on the field), and yet putting this tripe up for the supporters. I think there's deep seated resentment towards him (and the Board which backed him over Bailey) and it's still fracturing the club...

All you do is deflect.

I've asked you for proof and facts countless times and you still can't provide any.

End of story.

It's been reported in the media numerous times, has not been refuted by the club and has been verified by those with links to the club like Lyon. If you really don't believe that Schwab was going to be sacked on the eve of 186 and think its all just some conspiracy to tarnish his name I really don't see how you can offer anything of substance. There is supporting the club and then there is blindly following the pied piper. Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 1

I am in the separation camp.

Let Schwab et al be looked at for their performance and from a holistic viewpoint the success of the entire club is part of his brief.

However for Saturdays performance you need to start with the players pure and simple.

I dont care how unskilled these players are - I am completely unskilled but i can go on a field and go kamikaze and look like i care about what i am doing.

To deflect and want to blame the CEO is deflection at its best if the real perpertrators of the crime do not get the majority of the blame

You must look at the coach who there must question marks over his message not getting through or at worst - not being able to inspire these insipid footballers to go hard to at the ball.

And certainly look at the CEO and the board.

But it has to be in that order. Letting the softcocks who took the field Sunday abscond without the majority of blame is a crime in itself. Critique Schwab all you like but he is not the first who should be fired out of a cannon

• Like 3

I am in the separation camp.

Let Schwab et al be looked at for their performance and from a holistic viewpoint the success of the entire club is part of his brief.

However for Saturdays performance you need to start with the players pure and simple.

I dont care how unskilled these players are - I am completely unskilled but i can go on a field and go kamikaze and look like i care about what i am doing.

To deflect and want to blame the CEO is deflection at its best if the real perpertrators of the crime do not get the majority of the blame

You must look at the coach who there must question marks over his message not getting through or at worst - not being able to inspire these insipid footballers to go hard to at the ball.

And certainly look at the CEO and the board.

But it has to be in that order. Letting the softcocks who took the field Sunday abscond without the majority of blame is a crime in itself. Critique Schwab all you like but he is not the first who should be fired out of a cannon

I agree the players and coaches need to be blamed/held accountable for the weekend. However Schwab is in the gun too and not on the back of one game. He is a senior leader of this club, why have we not heard a goddamn thing from him since the weekend when the supporters are bleeding following another inept performance and the realisation of get another long year to endure under his tenure?

In an article this morning it stated in over 15 years of Schwab being a CEO at different clubs only 1 year a club has made the finals! 1 year!! Despite the fact he does not line up at CHF his administrations are abject failures when it comes to a footy clubs prime objective, to win games of footy.

• Like 2

gonna cost a motza to sack the ceo and coach

unless there are clauses we don't know about

could break us financially, esp if members desert

and then there is the problem of finding replacements

we need a white knight to steer us through this shyte

I agree the players and coaches need to be blamed/held accountable for the weekend. However Schwab is in the gun too and not on the back of one game. He is a senior leader of this club, why have we not heard a goddamn thing from him since the weekend when the supporters are bleeding following another inept performance and the realisation of get another long year to endure under his tenure?

In an article this morning it stated in over 15 years of Schwab being a CEO at different clubs only 1 year a club has made the finals! 1 year!! Despite the fact he does not line up at CHF his administrations are abject failures when it comes to a footy clubs prime objective, to win games of footy.

You usually dont hear from Administration and i like it that way - unless you want to have a [censored] like Kennett now publicly calling for Clarksons head ?

By all means weigh up his efforts but not as kneejerk reaction to Sunday.

I am a believer that for success that all parts of the club need to be in harmony and operating well. The CEO ( and dont forget it is not a lone decision - sub committees) are in charge of things such as hiring coaches and recruiting staff. But i think that suggesting that CEO directly affects the Esprit de Corp of the players is a stretch. What you dont want is them being divisive and undoing the work of the coaches. I have no idea if Schwab is doing this or not. But to my mind 90% of what happens on the training track and the ground is down to the players and coaches.

"I want Schwab gone because of Sunday" - doesnt cut it with me.

• Like 1

You like making definitive statements so you can sound like you were right, don't you?

Not much substance in your posts nor any solutions, though.

I have asked you an others to defend 101L - 32W, 13th or lower since '06 ... and you won't. What part of "this club is dying" don't you understand?

And where is the apology for the 'wife beating' comment? You're a disgrace. Go away.

Did some fact checking. Schwab had 6 years as general manager for Richmond. Plus 14 years in various stints as CEO for us and Freo. Thats 20 years as head honcho for one meagre finals appearance. And now he has the fat end of a contract still with us. Ouch!

It's part of what's wrong with our culture - it's one thing to not air dirty laundry it's another to keep these exclusive cliques that view long term loyal supporters with contempt (see Schwab's last post on Demonland - I'd bump the thread but it was locked by a mod).

BTW not having a go at you in particular RF there are many on here who elude to things but fail to elaborate as the rank and file are not part of the inner circle or boys club.

OK.

I didn't want to go in to it as it may seem as if I'm blowing my own trumpet but I will on the basis that all I want to do is explain my point.

Over the last 5 or 6 years I've put a fair bit of money in to the club, but if I walked in to a room where all the board members and the senior administration staff were, not one of them would even know who I was.

I've attended two breakfasts where CS was in attendance and have sat round a small table talking to him, both times on the following weekend he has walked past me without any shred of recognition. I was contacted by CC last year and asked if I wanted to attend a game as a guest in the long room at an away match, I didn't want to go but he convinced me too. He said he had a list of all the donations I'd made to the club and he would make a point of looking me up at the game and having a chat to se if there was anything the club could do for me; he didn't even bother speaking to me.

CS was there and he was more interested in schmoozing up to the big wigs on the MCC board than mixing with the people that actually support the club; I don't think he went to speak with anyone on any table except the head table.

I was sitting next to one of the club board members and we had a talk for about an hour or more, the following week at the foundation heroes function he walked past me as if i didn't exist.

After the FH function the only contact I got from the club was an email with an invoice attached.

There have been other times when this has happened and I think I've made my point so i won't document them, but I will say that the club treats their benefactors (my wife uses the term fool) appalingly.

I was talking to a former member of the Woodsmen today and he said that if you put in any money at Collingwood Eddie McGuire would look you up personally and shake your hand and thank you. I'm not looking for anything from the club but I do expect at least a thanks and a word or two now and then. I think that anyone that met me would understand I don't exactly meld in with the crowd and it's not because I'm flamboyant just that I'm 6'2" with a head of white hair, so i find it hard to understand why they seem to forget me all the time.

btw I never heard back from CC even though he said he would keep in touch.

• Like 8

OK.

I didn't want to go in to it as it may seem as if I'm blowing my own trumpet but I will on the basis that all I want to do is explain my point.

Over the last 5 or 6 years I've put a fair bit of money in to the club, but if I walked in to a room where all the board members and the senior administration staff were, not one of them would even know who I was.

I've attended two breakfasts where CS was in attendance and have sat round a small table talking to him, both times on the following weekend he has walked past me without any shred of recognition. I was contacted by CC last year and asked if I wanted to attend a game as a guest in the long room at an away match, I didn't want to go but he convinced me too. He said he had a list of all the donations I'd made to the club and he would make a point of looking me up at the game and having a chat to se if there was anything the club could do for me; he didn't even bother speaking to me.

CS was there and he was more interested in schmoozing up to the big wigs on the MCC board than mixing with the people that actually support the club; I don't think he went to speak with anyone on any table except the head table.

I was sitting next to one of the club board members and we had a talk for about an hour or more, the following week at the foundation heroes function he walked past me as if i didn't exist.

After the FH function the only contact I got from the club was an email with an invoice attached.

There have been other times when this has happened and I think I've made my point so i won't document them, but I will say that the club treats their benefactors (my wife uses the term fool) appalingly.

I was talking to a former member of the Woodsmen today and he said that if you put in any money at Collingwood Eddie McGuire would look you up personally and shake your hand and thank you. I'm not looking for anything from the club but I do expect at least a thanks and a word or two now and then. I think that anyone that met me would understand I don't exactly meld in with the crowd and it's not because I'm flamboyant just that I'm 6'2" with a head of white hair, so i find it hard to understand why they seem to forget me all the time.

btw I never heard back from CC even though he said he would keep in touch.

Thanks for that insight. Cam Schwab sounds to me like one of those guys who is so busy looking up the ladder that he doesn't realise how many fingers he's treading on during his climb. Not good.

• Like 1