Cameron Schwab

Range Rover

I fear most of this is way over your head.

Hinkley's success is a false economy because it comes from one single game in isolation, against a poor opposition.

Still don't get it?

(Yes, that was also rhetorical...)

I know what a false economy is hot shot, I just don't prescribe to your theory that Port's impressive performance on Sunday can be dismissed as such and I've outlined why. When was the last time you saw a Melbourne team perform like that? Certainly not under Neeld. Their pre-season form also broadens the sample. Hinkley provides a legitimate means by which to assess Neeld.

Please don't try taking the intellectual high ground. You're not equipped to do so.

Edited by P_Man

If you genuinely think the CS is the worst CEO in the league you are not giving our Club much credit. Personally I think that he is one of the most professional in the league and his role is not coaching nor playing [which are the two areas shown up last Sunday]. If you want to kick somebody, try CC, passionate about the Club but kept interfering too much and had a different role each year [mostly created to get him further and further away from the playing group]. I cannot understand all these threads criticising the admin and the board when the endeavour of our players [and to a lesser extent their skill levels] i what is really bringing us undone.

Since you don't understand the concept of rhetorical questions, and hilariously fumbled around trying the answer them, I'll give you a response...

Staggeringly delusional.

Hinkley's success is a false economy?? What garbage. The state of the list does not lie and your vitriol can't dispute it. Younger than us. Less experienced than us. A team no-one wanted a bar of at the end of last year. Hinkley and Koch have walked through the door and as the early evidence would suggest, completely transformed that club. They made us look fourth rate.

Another case example can be found with the McCartney and the Bulldogs. Is that also a false economy?

As for your barrage of questions, half of which you don't really want an answer to, I'm not going to answer them all individually. Putting someone on notice is fairly common terminology, far from "emotive guff". The culture at the club has gone into decline in the past 12-18 months. You can dress it up however you like but that is plain as day judging by the completely disinterested, dispirited playing group, and especially evident in that first round showing, a day when arguably a team should be peaking in terms of confidence and application to the contest. It was a team that has gone backwards from Round 1 last year, a performance that also attracted widespread derision. So no, I have certainly not forgotten what we were like last year, under Neeld's watch. What is even the point of that question? If anything it supports the notion that Neeld is struggling to coach at senior level.

I don't believe we are a great team being poorly managed. I believe we are a mid table team being woefully managed.

I will wait til we play Gold Coast in Round 7 to make a final judgement on Neeld, but alarm bells have been set off. By all means, you continue to make excuses and agree with the voice in your head.

Bulldogs? Yes, that is also a false economy.

They were crap last year, and 1 swallow does not a summer make.

Haha the "early evidence" of 1 match suggests "complete transformation"?! Comedy gold.

"Putting someone on notice" IS common terminology... But what does it mean in this sense?

Really, it's an honest question, and one that would be great for you answer & think about.

Culture at the club has been putrid for a hell of a lot longer than 12-18 months. Short memory? Wouldn't surprise me judging from some of your other responses.

Try 7+ years. Longer.

The team has gone backwards from Round 1 last year..? Easy to say. But in what way?

How so?

Neeld is struggling to coach? A team that was putrid before he came on board?

Or Neeld is having a hard time coaching a list than other men built and he has been given the lengthy and laborious task of recreating in his own image?

What evidence do you have for us being a mid-table team? Or that the coach is the problem?

Have you ever done an in-depth analysis of the list, as individuals or overall?

Why is Round 7 the deadline for "final judgment" on Neeld?

What do you realistically expect him to be able to change between now and then?

No excuses, just rational thought.

I expect and demand improvement, but within reason.

What if we lose by 187 on Sunday.

IMO it is possible

The level of the debate on this thread can be best summed up by this post.

It's impossible that we will lose by 187 on Sunday because the game is being played on Saturday.

Only idiots would be dismissing the CEO after the week we've had. The media would rightfully make a meal of us.

• Like 1

Jens, I have absolutely zero interest in engaging in a game of 20 questions with you, only for you to turn around with your stock standard, childish insults. It's not a discussion. It's your attempt at oneupmanship. I only discuss footy with those I respect and your conduct on this forum has done nothing to earn that.

I've made my view clear enough. You sit there and be content with your footy side. I'm taking a different route.

It's impossible that we will lose by 187 on Sunday because the game is being played on Saturday.

Only idiots would be dismissing the CEO after the week we've had. The media would rightfully make a meal of us.

Absolutely correct! most of us if not all of us are wanting him dismissed for his last 5 years, I'm not sure who the idiots are that would want him gone on the evidence of one game or week.

I don't think he should have been invited back to the club in the first place.

101 losses, 32 wins. 13th or lower since 2006.

Defend it.

Jens, I have absolutely zero interest in engaging in a game of 20 questions with you, only for you to turn around with your stock standard, childish insults. It's not a discussion. It's your attempt at oneupmanship. I only discuss footy with those I respect and your conduct on this forum has done nothing to earn that.

I've made my view clear enough. You sit there and be content with your footy side. I'm taking a different route.

Good for you P man.

I'm concerned about the types of posters you do respect, though.

In future, please put more thought into your responses.

Ta.

I wonder what he will say/write on his white board session this week?

Maybe if we're lucky he'll grace us with his presence on here to ridicule the most loyal and passionate supporters the club has like he did last time.

Where was this animous last week, last month?

You were a staunch Neeld backer up until The Debacle © and now you are off and leading the mob you were against not a few weeks ago.

We wait to see how the players react and how they attempt to wrest back some respect and we make our important decisions without the drunk feeling of rage that is fueling Demonland right now.

We do our blood spilling in October.

Can we have the AGM in October as well instead of February? By February a lot of things from the prior year are forgotten and/or swept under the rug, many supporters minds aren't as focused on the footy and the club is likely to answer any probing questions about the previous year with platitudes such as "we have a new season upon us now and are looking forward, not back" etc etc

Yes I made a small error on the day.

But you think a thrashing is not possible against the bombers.

They are a way better side than Port.

And they will be itching to put the last few defeats by the Dees behind them.

• Like 1

I agree we can't sack anyone after round 1 but this performance for me is the straw that broke the camels back and will be the catalyst for change later in the year. The decision for me has been confirmed now and the club if it were serious should start scouting replacements for Schwab. A successful sports team cannot exist without a successful admin and this is true for any pro sports comp in the world. Schwab doesn't play CHF but he does lead the club as its CEO and so he is ultimately accountable for the on-field performance (along with yes the coach, players, President and board) if it fails after several years to improve at all.

Yes I made a small error on the day.

But you think a thrashing is not possible against the bombers.

They are a way better side than Port.

And they will be itching to put the last few defeats by the Dees behind them.

I agree. Put our pathetic playing group against a opposition with a weeks break and it adds up to a trashing.

We're the worst team of all time, even University's shite didn't last as long as ours.

I think it's well past time for someone else to have a crack at the CEO position.

Another pointless RR thread. Not sure RR has ever started a thread worth reading.

Our financial situation and our administration has SFA to do with our current problem.

We could be rolling in millions of dollars of profits, with 75,000 members. That wouldn't change the fact that our coach, our coaching team, and our players, are all struggling.

I agree. Put our pathetic playing group against a opposition with a weeks break and it adds up to a trashing.

I guess the positive 'cowboy' is that at least we've had 5 months break, but it doesn't look good for us this week.

You want to know why we're a weak club and perceived as a weak supporter group?

Because we have a game where our PLAYERS give no effort, and our COACH give us nothing, and "we" (well, rats like RR) blame the CEO.

What a massive load of rubbish.

101 losses, 32 wins. 13th or lower since 2006.

Defend it.

Explain EXACTLY how the CEO is responsible?

And don't give me the "fish rots at the head" rubbish.

Schwab doesn't coach or play.

• Like 1

You want to know why we're a weak club and perceived as a weak supporter group?

Because we have a game where our PLAYERS give no effort, and our COACH give us nothing, and "we" (well, rats like RR) blame the CEO.

What a massive load of rubbish.

L101 - W32. 13th or lower since '06.

How long are you going to cop it, Stu?

Happy for you to keep the thread at the top of the forum with your ramblings.

It's weak to not place blame where it lays rather than some guy you don't like.

Sunday was the fault of the coaches and players.

It's NOT Cam Schwab's fault, no matter how much you want it to be.

And Schwab didn't play or coach in ANY of those games.... You have 0 logic.

We're the worst team of all time, even University's shite didn't last as long as ours.

I think it's well past time for someone else to have a crack at the CEO position.

Having a different CEO won't magically make our players give effort or give us a coach with a gameplan..

I don't know if you guys quite understand this, but the CEO is an admin position, has nothing to do with the player/coach performance.

Don't let the actual people to blame off the hook by letting RR stir up this blind witch hunt.

• Like 1