• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Million dollar game

drdrake

Its a rare achievement that anyone or thing can write off over a million dollars in two hours, this is the minimum amount that they club will have to write off today.

First item, the swinging members, at a min 2500 @ $200 average.

Then move onto sponsorship, match day functions, merchandise and finish off with gate receipts.

In fact, the football department may have chewed through 2 mill yesterday, but do you know what they will all put their hand out for their pay cheque.

• Like 3

Yep. Will the MFC survive the decade?

I really cant see how it can , WYL? even if the team improved tomorrow and made the 8 i fear its too little too late. lost generations. look at north."'the team of the 90s". still not enough to bring up level to the big clubs. there is SO much more riding on the short/medium term than some respect and 4 points. A commercial farce that collingwood/nth had to play in etihad while the Dees packed out the G with 20000 attendance. pies/roos wouldve packed the G yesterday. its only a matter of time and the club will be lucky to get a home game at the G . it just doesnt make sense to give the dees games there when there are more seagulls than people.

Can't argue. Tanking was the last straw it looks to me after long thoughts.

Clubs are going to line up just to Tee Off at us.

The MFC have been useless in the professional era compared to others. We had it all and threw it away.

Energy Watch.

Ive been a big supporter of Neelds so far and used to tire of tonatopia etc bagging him. but i will admit ive been wrong. he is not a good coach. he was exposed warts and all yesterday. there is some good individual talent on this list but they just look like they are being stifled and are too busy trying to follow instructions instead of just manning up or going for the footy. its all too robotic. i dont buy in to all this stuff about players not trying etc. of course it appears like that but the fact is , any bloke who can make an Afl list is a competitive beast. if not they would never have got through the system. of course they try. yes some try harder than others but its ludicrous to think 12 out of 18 blokes werent trying.

Its deeper than that. they are trying to robotically follow instructions that either they dont quite follow or which simply can not be extrapolated in to real game situations. the latter i feel is more the case. neelds game day philosophies and plans dont stand up to match day stresses.

firing neeld now isnt the answer but the club must certainly be prepared for tough decisions if neeld cant turn this around.

• Like 4

It is a real concern for our club. You can understand taking on a sponsor like an Energy Watch when you have so little revenue coming from other sources actually related to attracting fans support and $$$$$. The long term affect of our continued under performance is a horrible thought, my old man would be rolling over in his grave.

It is a real concern for our club. You can understand taking on a sponsor like an Energy Watch when you have so little revenue coming from other sources actually related to attracting fans support and $$$$$. The long term affect of our continued under performance is a horrible thought, my old man would be rolling over in his grave.

trouble was Energy Watch did not really exist if you tried to actually find it.

It was desperation in its purest form.

• Like 1

Ive been a big supporter of Neelds so far and used to tire of tonatopia etc bagging him. but i will admit ive been wrong. he is not a good coach. he was exposed warts and all yesterday. there is some good individual talent on this list but they just look like they are being stifled and are too busy trying to follow instructions instead of just manning up or going for the footy. its all too robotic. i dont buy in to all this stuff about players not trying etc. of course it appears like that but the fact is , any bloke who can make an Afl list is a competitive beast. if not they would never have got through the system. of course they try. yes some try harder than others but its ludicrous to think 12 out of 18 blokes werent trying.

Its deeper than that. they are trying to robotically follow instructions that either they dont quite follow or which simply can not be extrapolated in to real game situations. the latter i feel is more the case. neelds game day philosophies and plans dont stand up to match day stresses.

firing neeld now isnt the answer but the club must certainly be prepared for tough decisions if neeld cant turn this around.

it is also our opposition smelling blood and weakness

Tanking for draft picks has made Neelds job even harder.

Jack Viney is the man to rebuild this list around.

If he spoke to the players yesterday he should be captain. The others are not up to it.

Frank Grimes was almost speechless at the presser yesterday.

Its a rare achievement that anyone or thing can write off over a million dollars in two hours, this is the minimum amount that they club will have to write off today.

First item, the swinging members, at a min 2500 @ $200 average.

Then move onto sponsorship, match day functions, merchandise and finish off with gate receipts.

In fact, the football department may have chewed through 2 mill yesterday, but do you know what they will all put their hand out for their pay cheque.

Totally agree DrDrake. I just had a verbal run in with a poster on 'Ology about this very subject.

It's about the culture of the football club. A culture which saw our President roll over to the bullies at the AFL. How on earth can we expect the players to do anything otherwise on-field when our off-field leaders raise the white flag in such a pathetic manner?

You are right. The token 500k fine we allowed ourselves to cop at the expense of our integrity as an organization is nothing compared to the millions we will be leaking as a result of the weak way the club is being run.

Don McLardy needs to go ASAP.

• Like 4

Totally agree DrDrake. I just had a verbal run in with a poster on 'Ology about this very subject.

It's about the culture of the football club. A culture which saw our President roll over to the bullies at the AFL. How on earth can we expect the players to do anything otherwise on-field when our off-field leaders raise the white flag in such a pathetic manner?

You are right. The token 500k fine we allowed ourselves to cop at the expense of our integrity as an organization is nothing compared to the millions we will be leaking as a result of the weak way the club is being run.

Don McLardy needs to go ASAP.

Yes. Going to Court to fight would have Galvanized the entire place.

The $$$ it would have cost we lost yesterday anyway.

Sorry but i do not trust the board any longer.

They should have recruited Luke Ball to.....no Gonads.

• Like 1

At this stage the club seems to function only to keep certain people in their jobs.

I would agree with this. I didn't want to agree with it for a time. But now I do.

McLardy, Schwab ... the whole lot of them. Self-preservationists of the highest order. They are killing the club.

Edited by Range Rover
  • Like 1

it is also our opposition smelling blood and weakness

Tanking for draft picks has made Neelds job even harder.

Jack Viney is the man to rebuild this list around.

If he spoke to the players yesterday he should be captain. The others are not up to it.

Frank Grimes was almost speechless at the presser yesterday.

grimes looked like a 10yr old in trouble outsde the principals office. great guy, solid player but hasnt got enough C*NT in him. had the captaincy decision been made last year then jones wouldve got it but thats by the by now. What would you guys think about getting Carey over to the club for some leadership/grit and determination/ mentoring under the guise of Forward line asst coach/goalkicking coach? whatever mistakes he made in life one thing he never did was take a backward step or tolerate mediocrity. i think he has a lot to contribute as a coach or mentor as far as leadership goes. another good one would be LIng. these kind of blokes that could lead people in to battle.

can you imagine what carey would do if one of his players shirked a contest like pedo did yesterday?!!

Range i have to disagree with you about Melbourne rolling over to the AFL being an influence, thats a lame excuse in my book. 22 players walked out onto that field yesterday in red and blue and they walked or stood all day when they should have run. The port players were bugged at the end of the game, how many Melbourne players were. The crowd showed their appreciation for the pathetic effort. TV commentators noted that port players coming to the bench were stuffed, the melbourne players were not, they were just being rotated off to keep our rotations off.

I believe Melbourne players are confused on how to man up and yet still defend the space. I hate the zone concept with a passion. Giving anyone a free kick or 5 meters is stupid in this day and age. Having a spare man in defense meant we were short all day long and port took advantage of that, which left our guys running around in circles trying to figure out who they were supposed to be on. Players are playing to instruction and not natural instincts they are confused and dazed. Go back to basic man up and stay on your man, there should never be uncontested possessions unless you can absolutely help it. too much of this team is based on trying to get easy kicks, BRUISE free football as so aptly put by Carlton, so here we are a couple of years on still playing bruise free football.

• Like 1

Range i have to disagree with you about Melbourne rolling over to the AFL being an influence, thats a lame excuse in my book. 22 players walked out onto that field yesterday in red and blue and they walked or stood all day when they should have run. The port players were bugged at the end of the game, how many Melbourne players were. The crowd showed their appreciation for the pathetic effort. TV commentators noted that port players coming to the bench were stuffed, the melbourne players were not, they were just being rotated off to keep our rotations off.

I believe Melbourne players are confused on how to man up and yet still defend the space. I hate the zone concept with a passion. Giving anyone a free kick or 5 meters is stupid in this day and age. Having a spare man in defense meant we were short all day long and port took advantage of that, which left our guys running around in circles trying to figure out who they were supposed to be on. Players are playing to instruction and not natural instincts they are confused and dazed. Go back to basic man up and stay on your man, there should never be uncontested possessions unless you can absolutely help it. too much of this team is based on trying to get easy kicks, BRUISE free football as so aptly put by Carlton, so here we are a couple of years on still playing bruise free football.

The Club is weak. It filtered down to the grass yesterday.

Regardless of a gameplan only 3 players had a crack yesterday.

The Board rolled over & so did the players

It is connected.

• Like 4

WYL is right, Deecisive. It's very clearly elucidated in Group Psychology, which I believe holds true in this instance. The decisions of those at the top permeate down to those at the bottom. We let Wilson and her ilk hammer us from pillar to post in the media without so much as a fighting word from the President. We let Demetriou and Co bully us into being painted as the 'tankers of the competition' when we had a solid case to prove otherwise.

McLardy failed in this vital test of leadership and now the chickens are unfortunately coming home to roost.

• Like 2

We can't even create an us and them mentality!

The club rolled over on the $500k fine, because the alternative would have brought the club to its knees, and torn the club apart.

The tanking we carried out reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Bart sold his soul...............we have done the same.

We continue to get kicked around like the wimp in the AFL playground.

We exist today on the back of Foundation Hero generosity..................an unsustainable business model.

It's a long way back from here.

• Like 2

Deecisive I listened to the game on the radio and they said the opposite, a boundary rider near the interchange reported the Melbourne players came off looking spent but Port were as fresh as daisy's???

At the President's lunch yesterday it was announced that mfc have signed up 8 new sponsors. Kaspersky asked to come back on board. All done after the tanking decision so incredible good work.

This does not vindicate yesterday's result of course.