Shopping List For 2013

Philthy

None of the above.

Very tall athletic ruckman to deiver to Grimes, Viney, Jones,Toumpas and maybe Frawley.

Giddy up!

I think we would be very unlikely to recruit a better "tall athletic ruckman" than the one we have got. A fit big Maxy Gawn would rapidly become our no. 1 ruckman, and the second tallest in the league after Sandilands. We have now put three year's development into Max, and hopefully this will be the year for the payoff.

Certainly, the fitness staff on the latest injury summary on the MFC site suggest he is coming along nicely and are saying he could be playing matches in a couple of weeks but will be held back to make absolutely sure.

I saw him training two weeks ago for about 45 minutes after everyone else had gone in with three others doing run kicking/marking drills from one end of the ground to the other and he is very quick for one so tall and a good kick on the run -,certainly much superior to Jamar and Spencer. And he can take pack marks. It is a pity the one time he took a strong mark in front of goal in a real game he missed from 15 meters out!

Max could be anything. I suggest we see how the year plays out before we make decisions here. The solution may well be resting in our backyard, almost ready to go...

Edited by Dees2014

I think we would be very unlikely to recruit a better "tall athletic ruckman" than the one we have got. A fit big Maxy Gawn would rapidly become our no. 1 ruckman, and the second tallest in the league after Sandilands. We have now put three year's development into Max, and hopefully this will be the year for the payoff.

Certainly, the fitness staff on the latest injury summary on the MFC site suggest he is coming along nicely and are saying he could be playing matches in a couple of weeks but will be held back to make absolutely sure.

I saw him training two weeks ago for about 45 minutes after everyone else had gone in with three others doing run kicking/marking drills from one end of the ground to the other and he is very quick for one so tall and a good kick on the run -,certainly much superior to Jamar and Spencer. And he can take pack marks. It is a pity the one time he took a strong mark in front of goal in a real game he missed from 15 meters out!

Max could be anything. I suggest we see how the year plays out before we make decisions here. The solution may well be resting in our backyard, almost ready to go...

Would like to see something from him too because have found it difficult to know if he can play or not. Max certainly is the right size, but he isn't on the park for the third year running due ongoing injury which puts a cloud over things for me. ( I note Tappy takes a fair bit of heat on this subject too so I hope they both prove me wrong) Jamar has had one good season and these days seems to be tap ruckman only getting very little of the pill or kicking goals. He is also realatively short for a ruckman these days. Spence gives it a shot and has some grunt but also been there a while and yet to take the next step and impose himself.

So time for one of these three to step up soon or we need to improve through recruitment for me.

Rory Taggert. Really excited about him. Having said that, I am on record as saying that Lucas Cook needed more time....and lay off Cale Morton. And Dean Kent did look promising.

He is actually a pretty decent kick Old Dee.. The box hill game i saw last year i thought his kicking stood out.

Well that is a hell of a start dd.

Already puts him in front of about 8 at the Dees.

We could do with getting a diamond out of the rough

Given the team's reaction on Friday to Dunn being manhandled by Vickery, I'd say an enforcer or two.

Beau Waters (free agent this year), Mitch Robinson or even a left-field option in a considerably cheaper Campbell Brown (due to his underwhelming form since signing with GC).

As much as we need another proven gun midfielder, we need some serious hardening up first.

Old Dee, he looked ok when I went back and had a look but, again, time and space very different when the pressure off. Neeld does need to take a punt on these blokes though throughout the season: Evans, Jones etc.

Not too much to ask is it?

Given the team's reaction on Friday to Dunn being manhandled by Vickery, I'd say an enforcer or two.

Beau Waters (free agent this year), Mitch Robinson or even a left-field option in a considerably cheaper Campbell Brown (due to his underwhelming form since signing with GC).

As much as we need another proven gun midfielder, we need some serious hardening up first.

An enforcer? Are you kidding? What is this, the 80s?

Old Dee, he looked ok when I went back and had a look but, again, time and space very different when the pressure off. Neeld does need to take a punt on these blokes though throughout the season: Evans, Jones etc.

Not too much to ask is it?

I think it is a good chance they will get a fair run this year.

All are Neeld selections so he must have seen something in these guys.

As well there will be injuries so I would not worry about them getting games before too long.

We need gun midfielders, pure and simple. You can win a flag with an average forward line or back line. You need a good hard working midfielder to win. Everything revolves round that. We need more good midfielders, both inside and outside, before we rise up the ladder. At this stage our midfield is a bottom 4 midfield, and we're going nowhere in a hurry until this is rectified. Bringing in Viney and Toumpas should help hopefully with time, but we still need more.
Good news is our forward line and back line stocks are good. Infact, with a good midfield helping to apply pressure defensively or send the ball inside 50 with clean disposal, I'd consider both our back line and forward line to be in the better half of the league. It's just the midfield holding us back.

I see Nicholson is the same role as Blease & Bail. & I guess Barry will be.

I see Nicho more as a runner out of the back half bringing the ball out, than a small defender.

mate after seeing the program on concussion tonight I think Bail should retire/ be retire.

He does not have the head for it I am afraid.

• Like 1

We desperatley lack speed around stoppages, we need another 2 or 3 Bleases

I hope Evans can find a regular spot in the team this year. With him, nicho and blease we have some speed. Viney is very quick off a step as well.