Training - Friday 1st February, 2013

Rigoni Rigoni

Meanwhile over at the Kangaroos:

Jordan Gysberts training the house down at North

Actually, have cast the occasional eye over the North boards, and Jordie is remarkable if only for his absence. No-one even seems to have him in their Round 1 team, so hard to see that he's training the house down.

Couldn't care less about Jordan Gysberts. Couldn't be arsed pulling his finger out for us, why should I wish him well for someone else. North at that.

We spent a first round pick on him and got diddly squat in return- now he's "training the house down," I take this as an insult. Why couldn't he do it with us? Good riddance.

• Like 2

Love how so many 'Landers bag out Caro and Pierik for unfounded rumours and lack of facts yet they apparently all know Jordan Gysberts training habbits.

Please get some perspective.'Landers make no apologies for being one-eyed and self serving and contribute in our spare time to vent.

Reporters however are paid professionals who once upon a time claimed, amongst other things, high factual integrity, balance, fairness and accuracy as key principles of their work.

Sports reporters may need to be more in the business of rumor mongering for their own self perpetuation but this is exactly what many of us find so distateful

given the potential damaging consequences on groups and individuals.

• Like 2

I could handle Martin, Rivers, Petterd, Bennell and even Moloney and Morton excelling at their respective clubs. But Gysberts turning into a gun at North would be a hard pill to swallow. It would [censored] me off immensely, actually.

• Like 3

Love how so many 'Landers bag out Caro and Pierik for unfounded rumours and lack of facts yet they apparently all know Jordan Gysberts training habbits.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make. Our gripe with Caro and Pierik is the way they go about denigrating the club. Where as Gysberts training the house down or not is inconsequential. Fact is he didn't do it with us, and the last thing I care about is how he is training with the enemy.

Can we trade you to North? I think it will be a good fit- nobody cares about them either.

Ignore me already.

• Like 2

I have no idea what point you are trying to make. Our gripe with Caro and Pierik is the way they go about denigrating the club. Where as Gysberts training the house down or not is inconsequential. Fact is he didn't do it with us, and the last thing I care about is how he is training with the enemy.

Can we trade you to North? I think it will be a good fit- nobody cares about them either.

Ignore me already.

Just like to know where you got your "facts" about how Gysberts "couldn't be arsed pulling his finger out for us"?

• Like 1

I could handle Martin, Rivers, Petterd, Bennell and even Moloney and Morton excelling at their respective clubs. But Gysberts turning into a gun at North would be a hard pill to swallow. It would [censored] me off immensely, actually.

If Pedersen turned out to be a great recruit I'm sure that pill wouldn't be that bitter after all.

Here's hoping.

• Like 4

If Pedersen turned out to be a great recruit I'm sure that pill wouldn't be that bitter after all.

Here's hoping.

I liked Gysberts, know him through a mutual friend and knew he was working hard and had a MASSIVE amount of talent... But my impression with the Gys/Pedo trade was that it was a very "Neeld" type decision, ie- trade a guy away who is a gamble, might be a superstar might not make it, for a guy who won't be a superstar, but will be a consistent, solid contributor. At the stage we're at now and with what we're trying to do i think it was a smart move albeit a calculated risk.

Edited by stuie
  • Like 2

We traded him Stuie. Why would Neeld trade a promising youngster who had a dip at training and had a winning attitude?

Do you know nothing of the Neeld way?

Moloney was a hard trainer, Martin too.... It's not ALL about training, some of it is about Neeld wanting specific types for specific roles. But if you have your email from Mark there about how Gysberts trains then feel free to forward it to me.....

• Like 1

Oh he's bought Moloney and Martin into the argument lol, relevance?

Might be hard trainers- clearly added nothing to the team. Martin couldn't play the game and Moloney had attitude problems. Quite obvious. Gysberts had massive potential and could play the game, yet traded. Obviously something was wrong with his application.

You're sticking up for him because you knew him through a mutual friend. Good for you.

Why would you think Barry is a gamble? I certainly don't.

Because he weighs as much as my left calf and is eons off having a body to compete in AFL. Anything can happen between now and the time he has a body to become a regular. Definition of a gamble.

Oh he's bought Moloney and Martin into the argument lol, relevance?

Might be hard trainers- clearly added nothing to the team. Martin couldn't play the game and Moloney had attitude problems. Quite obvious. Gysberts had massive potential and could play the game, yet traded. Obviously something was wrong with his application.

You're sticking up for him because you knew him through a mutual friend. Good for you.

Comprehension isn't your strong point is it Sloonie...

YOU brought up about not trading someone who "had a dip at training", so I gave you two examples of players who trained hard and were still traded. You then backed up my point in your post without even realizing it. You try and say it's "quite obvious" what Neeld is on about yet you don't seem to understand what that is... He's ditching the old "talent first" philosophy and getting players for specific roles, this means that even a player doing nothing wrong as such might be traded for the good of team balance. And as for your conclusion of "obviously something was wrong with his application", again I ask you to provide facts instead of rumour, as I told you I know directly from him he was working very hard.

• Like 1

Because he weighs as much as my left calf and is eons off having a body to compete in AFL. Anything can happen between now and the time he has a body to become a regular. Definition of a gamble.

1) Have you even bothered to watch him at training? He'll play games this year.

2) Dustin Fletcher has had a good career for a skinny bloke

3) So you think we should only draft players over 22? You know, so they have the body to become a regular?

• Like 1

Moloney- long servant who lost his way. Cracked the sads when dropped from the leadership group and went from leader on the field to finger pointer. Neeld gave him ample opportunity to prove himself and crack back into the team, and seeing as he couldn't with our "third world midfield" Moloney proved himself to be a spent force. Conclusion traded. Training habits don't come into it.

Martin- tried in numerous positions around the field yet struggled to find a niche. Had one good season when Jamar went down but unless dominating ruck he ran around like a headless chook. Clearly added nothing to the team on game day. Traded. Training habits don't come into it.

Gysberts- played 20 something games in two seasons. Had 2 stellar first hit outs where named best on ground in debut against the force which is Geelong. Massive potential as an extractor and possession accumulator in a team that was SCREAMING out for midfield talent. One must deduce from that that there was a problem with his attitude. Therefore poor trainer.

You get traded from a club for a myriad of reasons. Moloney and Martin were traded because they didn't fit into the team. There was room for a player of Gysberts ilk yet he was traded. What do you make of that Stuie? And don't tell me we traded out a potential 200 gamer midfield gem for a VFL hardened ruck CHF linkman because Neeld values consistent B graders over potential A graders.

Must be application. But please tell me how Gysberts was a hard trainer because you knew him.

• Like 3