The Grinter Award ... New for 2013?

Guest NoMoreMrNiceGuy

Guest NoMoreMrNiceGuy

Go for it. I live in hope that 'ology may be rescued and return to the once fantastic site that it was and wouldn't want both to have the same name for the awards

You can't take Demonology's award title and gloss over it by giving them "credit" for it. It would be outright plagiarism to adopt this; if I put my Demonology member hat on, I'd view this as a kick in the teeth.

The Grinter award was introduced to Demonology by a poster who contributes here and given that Demonology is still alive, albeit not thriving just yet, but nevertheless a going concern and intends to conduct the Grinter in 2013, perhaps it would be only fair to select another hard man.

My suggestion would be the Biffin award.

Fair enough guys re the name but I don't see why Demonland can't have its own 'hard man' award. I wasn't sure if it had really taken off over there at 'Ology (some weeks almost no-one would vote in it or even start a thread on it), but that's by and by. The Grinter name is taken.

I do like the Strawbs O'Dwyer Award nominated by Daisycutter. He straddles the right era (Northey) and had that nice little bit of loose-cannon mongrel about him that we'd like to see return to the MFC.

Is it settled then? The Strawbs O'Dwyer Award ...?

strawbs.jpg

has the Big Carl ever been invited back to the Demons for functions. I know he is an Aints favorite son, but he was also a Captain Coach for Melbourne who played 2 stints for us. He was a fantastic tough player. I know Robbie Flower was not happy when he went back to St. Kilda coz he did not want to play against him.

Big Carl protected only those who wore the same jumper. For that reason Robbie was stoked when he returned!!

I spoke to big Carl briefly at the 150 Heroe's dinner. Very quiet and unassuming fellow. Edited by gsmith12

Fair enough guys re the name but I don't see why Demonland can't have its own 'hard man' award. I wasn't sure if it had really taken off over there at 'Ology (some weeks almost no-one would vote in it or even start a thread on it), but that's by and by. The Grinter name is taken.

I do like the Strawbs O'Dwyer Award nominated by Daisycutter. He straddles the right era (Northey) and had that nice little bit of loose-cannon mongrel about him that we'd like to see return to the MFC.

Is it settled then? The Strawbs O'Dwyer Award ...?

strawbs.jpg

I love the idea but the Strawberry O'Dwyer Award seems a little bit long winded and doesnt really give a fair indication of Rodney's attributes (which were many). What about "The Biff" or is that too politically incorrect these days.

Guest NoMoreMrNiceGuy

I love the idea but the Strawberry O'Dwyer Award seems a little bit long winded and doesnt really give a fair indication of Rodney's attributes (which were many). What about "The Biff" or is that too politically incorrect these days.

You could be right Longsuffering. It definitely doesn't have the same ring as The Grinter.

Perhaps we should come up with something other than a player's name ....

Suggestions anyone?

You could be right Longsuffering. It definitely doesn't have the same ring as The Grinter.

Perhaps we should come up with something other than a player's name ....

Suggestions anyone?

Well seeing as how you liked the sound of 'Balls' Grinter why not just call it the "Apricots" Award for the player with the most cajones

(I still like the "Strawbs" O'Dwyer award but)

Well seeing as how you liked the sound of 'Balls' Grinter why not just call it the "Apricots" Award for the player with the most cajones

(I still like the "Strawbs" O'Dwyer award but)

"Grapes of Wrath" no?

Just running it up the flagpole .

that's the trouble with you elitist intellectuals, no feel for the common man. Where is your humanity?

In the Hindenburg ,sipping Moselle.

I've got a cabin upstairs ,sipping Champagne.

If we crash I wont spill a drop .

• Like 2

talking about not spilling a drop.......

"Let the Heathens spill theirs

On the Dusty ground"

Maybe ,but never Champagne .

Strawbs needed to play in the '88 GF for him to qualify imo. Loved his work. But on the Saturday morning of the game i was already depressed. I knew what would happen.

Danny Hughes took the first bounce.

It was sad.

i hear you brother. I was surrounded by Hawthorn supporters all day at work. I never fully recovered from the shame...

I was on the ski fields (I know, I know - please no elitist comments) of NZ listening whilst a family member held a radio to the phone. I nearly skied off into a ravine but I knew there would be better days!!!!!!!

Please don't mention the 88 GF. I rate it a far worse day than 189...

The pain.

The reality was that we had to beat the 2nd placed team on the ladder in the last round of the season just to make the finals . We did exceedingly well to make the GF in '88 .

Terrible belting but in a lot of ways our blokes over-achieved that year . For more details you can go here

I was on the ski fields (I know, I know - please no elitist comments) of NZ listening whilst a family member held a radio to the phone. I nearly skied off into a ravine but I knew there would be better days!!!!!!!

we live in hope mate.

I fully expect all Demonland & ology members to meet in a big bar when it does happen to celebrate hard. All arguements & differences buried.

The reality was that we had to beat the 2nd placed team on the ladder in the last round of the season just to make the finals . We did exceedingly well to make the GF in '88 .

Terrible belting but in a lot of ways our blokes over-achieved that year . For more details you can go here

yes that round 22 game was a very spiteful encounter. I have it on VHS