Caroline Wilson's descent into gutter journalism

titan_uranus

Did I say it wasnt a problem ? No..I just said its a joke. it is

Are you naive to the ways of the world ?

IF WE'RE IN TROUBLE...EVERYONE Is !!

Theyre hardly journalists !!

well i won't be laughing if and when the hammer comes down.

I have been waiting for this ugliness to fester.

No i do not consider myself niave. Other clubs will be dealt with in this. We are numero uno.

The hammer wont come down .. why...because the AFL is holding it, not Caro and her clowns.

If the hammer were to fall...half a dozen clubs would get hit. Wont happen

We are gone....a second player has now spoken up, reports the Herald sun.

It's going to be hard seeing Wines play for another club.

"Melbourne never sat down our coach, Dean Bailey, and instructed him not to win games. But he, I and everybody at the club knew what an important bearing on the club's future that extra draft pick might have. It went against the grain to find solace in failure, but that was the system in place," Stynes wrote.

• Like 1

The hammer wont come down .. why...because the AFL is holding it, not Caro and her clowns.

i think it will. On all of them. This is the AFL's chance to stop tanking stone dead.

"Melbourne never sat down our coach, Dean Bailey, and instructed him not to win games. But he, I and everybody at the club knew what an important bearing on the club's future that extra draft pick might have. It went against the grain to find solace in failure, but that was the system in place," Stynes wrote.

could be a very important paragraph that one.
  • Like 1

Kiss this year's draft goodbye if pick 4 is taken off us, without a full hearing according to the rules of natural justice. This has been a selective inquiry without any right of testing the statements by the victim and the ability to call its own evidence.

An injunction will stop the draft. Can't see it happening. I can however see us getting fined in a messy situation where no other club is then examined.

The whole workings of the AFL would be up for examination in a Court case.

• Like 5

i think it will. On all of them. This is the AFL's chance to stop tanking stone dead.

The AFL KNOWs it created this mess. it took some evasive action in regard to killing off the priority picks etc. Taking away the carrot. it will also understand ultimately, if ever push came to shove and it went to court, a place where the AFL doesnt control what is considered fair or right then it would be seen to have been at minimum complicit and worse instructive to the whole malaise.

It doesnt dare invoke the wrath of Collingwood or Carlton. It may even be uncertain currently of the beast we'll call for the moment "an awakened Melbourne". it knew the previous version but will have misgivings over the lack of resilience of this newer one.

Vlad will know, as would Adrian, if they light this fuse...they have no control over the fall out. I cant see them bringing a match to his.

If the evience is there I agree. That said I am not going to speculate until the report is released and there is clarity on the evidence.

Kiss this year's draft goodbye if pick 4 is taken off us, without a full hearing according to the rules of natural justice. This has been a selective inquiry without any right of testing the statements by the victim and the ability to call its own evidence.

An injunction will stop the draft. Can't see it happening. I can however see us getting fined in a messy situation where no other club is then examined.

The whole workings of the AFL would be up for examination in a Court case.

i can see this going to court. The MFC are under the hammer yes, but the AFL made the rules fairly loose.

Tanking doesnt exist. Ask Vlad.. Playing to the benefits as offered by the governing body did.

Those who are losing their heads answer me this..Would Demetriou ever announce he was wrong ? Thats the AFL was at fault ?

That warchest of ours......just got a new direction !!

• Like 1

The AFL KNOWs it created this mess. it took some evasive action in regard to killing off the priority picks etc. Taking away the carrot. it will also understand ultimately, if ever push came to shove and it went to court, a place where the AFL doesnt control what is considered fair or right then it would be seen to have been at minimum complicit and worse instructive to the whole malaise.

It doesnt dare invoke the wrath of Collingwood or Carlton. It may even be uncertain currently of the beast we'll call for the moment "an awakened Melbourne". it knew the previous version but will have misgivings over the lack of resilience of this newer one.

Vlad will know, as would Adrian, if they light this fuse...they have no control over the fall out. I cant see them bringing a match to his.

good points BB, and you may be right. But the MFC was so blatant in what it was doing. We even takked about it on here openly. Everybody knew what was unfolding.

That is my concern.

Guest José Mourinho

We can sit around and discuss how the individual strategies used in 2009 don't amount to anything punishable, as all teams use those methods and you can't establish intent...

But that is exactly what the AFL is trying to do: establish intent.

Through interviewing all involved parties and forensically dissecting all comments made in an effort to form some sort of unanimous irrefutable confession.

It'll be hard, but I have a feeling those on the case could get most people to confess to shooting JFK.

I just hope the club manages to play its cards right.

It's downright scary when Caro intimates that guys still on our payroll (Mahoney) are on the verge of rolling over (not that I necessarily believe her).

Tanking doesnt exist. Ask Vlad.. Playing to the benefits as offered by the governing body did.

Those who are losing their heads answer me this..Would Demetriou ever announce he was wrong ? Thats the AFL was at fault ?

Vlad made that statement before players have fessed up. He knew it was there, he tried to diffuse it.

good points BB, and you may be right. But the MFC was so blatant in what it was doing. We even takked about it on here openly. Everybody knew what was unfolding.

That is my concern.

everyone understand the nature of "experimentation and list management" etc. Many quietly chuckled like kids getting away with a prank but the reality was/is its as a legitimate tool for advancement as anything. Theres a time and place to go full bore. Many live in a utopian mind-space where things happen in an almost romantic pattern. These same people probably think every horse race is legit :unsure:

Others will justwink and tip their hats acknowledging this team or that is going for a rebuild etc.. Going back into the shop for some work !! Those that can play September do, those that cant put cues away and plan for the next campaign. Theres nothing sinister of new about this.

This is nothing about what Melbourne did or didnt do, let alone other clubs.. This is based purely on someone(s) revenge motive.

Id almost suspect Vlad inc is hoping it either burns out, or someone trips and exposes the real ruse .

Also a quote from the herald sun today after a melbourne player spoke about tanking, 'players were never told to lose'

He then goes on and talks about working out in the pre season etc just garbage really.

We wont get done for this.

• Like 1

Vlad made that statement before players have fessed up. He knew it was there, he tried to diffuse it.

You dont think he was watchng any footy for a few years then ?? :)

A squib is an anonymous forum slimebag that is silent and well hidden when all is well only to appear like an excitable meerkat when trouble is brewing.

And typically they have a predilection for asking questions while never providing any answers of substance, or having any intention of seeking balance. I don't care whether you were a past board member, or a relative was, but your modus operandi is tedious and without a skerrick of goodwill towards the club.

So you're still squibbing and now you're playing the man and not the ball because you've lost the contest. Pathetic.

Face it, the current administration can't even lose properly. They are a bunch of ex-jocks and liniment sniffing groupies that are way out of their depth and they are ruining our club.

Continuing to apologise for the current admin isn't standing up for the club - it is the opposite. You've never been able to separate the two.

• Like 2

everyone understand the nature of "experimentation and list management" etc. Many quietly chuckled like kids getting away with a prank but the reality was/is its as a legitimate tool for advancement as anything. Theres a time and place to go full bore. Many live in a utopian mind-space where things happen in an almost romantic pattern. These same people probably think every horse race is legit :unsure:

Others will justwink and tip their hats acknowledging this team or that is going for a rebuild etc.. Going back into the shop for some work !! Those that can play September do, those that cant put cues away and plan for the next campaign. Theres nothing sinister of new about this.

This is nothing about what Melbourne did or didnt do, let alone other clubs.. This is based purely on someone(s) revenge motive.

Id almost suspect Vlad inc is hoping it either burns out, or someone trips and exposes the real ruse .

this goes far deeper than someone's revenge. It started with Bails answering a question down the barrel of a camera.

If meetings took place with board members and coaches to compromise results then the MFC is in big trouble.

I do not see how you view it differently.

There is only evidence from sworn statements that FD personnel were present at the one specific meeting.

Agree Only one club will be hit.

He wont have to. The AFL are already looking bad out of this. Vlad will say he had no awareness of the vault meetings and is shocked and the AFL will need to act.

You need to stop sniffing conspiracy theories.

• Like 1