The Grand Final Thread

45HG

Cant believe the Swans won. They won't go down as a "great team" in history, but to be honest this season was a bit lacking in 'great teams'.

In my book they ARE one of the great teams.

No stars but the right attitude to helping their mates out for the desired result.

OK-Goodes is a star.

Jetta is pretty good too.

• Like 1

No stars but the right attitude to helping their mates out for the desired result.

OK-Goodes is a star.

spot on. Today will be remembered as a classic.

Guts.

Yes and she should be on our recruiting panel.

Recruiting......... nobody knows!

but she knows.

Words to the effect of ........'but there is a better one coming'

OMG; our recruiters were over paid nobodies and that is one reason why.

Yep, we can obviously save a fortune on having a recruiting department. Just ask mums to bring in their sons.

FFS. For starters it wasn't Lewis's mum, it was Neville's mum. And given that Lewis had been completely ignored by everybody in the 2007 draft and had gone back to playing bush football at the time, easy to understand why not only Melbourne, but every club in the land was ignoring her opinion. It was only after he started to play for the WAFL in 2009, that he began to be noticed.

Though it's all irrelevant, because if there's anything today's match shows, it's not who you draft, but what you do with them after you draft them. Or to put it another way, put all of Prendergast's and Cameron's draft choices in red and white, and you'd still have a Sydney team in the finals.

• Like 2

It seems a completely appropriate way to get some perspective to me.

It wasn't as if the Dorks where humiliated and needed Sheedy to put on an army helmet and yell at them about Anzac to set them going for next year.

As Rafter said on losing a Wimbledon nail biter.."no one died out there today"

Footy ISN'T life and death, and you CAN die happy even if your team doesn't win a premiership.

Geez...Jeff Kennett is unpleasant because he's had an empathy bipass and is married to someone who is proud that she a "good hater, not because he was the Hawks President.

Actually his philosophic superficiality makes him perfect for that sort of position.

I "hate" Dorks supporters en mass at any footy ground, yet one of my oldest friends is also a supporter.

It is just a game ...the opiate of the masses.

• Like 3

You seemed to have missed the

Yes, but the specific references weren't needed in making that point, and I think were tasteless.

You appear to have overlooked the fact he included a reference to his own family,which changes things somewhat.

Guest José Mourinho

You seemed to have missed the You appear to have overlooked the fact he included a reference to his own family,which changes things somewhat.

I'm not sure it does.

I didn't miss it, but I felt it completely unnecessary for him to specifically refer to any recent events, and then to be so specific about his own personal tragedy seemed too close to making excuses.

It's a minor complaint nonetheless.

I'm not sure it does.

I didn't miss it, but I felt it completely unnecessary for him to specifically refer to any recent events, and then to be so specific about his own personal tragedy seemed too close to making excuses.

It's a minor complaint nonetheless.

WTF? You tool. Talk about inappropriate and unnecessary.

OK-Goodes is a star.

Alex Johnson, Nick Smith, McGlynn, Craig Bird, Heath Grundy, Pyke, Parker, Morton, Reid, Richards, Mattner, Shaw are either young players or 'average' players mostly form other clubs. What they do though is play a role really well. One soldier falls another fills the spot. They know what to do and when. The players trust one another and they play as a team. They are a great team in fact. Full of admiration, We could learn so much from them. They also have a number of gun players and that makes a huge difference. We don't have the guns or the culture.

• Like 1

Alex Johnson, Nick Smith, McGlynn, Craig Bird, Heath Grundy, Pyke, Parker, Morton, Reid, Richards, Mattner, Shaw are either young players or 'average' players mostly form other clubs. What they do though is play a role really well. One soldier falls another fills the spot. They know what to do and when. The players trust one another and they play as a team. They are a great team in fact. Full of admiration, We could learn so much from them. They also have a number of gun players and that makes a huge difference. We don't have the guns or the culture.

that bunch of no names on friday are heroes today.

Please let us on here EVER over rate our list again.

I am sure our guys try, but they have to try harder & execute much better.

Mike Pyke. What a story.

• Like 1